“Trip to Air and Space Museum” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
“Trip to Air and Space Museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our family stayed at the Staybridge Suites Dulles over the weekend. Room was clean and well supplied. Pool was nice but the hot tub didn't work. Staff was knowledgeable and professional. Breakfast meal had many selections and the quality was good.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed at this Staybridge Suites 6 times. the hotel is close to Washington, DC.
Good clean rooms, good strong wi-fi, complementary breakfast is good.
They have a outdoor swimming pool and a small 24/7 laundromat for guest.
Would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I needed a place for three nights to see concerts at Jiffy Lube live, and this place fit the bill. A comfortable one bedroom suite with the basic kitchen, full-size refrigerator and a comfortable sofa and easy chair to watch TV in the main room. The king size bed was wonderful and it had a semi walk-in closet with space to put your bag, hang your clothes, right next to the sink and separate water closet with walk-in shower. This looks like a garden apartment complex so your door is on the exterior but very close to your parking spot. The rooms on the far away and are a bit far away from the lobby and the breakfast area. It had a nice outdoor pool area but not heated so a bit chilly at the end of May, first of June. Good value for what you get

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room near the lobby
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Our family stayed at the Staybridge Suites on the night before we were to move across states. All of our furniture had been packed and we needed a bed to sleep on- that was it. We picked the Staybridge Suites because the cost was the best, AND my husband and I could have our own room (all of the other local "suites" that are affordable don't actually have separate bedrooms).

We arrived tired and exhausted and the room was nicely decorated and extremely clean. The bed (a king) was super comfortable, and our son slept of the pullout couch which also had a decent mattress. We had a good night's sleep and woke up in the morning to eat the complimentary breakfast served by the hotel, which was also good.

Our only regret was that we weren't able to stay longer. The facility has outdoor basketball courts and an outdoor pool, and we didn't not get to enjoy those.

This is a GREAT value and a great place to stay. I plan to stay here whenever I return to the area!

Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the Herndon Staybridge Suites because we were able to get a two bedroom, two bath suite for an amazing price. I figured at that price, the hotel would be dumpy or in a not-so-great area, but I was wrong. The hotel was close to Arrowbrook Park, which I heard was great for kids, and the 'clock tower' plaza, which had 10+ restaurants, including Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Italian, BBQ, etc.

Unfortunately, we couldn't check in when we got there at 2pm, but we were able to use the beautiful outdoor pool. There was a 'picnic' area outside with grills, and a nice area inside with lounge chairs and chaises. We met a nice family who was actually living at the hotel... I don't blame them since it's cheaper than our mortgage! There was also a lifeguard on duty, who was really watching to make sure the kids were ok.

The room was modern, new, and clean, and our room was right upstairs from the main lobby. We loved being able to shut our door and watch TV while our kids went into their own room and watched what they wanted to watch. And you couldn't beat the two bathrooms. The breakfast in the morning was great... omelets, sausage, juices, bagels, etc.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel... I've already told all my friends about it.

Room Tip: We loved having the room above the main lobby! That way we could go right downstairs and use the po...
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I travel quite often mostly for business and I recently stayed here at the Staybridge in Herndon, VA. This has got to be the worst extended stay property I've stayed at. Although I thought the price was a great deal compared to the nightly cost of other hotels of the same type in the vicinity. I later discovered why it was so much cheaper as it is in desperate need of an upgrade to it's entire facility as most of the rooms amenities are run down and it's a shot in the dark if everything will work as expected. The only reason I can justify even a single star is because of the staff. Whether i was speaking with the folks at the front desk, housekeeping or the shuttle driver they were extremely friendly and helpful and give you the impression they would do anything in their power to make your stay pleasant one. The last thing I'll say which in itself baffled me is the management of this place. On several occasions I observed and/or overheard what I discovered later to be a manager yelling quite loudly at someone on the staff.. Now I understand that people can make mistakes but the berating that the manager gave was more then just down right disrespectful and a total embarrassment to themselves and the hotel as a whole.. My advise, find a different hotel to stay at as I know I'll not be returning.

Room Tip: Best tip I can offer is to find a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
cwsphx, Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Rob - I'm sorry to hear about your stay experience at Staybridge Suites Herndon. I would like to get more information from you and have inboxed you. I look forward to discussing with you in greater detail and addressing your concerns. Thanks so much for the feedback. Brian P. Manager
Dickinson, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Very nice hotel with a great breakfast. The shuttle service is nice, however, very unreliable, especially for a pickup. The first night we were there, we had to wait at the park-and-ride for over a half hour in the dark. In fact, we were there so long the security guard checked on us to make sure everything was OK. This was a consistent issue. In fact, we had to make sure that we came back from DC earlier each night so we wouldn't have to sit in the dark again. Most of the time, we had to call back to make sure the shuttle didn't forget us. We tried giving them extra notice, scheduling a set time, calling last minute - nothing helped. If they continue to provide this service, they should have two shuttle drivers, at least during the peak hours. They have at least three vehicles to use. During the weekday, preference is given to corporate shuttles from 8-10, which is understandable, however, it takes at least an hour to hour and a half to get into the city, so we sometimes wanted to get going in the morning to make use of our time. A few times, we had to leave earlier than we wanted to because of this.

The "text for info" feature is really nice. We did have nice shuttle drivers and most of the front desk staff was nice as well, although most of them did not have much sympathy for the shuttle issues. Myron is an employee that sticks out to me. He was always friendly and felt bad we had to wait in the dark for the shuttle. Always greeted us with a smile and truly cared about us.

Rooms are very spacious! We had a two bedroom/two bathroom and loved it!

If you have a lot to do in DC, I would suggest staying closer or right in the city. The commute gets long and tiring, especially having to wait for the shuttle.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear the shuttle service timing was an issue. We're working hard to improve the consistency of our complimentary shuttle services and looking at ways to improve run times. I hope you'll consider staying with us in the future when your traveling through northern Virginia. Brian P. Manager

Been to Staybridge Suites Dulles? Share your experiences!