“Very Clean, comfy and safe” 4 of 5 stars

Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
herndon, VA
“Very Clean, comfy and safe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

This hotel has surpassed my expectations! I came to this hotel because I am relocating for work and needed a place to stay for 30 days or more while I found an apartment. after being here for three weeks, I've decided to stay for another month (or possibly more if needed).
This entire hotel is very clean. The bed is comfy and I sleep great. Being a female alone here, I feel very safe. The staff is awsome. They genuinely care that their customers are happy, which is rare these days. I have to work while I am in the hotel and even though there are a lot of people here, it's still very quiet and good for working. The towels are big, for a hotel, and very soft. Housekeeping staff do a great job keeping the rooms clean.
Even though I requested to extend my stay a little late and during a busy time for the hotel, it was not a problem. This is a home like place away from home. The people here have made a tough time a whole lot easier for me. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Thank you linjoyboy36 for such a fantastic review! We always make sure that our hotel is clean and our guests feel secure and happy while they are here. I am glad you feel at home with us and that you are enjoying your stay. Please remember that we are always here at your service whenever you need anything. Our top priority is to make your stay as comfortable as we possibly can. Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites Herndon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Last week April24 -30,2011 M.G.M I had the Pleasure of Staying 6 days at Candlewood Suites, Herndon VA. while I accompanied my Spouse on a Business trip. Upon arrival I had a Feeling of Peace and Comfort because we were Greeted by Dan and Processed so Quickly and given ALL the Info we needed ie. Attractions , Resturants, On site Amenities ..ie, Free laundry Service , Convience Store, Gym, Outdoor Barbeque Area, Movies for Free, Newspaper Just EVERYTHING for a Extended Stay you need. I AM HANDICAPPED so I had use of Room 109 for Accessibilty and IT WAS AMAZING for Us with Special needs. The room was Spacious, On the First Floor with window Located to view the Outside World. The Bathroom has Awesome Specials and a" TIKI wood seat" attached to Shower. I LOVED it. Desk Support Anna, Princess to name a few were So very available and Pleasant , Hospitable which was Important to me because i was going to be hanging around while my Spouse was away. Free Coffee ALL day and Hot Cookies at 5 PM at the Front Desk was the Icing on the Cake. The Kitchen in Room FULLY Stocked and the Towels were VIP Quality. The Facility is Mature and Quiet and the Front and Back has benches to Just Sit, Relax and Exhale. AWESOME. This Hotel was recommended to me for its Attention to the Clients and I AM Glad it was. I also want to Say there was a Sales rep on Site to take any Suggestions you have . This is a New Amazing Place and We will TRULY BE Back. Housekeeping Staff Rocks Also. Thanks and Respect. M.G.M I appreciate Everything and Everyone and will Tell ALL my Handi Friends this is the Place to be. Yes.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
I was so happy to read your review, pyrimid! It covered it all--from the staff, the room, the amenities, and of course our delicious cookies. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. It is a pleasure knowing you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Beckley, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

I needed a place to stay for a couple of weeks while on business, and I decided to give the Candlewood Suites a try. It was very close to the Dulles airport, so I didn't have to wait long in the taxi. I wasn't sure what I would be sacrificing in terms of quality, but I was pleasantly surprised by everything I experienced. The staff was very courteous, the rooms were very clean, and I found the living space to be big enough for my needs.

Being in the IT industry, I needed fast internet access. Also, I've had trouble getting my VPN connection to work over wireless connections offered by hotels I've previously stayed in, and so I was relieved to find that they offer free, fast internet access over wired and wireless connections. Most of the newer hotels offer only wireless, and that can be a pain for me. The "free" part was great too, considering that some of the more expensive hotels I've stayed in actually try to nickel and dime you by charging an internet service fee. I had no trouble getting hooked up, and was even able to use the large LCD television as a laptop monitor.

Having the kitchen was great. Between making my own food and hitting the fitness center once a day, I was actually able to lose a few pounds during my stay, as opposed to other trips when I was forced to eat out all the time. Unfortunately, I still succumbed to my late-night cravings at their snack bar, so I could have done better.

The most pleasant experience I had was dealing with the Director of Sales, Rita Cuppett. She went out of her way to meet with me during my stay, making sure I was satisfied with everything. She was very friendly and a pleasure speaking with. She even left a personal welcome card in my room upon arrival. I would definitely recommend talking with her if you have a special request. During my stay I told Rita that I often made several pots of coffee a day because the coffee pot was so small. So she went out and got me a bigger coffee maker. Now that's what I call service!

Room Tip: Talk to Rita - she can get you any available room
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you for sharing your "Candlewood Experience" with us HenrySites77. I am sure a lot of travellers will find your review very helpful, as many of them look at tripadvisor when travelling to a new location. I am happy you took advantage of all our wonderful amenities and that we have won your heart over during your stay. It is always a pleasure to know that we have impressed a guest with the quality of our service and our hotel. I will share your positive comments with our staff, especially Rita, who I'm sure will be delighted to know all the nice things you've said about her. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to show you what the Candlewood Suites is all about. We are looking forward to being of service to you again in the future.
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

I thank this Hotel and its staff for the wonderful service, it is just heartful to experience how helpful they are and specially like to thank Dan, Princess , Susan and Marta for all thier support and making me feel like at home all through out my stay.

I recall and relish each and every moment i spent in this place and all the weekends we njoied together...in church , for lunch and outings...

Thank you Candlewoods for all the comfort...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
I'd like to thank you Kavitha105 for your wonderful review! I am always happy to read comments about how we succeeded in making guests, like you, feel at home in our hotel. I have extended your appreciation to Dan, Susan, Marta and Princess, and they were very pleased. Thank you for the opportunity you have given to us to be of service to you. It was a pleasure having you at Candlewood Herndon!
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

After living in this place I cannot easily forget the wonderful people like Rita, Steve, Stan, Annia & Princess.
The accommodation is very good with all the expected amenities available & properly maintained.
I've travelled quite a bit around the world but what I got here was invaluable i.e. friendship of Dan Pe. If it was not for him then I wouldn't have stayed there beyond 2-3 days. Despite being a Weekend Manager at the Hotel, he went out of his way & assisted all those whenever stuck "lost sheep". He did not only spend his precious time guiding us but also money on us taking us around & about Virginia on Sundays exploring tourist sites along with his wonderful family. His wife Susan was very caring & understanding as their daughter Vanessa compromised on her schedule to take me to various shopping places. Who would offer such great treatment to strangers?

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
What an excellent review sgawarwala! My staff was thankful when they heard about it, most especially Dan. You are right, he is truly a remarkable person. I am glad you get to experience first-hand , the exceptional service and hospitality my staff extends to all our guests. And thank you for mentioning our amenities in your review, it's always a pleasure to know when our efforts to keep the hotel always looking-new go unnoticed. Please keep us in mind next time you are in DC/Viriginia, we are looking forward to your next visit with us.
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

My stay at the Candlewood Suites, in Herndon, VA was very nice. I had a great suite with a NICE comforable queen size bed, an alarm clock with Radio and buzz alarm, a good desk area and a nice comfty kichenette. I also enjoyed my view of planes taking off from Washington-Dulles airport.
The staff (desk and cleaning personnel) was always curteous and very helpful. The desk clerks provide a list of nearby resturuants and shopping areas with simple easy to follow directions.
The hotel has a decent gym with treadmills, a stationary bike and two ellipicals which provide good cardio workout and a multi-use machine which provided some muscle fitness. Having a laudromat on the premise was also great, along with a little self serve mini-mart.
My stay was very pleasant and in a way I was sad to leave.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
Hello pcrodriguez78! I'd like to thank you for your fantastic review. I am happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel amenities. Our staff is always happy to serve wonderful guests like you. We'd love to have you back again! Please visit us again soon.
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

The Candlewood Suites in Herndon, VA has a great staff and has made my stay very comfortable and worry free. I am in town on business for 5 months and I love coming to my temporary home. The staff is great and the evening manager "Princess" is outstanding. She never hesitates to answer all of my questions, assist me in any matters, and provide me with information when needed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Dear JHarris69,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel. I am glad that the staff has been assisting you and making your stay more comfortable. We appreciate you staying with us as we pride ourselves on excellent guest service. Your kind words about our staff and hotel are appreciated. We want to continue to be your home away from home again in the future.

Been to Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon? Share your experiences!