“Decent place for an extended stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
USA
“Decent place for an extended stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family and I (me, wife, 2 adult kids) stayed here recently for a week for a family reunion. Having lived in the area for 45 years, we pretty much knew what the area had to offer for extended stay hotels. We've stayed at all of them, but this time we chose Staybridge due to unavailability where we normally stay. We were presently surprised by what we got. We had a 2-BR unit on the ground level. It was clean, pleasant, and comfortable. The unit feels a little tighter than what we were used to, but it was fine. The breakfast was good. It was fresh, hot, clean, and offered plenty of choices. We didn't partake in the evening happy hour/appetizers they offer, but our room had a menu of what they offered. Free beer and wine, and one night they had lasagna, another night was burgers, and another night was nachos. Not bad.

Overall we were very pleased. I am platinum with Marriott, and am used to staying at very nice hotels. This one was not luxurious, but was very functional with comfortable beds and all that we needed to make our stay pleasant. I didn't give it 5 stars due to two things: we had ants in our kitchen, and our neighbors had a loud dog that barked all the time. The barking is not the hotel's fault, but it indicates to me that the walls are pretty thin. Also, we asked for a quiet part of the hotel, but they stuck us in a building where the "dog walk" is.....which meant we were in a building with pets.

All in all I would recommend this property for an extended stay hotel in the Herndon area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AJudy, Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear jafo777,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent experience with us!
I'm happy that you had the opportunity to stay with us and see what a Staybridge Suites has to offer our guests. I'm glad that your stay was comfortable and you were pleased with your room and breakfast offerings. I apologize we were not able to accommodate you in a more quiet area of the hotel due to the hotel being full during your stay. We do try our best to accommodate all requests. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Staybridge Suites Herndon Dulles during your next visit!

April J
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Madison Heights, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel was chosen because it offered shuttle service to and from Dulles Airport and because we were returning with our boys from a tour in Europe and wanted space to spread out. Also, we always favor a hotel with free breakfast and wifi. The only glitch was that we were checked in to a room that was already occupied, after we had walked quite a distance with our luggage from the hotel lobby to the unit. The units are quite spread out, on two floors with steps, and a bit difficult to find, and after finding an occupied unit with someone else's clothes and shoes, we had to walk back in scorching heat to the lobby. The mistake was quickly rectified, however, and we were sent to the correct unit with a complimentary item from the hotel minimarket. We thoroughly enjoyed having the extra bathroom and second bedroom after having shared a small cabin on a cruise ship for two weeks. There was a flat-screen TV in each bedroom and in the living room. Wifi was super fast, probably because this hotel obviously caters to business travelers.. There was an attractive swimming pool, and the breakfast was well above average with two self-service pancake grills and a wide variety of eggs, meats, cereals, yogurt, and fruit. I didn't use the kitchen except for the coffeemaker, which happened to be clogged with coffee grounds. It was the middle of the night, and I needed a coffee fix to fight headache from jet lag, so I wasn't happy about having to clean it, but I did. Also, the silverware tray contained no spoons. I reported the problems to the receptionist at check-out, and he actually made note of the issues to housekeeping right away. Other than these small inconveniences, everything was fine. I would recommend the hotel to anyone needing a night near Dulles Airport.

Room Tip: There are steps, so consider whether you want to drag luggage up the stairs if you are given a secon...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AJudy, Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear leesvillelake,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites Herndon-Dulles! We appreciate the time you took to tell us about your recent experience. I'm happy that the front desk team was able to quickly rectify their error and get you comfortably into a new room. We pride ourselves on providing a memorable experience for all of our guests. Thank you for letting the front desk know at check out about the minor issues in the room for our team to fix when you left. We hope to welcome you back to the Staybridge Suites during your next visit!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best places we have stayed at since we have been on vacation. We were plesantly surprised by the overall feeling of the place. It was like a little mini apartment. When we arrived it was very clean and very nice, the only small tiny thing is the house keeper left a towel on the floor of one of the closets but since we didnt use the closets we just kept the door shut so big deal. Also a sign on the bathroom sink said there would be housekepping service for clean towels and bed making but no housekeeper showed up, which was also ok. Breakfast was great, good variety too. Overall we would definitely stay here again. If all Stay bridge Suites are this nice everywhere, then we would definitely choose this first next time we travel anywhere.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Michelle K,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. We pride ourselves in creating a memorable experience for our guests. I hope we have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you back to the Staybridge Suites Herndon Dulles again!

Marysville, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'd never heard of the place but was pleasantly surprised. Rooms feel like a nice little apartment with walk in closet, kitchen, etc. TVs in bedroom and living room though I went for business and didn't have much time to relax.

Breakfast was pretty good. I had eggs and oatmeal. Several selections to pick from. Coffee/tea out the whole day in the lobby area.

No restaurant is on site so you can try to get the shuttle to take you. Not an easy or safe walk to really any eatery. Since the place as more of an 'apartment' feel than a 'get in and out' hotel, waiting at the front desk for someone was common for us. Nice enough staff, though.

Room Tip: The place is large and spread out and not well marked. If you need to try and find a room or meeting...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lisa H,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience at the Staybridge Suites Herndon-Dulles! We take pride in providing a clean, comfortable room as well as a selection of breakfast items for our guests. We hope to welcome you back during the week so you can take advantage of our evening social we provide complimentary on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. We provide a selection of food offerings and complimentary beer and wine. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

April J
Northwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in mid-may with my other half and her parents, so booked the two bedroom suite. Rooms were spotless, breakfast was good and the staff were friendly and courteous. Would stay here again.

Initially looked at staying in a suite hotel in DC, but the prices are stupid. Decided on this one by the airport because it was less than half the price of those in town. As we had a car, we simply drove to West Falls Church and jumped on the metro. Hotel to the Mall in about an hour. Once rooms, metro and car parking were factored in, we saved about $300 between us over those two nights. Also, very close to Dulles!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AJudy, Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear dolphinejames,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites Herndon Dulles and providing feedback about your recent stay! I'm so glad that spacious suite accommodated all of your needs. The team members take great pride in the hotel to ensure each guest has a comfortable stay. I will be sure to let them know that their efforts do not go unnoticed! We are looking forward to the new metro line that is scheduled to open at the end of 2013 to provide our guests with more transportation options while staying with us. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope we can welcome you back during your next trip to the U.S.!

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I just finished a 25 hour journey from Asia to the US travelling with pets. I was exhausted and very anxious for a hot shower and the chance to be horizontal (no flat bed seat on plane for me!). This is an EXCELLENT choice. I arrived to find people sitting in the restaurant area with beers and burgers and assumed this was some private party - but no, this was happy hour for the guests. Ok, I will be honest, this isn't a gourmet experience, but it's such a nice touch and it's all complimentary, so you can't fault them for not having a michelin star chef! A nice array of fresh cut veggies and dip for those of us who didn't find the warmed-up burgers appetizing and beer and wine - unltd refills!
Room was large and comfortable with a well appointed kitchen. Although staying one night, I wasn't in the mood to do any cooking, but there was a small stove, a microwave, large fridge, coffee maker with supplies and a toaster. Grounds were nicely maintained with dog poop bags supplied. And the staff were very friendly and helpful. Free wifi and free breakfast - it was good value for money. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends.

Dear Karen R,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent experience! I'm happy that the Staybridge Suites in Herndon-Dulles satisfied your needs while traveling and that you had the opportunity to partake in one of our Socials that run Tuesday through Thursday each week. It sounds as though you experienced our Grill night that takes place each Wednesday during the summer. We grill our hamburgers outside in our pavilion by the pool, which is also available to all of our guests. At times it can be challenging to keep the burgers fresh as our Socials can be very busy and other times our guests choose to dine out and the Social is not as busy. We take pride in our property and our staff goes above and beyond to make each guests stay memorable. I hope we are able to welcome you back on your next visit!

Chelsea, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This one is a gem and I would stay here again if ever going back to Washington D.C. We went in mid-May of this year and considering that most of the hotels in the D.C. area went from expensive to very expensive to please-sacrifice-your-first-born expensive, for the amount we paid we got .. a clean, comfortable mini-apartment with a kitchen, which was very quiet, access to a free shuttle that would take us to (and pick us up from) the Herndon-Monroe park and ride, from which we could pick up a commuter bus to the West Falls Church metro station and be able to get on the subway, a pretty good free breakfast every morning, a social-hour with food and free beer and wine that could easily stand in for dinner Tues-Thurs, a nice pool (though it wasn't open yet .. not till Memorial Day), desk staff that was great in helping with anything (including lending a basketball to shoot some hoops). Even the king size bed was firm, which is a big issue for me since lots of hotel beds are too mushy for my taste. For $119/night it was way better than the Comfort Inns we stayed at (which were around $100/night). I plan to stay in this hotel suite chains on future trips wherever possible. The shuttle was one of the best things because it allowed us to do day trips into Washington DC. I've stayed in DC before and it is 1) hard to drive in, 2) expensive to get a room, 3) hard to find parking and if you do you get gouged for your pains.

Room Tip: We had a suite above the desk, which we did hear noise from the lobby below, but it wasn't that...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AJudy, Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Michael C,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Staybridge Suites Herndon-Dulles! I'm so glad you found our newly renovated suites spacious, well equipped and welcoming. I will let the staff know the service they provided to you made a positive impact during your visit. The staff takes great pride in the property and ensuring a positive guest experience. Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) has a large range of brands including the Holiday Inn/Express, Crowne Plaza and Indigo that are sure to make any of your future visits memorable if a Staybridge Suites is not close by. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to D.C!

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott

Been to Staybridge Suites Dulles? Share your experiences!