“Interesting Concept; Not Good Delivery” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stone's Cove Kitbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 178 restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunrise Valley
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Interesting Concept; Not Good Delivery”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 NEW

The idea -- having a bar where the servers are also involved in the food preparation, and being able to see the food being prepared in part -- is intriguing. Indeed, the physical space in the restaurant is good looking. But the execution was very poor. We waited forever for someone to serve us, and for every stage of the meal. And the food itself was somewhat inventive, but once you get past the original concept of most of the food, you realize it's still pre-fab, and not terribly good quality.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Average plave but great staff.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 NEW

I have been twice now because of it's locality and convenience, it's right near my apartment.

Firstly, the staff are great, everyone who works there seems genuinely happy to be there and working. The inside is pretty cool but it is set up like a giant bar so most tables are up on stools surrounding the bar/kitchen in the middle.

Food was average, the menu isn't exhaustive but it is all basic, it's good for a quick bite to eat and a drink but I will only go back if i'm desperate. The pulled pork sandwich I had last time was ok, it was cold in the middle and contained too much sauce so ended up tasting pretty bland.

Overall great staff and average food, could be worse but could be a lot better. If I get desperate I will go again and maybe it will be better.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Appitapas?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was a little put off by the names on the menu (Appitapas, Cheftenders etc) a little kitschy but it was so close to the hotel I was staying in I figured it was worth a stop. I had the Tuna appetizer and the Shrimp and Grits. The Tuna was a good value and a nice appetizer (or appitapa?) and the Shrimp and Grits were fantastic. I would order that again! The shrimp were grilled and the grits were so creamy AND fluffy! I never thought I would like them that much! I love the set up as well. I eat out frequently and usually enjoy having dinner at the bar. This place is mostly all bar with the tables built in. The service was excellent and the 'Cheftenders' (ugh!) were friendly and really helpful! I enjoyed my meal so much I dragged another friend there a couple of days later and it was just as good as the first time! it will be a regular stop when I am in the area.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lagos, Nigeria
“Great martini with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I read quite a few reviews before taking my son's family for dinner. The seating is a little odd if you have a party of 4 or more, but the hostess was able to accommodate us even with a 3 week old infant. Our server was very friendly, informed us with the specials and took our drink orders while we reviewed the menu. We all ordered the lobster tail and top sirloin special along with the cold and hot dips appetizer. The appetizer was very good. It consisted of hot spinach dip, taziki, pepper and a cheese dips. I ordered the cucumber basil martini, which is FAB. Our entrées came fairly quickly. The lobster was good, however I thought my steak was a little tough. I would have preferred a filet and would have paid extra for it, if the choice had been available. Since this visit, I have already been back.

Visited June 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Kickin' Pear Martini & Sliders ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is a unique restaurant and one of the best in the Herndon area. The food is really excellent and it's moderately priced considering how good it is, not to mention they have an outstanding beverage menu. I particularly like the pear martini and the sliders.