“Couldn't have been better!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 20 hotels in Herndon
NC
“Couldn't have been better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at the Candlewood Suites for three weeks this fall. At the end of the day, it felt like coming home. The property is in a great (and very safe) location with stores and restaurants within short driving distance. The room was spotless and comfortable. Laundry facilities are free and easily accessed. Above all, the staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming. Friends asked me if I was going stir crazy in the room all that time....actually it felt like a cozy small apartment.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thank you NC8307 for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am happy that you had an excellent stay with us. Our staff is committed into making your stay as pleasant as possible. Thank you for giving us a chance to serve you. Please come back and visit us again soon.

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

My husband and I relocated to Virginia for job transfers. We needed a furnished place to stay that was economical but comfortable, clean and reliable. We found this Candlewood Suites to be the best value for our money as we were looking for a permanent housing solution. Free laundry, business center and fitness center were all big pluses. All utilities included. Housekeeping and front desk staff were excellent and friendly. We decided to upgrade to a one bedroom which I would definitely recommend for 2 people. The studio would be tight for more than one person. My only complaint was the kitchen which was somewhat limited for cooking resources. They do provide some plates, cutlery and basic needs for cooking. But, they only give you 2 burners - no oven. Bring a toaster oven if you can. Location is great for shopping and dining. Overall this was an excellent place and felt much more like home than a typical hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thank You Rene K for taking the time to let us know about your experience with our hotel. It is a delight to learn that we have provided you excellent service while you were here. We do like for you to think of us as your second home rather than just some hotel you stayed at. We want you to be comfortable and feel like you're a part of our Candlewood family. Thank you for choosing our hotel. I hope you'll keep us in mind next time you need a place to stay.
Edgewood, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I recently stayed at this property for 7 weeks. I was greeted nightly by extremely pleasant and helpful front desk staff. If I arrived between 5pm to 6pm I would get a warm cookie. This was a great no frills stay. Clean facility, free internet, FREE laundry, low cost pantry, fitness room, once a week maid service with fresh laundry available anytime. Flat screen TV with premium channels. The kitchen in the room had two burner cooktop, Microwave with powerful vent fan, dishwasher and full size refrigerator. Because of the upfront economy of this facility the monthly rate was exceptional for the Wash DC area. Easy access to Dulles and the Beltway. Public transportation right out front the motel to get you to the Metro and into DC in an hour. I would stay again in a heart beat. When you go say Hi to Princess.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
I appreciate your review TedC1! It is always a compliment when guests say that they will come back and stay with us again, it means we were able to provide excellent service during their stay. I am glad that you were able to make use of all our wonderful amenities while you were here. Let us know when you will be back to the DC area. We would love to be of service to you again the future.
Houston, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

The good reviews are warranted. The hotel is a quick 5 minutes from IAD/Dulles Airport but in a quiet, suburban area. The rooms are quiet and clean, beds are comfy, parking is free, and front desk is friendly. There is no free breakfast, but there is free laundry, a fitness room, and free coffee in the lobby 24/7. If you're in the area and are willing to take a chance, you'll be happy.

Room Tip: Either side is fine, but I would choose a higher floor to minimize noise from above. (The planes do...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you TechMarauder for your review! I am pleased to know that you had a great experience with us. Most of our guests find it convenient that we are only four miles away from the Dulles International Airport. We are also about a mile away from tons of restaurants in the area. I hope you get to stay with us again next time. We'd love to be of service to you again in the future.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

This was my second 20-day stay in the last 3 months. I came back because for longer stays you want the basics covered: clean rooms, good location, stove, full-sized refrigerator, microwave. The people here are terrific. Princess in the evening was always helpful and friendly. Ana in the morning was kind enough to lend me an umbrella when it rained. I have stayed several other places in the immediate area and next time I'm in Herndon, I'll stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review David W. It is of utmost important to us to be consistent in providing quality service, and your review showed us that we are doing just that. With so many other hotels in the Herndon area, the fact that you chose to stay with us again is the best compliment any hotel can get. Thank you for your patronage. I'll pass your compliments to Princess and Annia. We're looking forward to your next visit with us.
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I have been on long term contract here in the DC area. Not wanting to sign a contract with and apartment facility like I just left I came across Candlewood Suites in Herndon. For the price the comfort, location, and just the basic living amenities the place cannot be beat. I have done research on other Hotels in the area and for the money and luxuries no comparison. Candlewood Suites is the best deal in the DC area. I would recommend it to anyone. The staff is very courteous and friendly. Especially Princess who seems to live there. A 5 star rating as far as I'm concerned.

Room Tip: Sorry no restaurant but I moused over it and select excellent but I'm sure thier would be excell...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel Tom D. It means so much to us when a guest takes the time to write us a review. I am delighted to hear that we have provided you the best value for your money. It is one of our goals at Candlewood Herndon to provide an exceptionally good service without charging you extra for it. I hope you'll continue to patronize our hotel and I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff. Thank You!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I am in the process of a corporate relocation, and was faced with the daunting task of finding a place to stage myself for work while my house sells in another state. In these times, that coud take awhile and I only have so many relo dollars to spend. In doing research on extended stays, it was downright scary....stories of noise, degenerates, and bugs.

Not here. The Candlewood Suites is absolutely perfect.

It's finest quality is the staff. Very friendly, and always willing to help. They do care about their guests. And the place is very, very clean. No critters. They do maid service once a week but always willing to give you more towels if you need them. The free coffee has been wonderful. A big plus has been the free laundry connected with a small workout room. Also, very very close to Dulles Airport.

It's a great way to stay self sufficient and not pay higher hotels costs locally, especially where you're forced to eat out every night. Candlewood has delivered on price, value, and fantastic customer service. When I get my home and we settle here, it will be ironically sad to leave this great hotel that was there when I needed them. Highly recommended...A++++++!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review jlewchuk1967. It's wonderful reading all the nice things you have to say about us. I'm glad you found the gem of our hotel---the staff!! I am proud to say that we, at Candlewood Herndon, genuinely cares for our guest. We make sure that everyone leaves the hotel happy, with the feeling of wanting to come back. Please let us know if there is any way we can make your stay more comfortable. We are always open to receive guest feedback and is always looking for ways to improve our hotel. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay and thank you for choosing to stay at Candlewood!

Been to Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon? Share your experiences!