“Great martini with good food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stone's Cove Kitbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 202 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: American, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunrise Valley
Sugar Land, Texas
“Great martini with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I read quite a few reviews before taking my son's family for dinner. The seating is a little odd if you have a party of 4 or more, but the hostess was able to accommodate us even with a 3 week old infant. Our server was very friendly, informed us with the specials and took our drink orders while we reviewed the menu. We all ordered the lobster tail and top sirloin special along with the cold and hot dips appetizer. The appetizer was very good. It consisted of hot spinach dip, taziki, pepper and a cheese dips. I ordered the cucumber basil martini, which is FAB. Our entrées came fairly quickly. The lobster was good, however I thought my steak was a little tough. I would have preferred a filet and would have paid extra for it, if the choice had been available. Since this visit, I have already been back.

Visited June 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Kickin' Pear Martini & Sliders ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a unique restaurant and one of the best in the Herndon area. The food is really excellent and it's moderately priced considering how good it is, not to mention they have an outstanding beverage menu. I particularly like the pear martini and the sliders.

“Wonderful food; just a bit noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great surprise for a restaurant in an airport near a big airport. Terriffic food. Concept, as described in other reviews is that of a large circular bar admist which you can watch your food being prepared. Just a few tables available in the ends of the room, and they likely require reservations. My only complaint was the noise level from the multiple TVs and the overhead sound system. Frankly, for such a good restaurant, they should stick with that impression and not try to compete with the sports bars and such -- which can't possibly match Stone's Cove in quality or variety of food. God for the food and keep reminding them to soften the background sounds.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Fairfax, VA
“Late Christmas Celebration for My Work Team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I manage a virtual team who's not been together since last year. So when we were all in town, we went for a belated Christmas dinner. Really enjoyed sharing multiple appetizers, loved the Buffalo Chicken flat bread, lobster rolls, ahi tuna, and loaded potato soup. Lots of variety and we liked everything we ordered! Service was very friends (including the guy server who had a spider on him we just HAD to notice)!

• Visited June 2014
Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I keep goping back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Wow! Unique dishes with a menu that varies slightly. I never knew grits could taste so good! There's nothing on the menu that you probably will not like. Every time I go back I try something new and I have not been disappointed. Great staff, great drinks and a pleasant environment.

Visited June 2014