“Great extended stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Los Lunas, New Mexico
“Great extended stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I recently stayed at this property for 7 weeks. I was greeted nightly by extremely pleasant and helpful front desk staff. If I arrived between 5pm to 6pm I would get a warm cookie. This was a great no frills stay. Clean facility, free internet, FREE laundry, low cost pantry, fitness room, once a week maid service with fresh laundry available anytime. Flat screen TV with premium channels. The kitchen in the room had two burner cooktop, Microwave with powerful vent fan, dishwasher and full size refrigerator. Because of the upfront economy of this facility the monthly rate was exceptional for the Wash DC area. Easy access to Dulles and the Beltway. Public transportation right out front the motel to get you to the Metro and into DC in an hour. I would stay again in a heart beat. When you go say Hi to Princess.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
I appreciate your review TedC1! It is always a compliment when guests say that they will come back and stay with us again, it means we were able to provide excellent service during their stay. I am glad that you were able to make use of all our wonderful amenities while you were here. Let us know when you will be back to the DC area. We would love to be of service to you again the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Houston, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

The good reviews are warranted. The hotel is a quick 5 minutes from IAD/Dulles Airport but in a quiet, suburban area. The rooms are quiet and clean, beds are comfy, parking is free, and front desk is friendly. There is no free breakfast, but there is free laundry, a fitness room, and free coffee in the lobby 24/7. If you're in the area and are willing to take a chance, you'll be happy.

Room Tip: Either side is fine, but I would choose a higher floor to minimize noise from above. (The planes do...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you TechMarauder for your review! I am pleased to know that you had a great experience with us. Most of our guests find it convenient that we are only four miles away from the Dulles International Airport. We are also about a mile away from tons of restaurants in the area. I hope you get to stay with us again next time. We'd love to be of service to you again in the future.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

This was my second 20-day stay in the last 3 months. I came back because for longer stays you want the basics covered: clean rooms, good location, stove, full-sized refrigerator, microwave. The people here are terrific. Princess in the evening was always helpful and friendly. Ana in the morning was kind enough to lend me an umbrella when it rained. I have stayed several other places in the immediate area and next time I'm in Herndon, I'll stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review David W. It is of utmost important to us to be consistent in providing quality service, and your review showed us that we are doing just that. With so many other hotels in the Herndon area, the fact that you chose to stay with us again is the best compliment any hotel can get. Thank you for your patronage. I'll pass your compliments to Princess and Annia. We're looking forward to your next visit with us.
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I have been on long term contract here in the DC area. Not wanting to sign a contract with and apartment facility like I just left I came across Candlewood Suites in Herndon. For the price the comfort, location, and just the basic living amenities the place cannot be beat. I have done research on other Hotels in the area and for the money and luxuries no comparison. Candlewood Suites is the best deal in the DC area. I would recommend it to anyone. The staff is very courteous and friendly. Especially Princess who seems to live there. A 5 star rating as far as I'm concerned.

Room Tip: Sorry no restaurant but I moused over it and select excellent but I'm sure thier would be excell...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel Tom D. It means so much to us when a guest takes the time to write us a review. I am delighted to hear that we have provided you the best value for your money. It is one of our goals at Candlewood Herndon to provide an exceptionally good service without charging you extra for it. I hope you'll continue to patronize our hotel and I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff. Thank You!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I am in the process of a corporate relocation, and was faced with the daunting task of finding a place to stage myself for work while my house sells in another state. In these times, that coud take awhile and I only have so many relo dollars to spend. In doing research on extended stays, it was downright scary....stories of noise, degenerates, and bugs.

Not here. The Candlewood Suites is absolutely perfect.

It's finest quality is the staff. Very friendly, and always willing to help. They do care about their guests. And the place is very, very clean. No critters. They do maid service once a week but always willing to give you more towels if you need them. The free coffee has been wonderful. A big plus has been the free laundry connected with a small workout room. Also, very very close to Dulles Airport.

It's a great way to stay self sufficient and not pay higher hotels costs locally, especially where you're forced to eat out every night. Candlewood has delivered on price, value, and fantastic customer service. When I get my home and we settle here, it will be ironically sad to leave this great hotel that was there when I needed them. Highly recommended...A++++++!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review jlewchuk1967. It's wonderful reading all the nice things you have to say about us. I'm glad you found the gem of our hotel---the staff!! I am proud to say that we, at Candlewood Herndon, genuinely cares for our guest. We make sure that everyone leaves the hotel happy, with the feeling of wanting to come back. Please let us know if there is any way we can make your stay more comfortable. We are always open to receive guest feedback and is always looking for ways to improve our hotel. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay and thank you for choosing to stay at Candlewood!
Camberley, Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Stayed 3 nights in this place. Bit of a business / offfice haunt with little right nearby but a 15 mins walk gets you to plenty of restos and pubs at the mall up the road. Staff were 100% throughout and sorted things quickly and efficiently without issues and total professionalism. Got my long awaited washing done in the laundry room - for almost free and only facility seriously lacking at this place is a pool and regular free transfers to the airport. Not best location but evertything else 110%. Cannot rate staff attitude and helpfulness highly enough.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review Craigie! I am happy to know that our staff was very helpful to you during your stay and that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary laundry facilities. In addition to this, we also provide free use of our business center, gym and barbecue grills outside. I am sorry you don't feel like we have the best location, but I am happy to say that we are situated in a quiet and safe community so you won't have to worry about taking walks outside during your spare time. The airport is also only 4 miles away from us and so taking a taxi will not cost you an arm and a leg. Next time you visit us please stop by at the front desk, I'd love to provide you more information about the community center nearby that offers a 25-yard heated indoor pool, spa and sauna---so you can go anytime you feel like taking a dip in the pool. I hope you'll keep Candlewood Herndon in mind when you come to the area again. Looking forward to your next stay with us.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed in the Candlewood Suites for nine days in August. It was just about exactly what we needed, and a very good value for the price paid.

We purchased the room for $58 a night through Hotwire, plus taxes and fees, bringing the total to about $66 a night. The room was not fancy, just a basic studio type arrangement. It had a queen size bed, a nice little kitchen, a table and two chairs, an easy chair, and a combo dresser and stand for a 30 inch flat screen TV. The room was about 280 square feet (just a bit larger than the standard US hotel room), and the bathroom was standard size. The bed was just a bit softer than I am used to, but it was not bad by any means. The bathroom was spartan, but functional. It came with some nice towels. The shower was fine with plenty of hot water.

Our room was fairly quiet -- we heard practically nothing from the halls or from neighboring rooms during our entire stay. At times the jets taking off from Dulles were rather loud outside the building, but very little noise penetrated the room. The heating/coooling unit, however, was fairly noisy when it was on -- bu it didn't bother me because it was a constant noise, although it might bother some.

Our room was on the third floor. I think perhaps I would recommend a room on the first or second floor, however, as there was only one elevator and it was a bit slow at times. Also, when you exited the elevator into the hallway you could often smell other people cooking, usually a sort of curry and onion smell, which was not unpleasant to me. But there was no cooking smell in our room.

Candlewood had several features that set it apart in a positive way from other lower- cost, extended-stay places we have used. For example, the Candlewood complex had a nice laundry room, and all the washer and dryers were free for guests. The kitchen in our room was well stocked with utensils, and included a dishwasher and garbage disposal. The refrigerator was full size, with a nice big freezer and ice maker. Complimentary coffee and newpapers were available everyday. Basic internet was also free, and perfectly fine for the web browsing and emailing we did, although you could pay additional ($4.95 a day) if you wanted faster internet service.

The nearest grocery store was about a mile away, so you could walk to it but it would be a bit of hike without a car. Candlewood did have its own little store that sold mostly prepackaged foods, and a little fruit, if you wanted to eat that. Also, like all extended stay places, the maid service was weekly (not daily), although you could exchange towels any time you wanted.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
I appreciate your review Paul15795. I am delighted to hear your positive comments about our hotel. It is our goal to ensure that everyone who stays in our hotel have a pleasureable experience.

As a hotel that is geared towards the long-term stay traveller, we make sure that we provide all a long-term guest may need and more. I am happy that you found many of our amenities useful during your stay. Besides the laundry facilities, our exercise room and business center are complimentary as well. Next time you are back in the area, please keep in mind that we also have grills outside by the gazebo that is free for your use as well.

I hope this wont be the last time we'll see you in our hotel. Looking forward to your next visit with us.

Been to Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon? Share your experiences!