“Great idea, slight miss on execution” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stone's Cove Kitbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 182 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunrise Valley
Naples
“Great idea, slight miss on execution”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Overall an average visit. I like the concept and watching your server prepare your food, however, you do not have a dedicated server so we were constantly asked if we had ordered, what we were drinking, etc. Food came sporadically so some were eating while others were waiting. Duck sliders were great. I decided to go all sea. Ahi tuna was not that great. so stay clear of that. Fish tacos had great flavor but hardly had any fish. It looked like 1oz of fish or maybe less. Overall, not a bad place but not great. Especially for the cost.

Herndon, Virginia
“Delicious food great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I go to the Kitbar at least once a month. The staff are always very attentive and helpful. The food is well prepared and tastey. It is not an inexpensive place to eat, but our experience has always been a good one.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jack B, Owner at Stone's Cove Kitbar, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you for your continued patronage and kind words about Stone's Cove! We take pride in our team of ChefTenders and are happy to hear you regularly enjoy both the food and the service provided. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very Good meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Cool set-up with most of the tables around the interior bar/kitchen area. All the staff were very attentive. We got the meatloaf cupcakes as an appetizer; my wife had the Devil's Kissed pasta and I had the chicken kabobs. Everything was very good!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jack B, Owner at Stone's Cove Kitbar, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your dinner and service at the KitBar! And we agree, you can't go wrong by starting your meal with the Meatloaf Cupcakes! We hope to see you soon.
Falls Church, Virginia
“Awesome restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

The service was excellent, the food was delicious, and the drinks were perfect. I highly recommend going here. We sat around the bar and enjoyed the awesome bartender, who took good care of me and 4 of my girlfriends.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jack B, Owner at Stone's Cove Kitbar, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you for the 5-star review! Our ChefTenders work hard to provide excellent service and it's always great to hear positive feedback from our guests. We hope to see you soon at the KitBar!
“Nothing to compare it with”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The idea is unique as far as I have ever seen. I just ate there about 15 minutes ago and can't decide if it is great or I overpaid for something simple. It could be a dot painted on canvas by Picasso or a dot painted by me. The building is nice and the food preparing setup looks elaborate so I don't think I'm at a lemonade stand being tricked by kids. I had two items f or about $11 each. The upside down meatloaf tasted quite good with the horse radish flavor. It was either developed by a master chef or by accident by my college roommate in a dorm. I don't know. The chicken kabob was flavorful and had good flavor without being spicy. If I was to go back with a friend I would order 3 items and share.

Jack B, Owner at Stone's Cove Kitbar, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for writing such a wonderful four star review. It's always a little risky to try a new place and we appreciate you taking the time to come give us a try. The next time you're in try sharing a few items - it will only enhance your experience. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!