“Excellent in every way.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Darlington
“Excellent in every way.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I stopped in the Washington area for a week on our way back from visiting our son in California.
When we arrived at the Staybridge Suites we couldn't believe our luck.
The suite we were given was huge. Everything was spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable, and we never heard a sound from anywhere. To top it all off, as we arrived midweek we were offered a free buffet meal in the evening which was very tasty.
The staff were all very helpful and pleasant.
Would definitely stay for longer next time - unfortunately we had only booked an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Only experienced one room, but have no doubt that they are all as good.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AJudy, Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear RetiredDarlington,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent experience! I'm happy you felt comfortable and at home during your stay with us! The team takes a lot of pride in making our guests stay memorable. We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Staybridge Suites Herndon Dulles in the near future!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Let me get my gripes out of the way first. Why in the world are the mattresses so hard? I understand that some people like a firm mattress, but there is no reason on earth that a mattress should feel like the ground. If you need that hard of a sleeping space- then just sleep on the floor! The couch was more comfortable than the bed, I should have slept there and then I wouldn't be so sore right now. I would expect this from a $49 special hotel- not here.

Also, there was too much furniture in the suite. The couch, then the extended part of the couch, the sofa chair, then the large lamp, the desk, and the desk chair, the two ottomons, and don't forget the TV stand. That is too much for a such a small space. We had to move the sofa chair by the kitchen and put the ottomans in the bedroom in order to feel like we could breathe.

Despite my gripes, I would give it a 4/5. It was clean, I enjoy free breakfast, and the staff I encountered on the premises were friendly. I can ignore the cluttered rooms, but fix the beds. This is a hotel, not prison.

Room Tip: There is no elevator. If stairs are an issue, request a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear SpicyCreole,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience! I'm happy that the team was able to provide you with a welcoming experience. I do apologize that you did not like the firmness of the mattresses. In the future when we re-order our mattresses we will look into getting a different firmness of mattress that will better accomodate all of our guests. We truly appreciate your comments, thank you for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites Herndon Dulles!

Harrisburg, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My main complaint is the new extra firm mattress (all rooms, according to the front desk, have new extra firm mattresses). We reserved a king size bed suite and received a double (we did receive a reduce rate for this after complaining), so we were cramped and trying to relax but the beds were like sleeping on the floor. The short sofa was more comfortable then the bed and that is where I slept curled up. No extra comfort at this hotel, but the staff is nice. Full kitchen, small living area, and separate bedroom. Bathroom plumbing not in the best shape. Had to ask maintenance to fix the door (it closed, but did not latch). I would have enjoyed my stay if not for the lack of sleep due to the hard mattress and short couch. If you like extra firm beds, you will love this place.

Room Tip: No elevator... chose a first floor if climbing steps are an issue. However, if you request a first...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
AJudy, Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Angie-n-Wendel,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. I apologize that you did not like the firmness of the mattress in your suite. When we re-order our mattresses we will take this into consideration. I'm glad that the team was able to help you with all of your other needs and made you feel at home. Thank you for staying at the Staybridge Suites Herndon-Dulles!

uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We came here after exploring Gettsyburg, as a base for looking around Washington DC. Very nice suites, clean, spacious, very helpful staff, free light meals and drinks on evenings. Nice pool to play in. If driving into Washington DC make sure you have plenty of quarters as some tolls are unmanned and state exact change only. We fell foul of this! Washington DC is a lovely district. Recommend bus tour as we soon realised our plan to walk everywhere was rather ambitious, especially given the heat! Also recommend pre booking entry, as we did, to the National Archives as we were able to go in on timed entry and avoid long queues. Loved seeing all the sights, White House, Vietnam War Memorial etc. We would love to go back sometime as there is lots we didn't manage to do. Many museums we didn't manage to get to. Great experience at the suites, strongly recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear lizziemartie,
Thank you for telling us about your recent experience! I'm glad that you felt comfortable and at home during you stay. The team takes a lot of pride in giving all of our guests a memorable stay. We hope to welcome you back during your next visit!

Out And About
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Spent two weeks and found the stay more than pleasant. The breakfasts can get repetitive but the food was fresh, with a good selection of fruits, drinks, and cereals.
The evening snack was the same - fresh, well presented and tasty after a long day.

Will stay again when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: No elevators - so second floor rooms have you dragging bags upstairs. Not bad in the summer but cou...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
AJudy, Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear FyreGuy54,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your recent experience! I'm happy you felt at home during your two week stay with us. I'm glad you were able to participate in the Social and meet some of your other neighbors in the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Staybridge Suites Herndon-Dulles during your next trip!

Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom, two bathroom suite. It was spacious, clean, and had a great kitchen. The front desk was very helpful and courteous. The breakfast had a good variety and the meals on some evenings were great for families! We drove into Washington DC to visit the monuments and museums. Not too far of a drive to get to the metro. Total travel time, about 25 minutes or so. The only thing I would suggest is to have pool hours extended. They close the pool at 9:00, which is a bit early for teenagers and adults who have gone into the city for the day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Holly H,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent experience! I'm happy that the team made you feel comfortable and at home during your stay with us. We will consider extending the pool hours next summer. We hope to welcome you back to the Staybridge Suites Herndon Dulles during your next visit!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here recently for two nights, We liked the suites very much -- everything You could ask for a two night stay. The room was spacious, clean and beds were comfortable. However, I have few things which We felt uncomfortable during the stay -- i) We had a tough time finding a parking space near our room since we arrived late at night, and since our room was between another building, had to carry all the bags for a longer distance. ii) The bathroom was small but was clean. iii) last but the most important -- When we came back to our room after visiting Washington on the second day, we found the room door was left wide open -- We are not sure how it happened & We do know that We locked it carefully before leaving out in the morning, but everything was OK -- nothing was touched -- so didn make a big deal out of it, just waiting for the hotel to get back to us to find out what happened.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Saju84,
Thank you for giving us feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm sorry for the inconvenience you experienced locating parking during your stay, the parking lot does get full when all of our rooms are rented. I sincerely apologize that your door was left unlocked after servicing your rooms, if you would like to contact me directly I encourage you to do that. We will have a safety meeting with our team letting them know the importance of our guest’s safety. Overall I'm happy your enjoyed your overall stay and suite. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Staybridge Suites Dulles? Share your experiences!