“Highly Recommended!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Bristow, Virginia
“Highly Recommended!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Originally we stayed at the Staybridge Inn in Herndon (just a street over). It was HORRIBLE (massive amounts of bugs, enormous roaches and spiders, poor cleaning). We were able to finally move out of that hotel and into the Candlewood Suites. What a breath of fresh air! The staff was extremely friendly. We had to stay there for over a month. I never saw one bug the entire time. Everytime I needed help, someone was always very willing and ready to help me out. We actually got to know the maids they were so friendly! We felt safe, too. The only downfall was that there wasn't a free breakfast, but there is a little food shop you can charge to your room. For long stays like ours, there is a small CLEAN kitchenette in the room. They have a few pots and pans (enough for making noodles), a microwave, fridge/freezer, utencils, and sink. If we ever have to send someone to a hotel, especially long-term, it will be this specific Candlewood Suites. Absolutely wonderful stay!

This receives a 4 out of 5 stars because most hotels provide a free continental breakfast and this one did not. (I was able to get over it by purchasing some breakfast foods myself for our family and making it in the kitchenette).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel on tripadvisor bluewings7. Im sure my staff will be happy to know that they contributed in making your stay very pleasant. Our housekeepers work hard in ensuring that our entire hotel is always clean and to be recognized in your review is deeply appreciated. Although our hotel doesn't provide complimentary breakfast, The Candlewood Cupboard provides a wide selection of breakfast items at a minimal fee, which is still cheaper than staying at a hotel that offers complimentary breakfast but charges you extra for it. With Candlewood, you can be sure that you will always get excellent service and the best value for your buck. I hope you'll come stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was very pleased with my experience at this hotel. The staff was particularly eager to please. Free coffee, free wifi, free local calls, free business center, free laundry room, free newspaper. This is an 'extended stay' hotel, so the rooms are not cleaned daily, but the room comes with a stove, a microwave and a refrigerator. Particularly recommended for the short-term business traveler.

Room Tip: For noise avoidance, ask for a room far from the stairs and elevator.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel on tripadvisor Tomzinho. It means so much to us when a guest appreciates our service so much that they go out of their way to do a review. THANK YOU!!

I am delighted that you enjoyed all the nice amenities of our hotel. Our wonderful staff is always happy to help our guests with all their needs. I am happy they helped make your stay more pleasant. We'd love to be of service to you again in the future. Please come and visit us again next time.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I have stayed at the Candlewood Suites near Dulles Airport for over 75 nights since April. They are incredibly accomodating and the front desk staff are a delight. If your an extended stay traveler you will appreciate their attention to the details that matter for you. I have always felt very safe at this hotel, which cannot be said for other Herndon locations.

If your looking for a regular hotel you may not appreciate the benefits or limitations of an extended stay hotel so be sure to keep this in mind. Particularly the weekly maid service vice the daily service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Hello ikeeptrying! Thank you for writing us a review. Yes, we are indeed situated in a very safe, quiet area, it is one of the great features of our hotel. Thank you for mentioning the front desk staff, I am sure they will be delighted to know that you appreciated their hospitality. I hope you'll stay with us next time you are in the area so we can, once again be of service to you.
Lakewood, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

When we were there we were dissapointed that there was no swimming pool but we were glad that there was one at the recreational center nearby. One of the days we were there they had cookies on the front desk and they were delicous. All of the workers there were really nice. They have this place called the cupboard and had food, snacks, laundry soap, and other needs. Another great thing about Candlewood Suited is when you do your laundry it is free. And while you're waiting for your laundry to be done you can workout and watch TV in the Fitness Center.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Room was a clean spacious suite. Within a quick trek to the airport and businesses. Princess, front desk staff, was extraordinarily helpful. Grounds were clean and location was convenient. Business center was clean and useful.
I'd also find it a great place for leisure travel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
It is always great to read a wonderful review such as yours AmeliaAirheadOnThe Rd! I am pleased that you thought your stay with us was perfect. It is always a delight to hear that a guest appreciates the cleanliness of our hotel. I'll let Princess know that you mentioned her in your review. We hope to see you again soon when you are back in the Washington/Dulles area in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I was pleased with the "home-feel" amenities in the suite, and the laundry and exercise facilities both provided convenience and satisfaction.. The staff was freindly and attentive. I would definitiely return for another extended stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Yup... Thatz right. I could not ask for more.. Nice and kewl suites with good people around. I have been staying from March this year and will continue stay till my stay in US.Well maintained laundry room, gym are the facilities I liked a lot. I would like to thank Dan Pe and Princess who always helped me during my stay.. Also, th house keeper manager Martha who never complains on cleaning my untidy room :)... Well recommend this to all..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Thank you for posting your review about your experience with us shakarjayaraman! I am glad you appreciate the efforts we put into keeping the laundry room and gym always clean. They are the top favorite amenities of our guests and we want to make sure they're always to your satisfaction. I'll be sure to pass along your message to Dan, Princess and Marta. I am delighted to hear that they are a big help to you. If there's any way we can make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my staff. Thank you for staying at Candlewood Suites.

Been to Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon? Share your experiences!