“Clean, comfortable, spacious rooms. Breakfast terrible though.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Clean, comfortable, spacious rooms. Breakfast terrible though.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stay here year after year. The staff is always nice and the rooms are comfortable and clean. However, each day we stayed the breakfast was chaotic and most foods empty. Also, there seemed to be a lot of kids partying at the hotel. One guest even threatened my nephew as they were hanging the front of the hotel. This was the first year I didn't feel safe here.

Room Tip: Definitely get a two room suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AJudy, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear JGallagher28,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback, and I'll respond here to your comments about our hotel and services.

We are pleased to see that overall you had a good stay with us. We strive to have clean rooms and friendly employees, and are glad to see we are doing well in these areas.

We did notice your comments regarding the breakfast. We know how busy it was, as during this time we have many families staying with visiting the area during spring break. Unfortunately, we cannot control when folks will come to breakfast, but we do our best to clean up and restock as quickly as we can. We realize we fell behind at times, but we work hard to ensure that everyone has breakfast each morning, in fact we even kept breakfast open a little longer to ensure everyone was taken care of each day.

We also noted your comments regarding "kids partying at the hotel", and are unaware of any issues with guests at this time. I'm sorry if you didn't feel comfortable during your stay. We agree there were many children and families here during spring break, and at times the Guest House would get very crowded. If you feel this item needs additional review, please give us a call at 703-713-6800 and ask for the manager on duty.

Thank you again for staying with us, we appreciate your return visit! We hope to have you stay at Staybridge Suites Herndon/Dulles again on your next trip to our neighborhood.

Chris Z.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Wirtz, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is well maintained & feels more like an apartment complex than hotel. The staff is courteous & helpful. Our suite, 2 bedroom was large and well equipped. Complimentary breakfast is included everyday & an evening social during the work week. Complimentary shuttle is available to the airport, Air & Space Museum & bus transport to the Metro . We were so pleased with the price will consider another visit when going to DC. Only draw is that there are no close restaurant within walking distance, but the Clock Tower shopping center is minutes away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
AJudy, Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Kay S,

Thank you for taking the time provide us with great feedback! We were happy to welcome you and your family and I'm pleased the staff made you feel at home during your stay. Our staff takes pride in the property and I'm glad it is has made a positive impact on the guest expereince. I will be sure to tell them their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites Herndon Dulles! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Operations Manager
703-713-6800
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a very well maintained hotel, with very good and courteous staff. The rooms are very very large with all facilities expected. It is around a 40 min drive to DC and is priced reasonably, especially compared to the prices in DC itself. The only problem was there are no restaurants in walking distance, so you need to drive for food.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
AJudy, Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Hari S,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to give us your feedback!
I'm happy that you found our newly renovated rooms large and accommodating during your stay and that our staff had a genuine caring attitude to make you feel at home.
I hope you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle within a 5 mile radius that gives you easy access to local restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Staybridge Suites Herndon Dulles the next time you are in the area!

Operations Manager
703-713-6800
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The photos online of this place doesn't do it justice. It was a really great place and the rooms are excellent! They are really nice and comfortable. It has everything you might need. Complimentary breakfast and the evening social is great! Complimentary shuttle was really a big convenience

All of the staff are really warm and very accommodating and really gives you a sense of home. It was overall a really great experience that I really enjoyed. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit and would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bluelilac20,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback!

I will be sure to relay to the staff that their welcoming smiles and genuine passion to make our guests feel at home does not go unnoticed! We love seeing our guests at our weekly social to welcome them to the Staybridge Suites family during their travels.

I'm happy that you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable and well equipped for all of your needs during your stay. We will be sure to update our photos very soon and include our new shuttle van in the photos!

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites Herndon Dulles. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

My family and I have become fans of Staybridge Suites. This one is no different. We got a 2 bdrm suite for a very reasonable price. In fact, it was so reasonable, that we extended our stay! The facility is super clean, the breakfast was very ample, and the evening social (free food) was quite nice... With free beer!!!!! The worst part about this one is that its like apartments, there arent common hallways (if its cold or hot outside). Back to the praises: The staff are awesome: props to April, Alex, and Myron who made our stay great. Would stay here again!!

• Stayed November 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I want to start out by saying the guest service by Myron, Evan and April were incredible. My father passed away suddenly during my 20 day stay and I immediately needed notorized forms signed (at a late weekday hour) or two witnesses to my signiature with their drivers licenses and personal information to be filled out on an additional form. Myron and April did not personally know me, but didn't hesitate to help me. Their actions were VERY kind and went WAY beyond even the best guest service. Let me add too, that Evan assisted me in finding delayed corporate packages. Their actions were the epitomy of excellent guest service. I travel nationally about 200 nights a year and their service is about the best I have seen in years. The only negative thing I can say is not everyone in their staff shows the same good service. Especially the weekend staff (except Myron) that was too busy to help guests (I witnessed this) when they were on personal phone calls or in the back office talking about what they saw on the Internet. I wish I got their names but their service was purposefully poor and their attentiveness to guests bordered upon laughable (I'm sure the hotel management knows the names of these people). However, the actions of these few shouldn't reflect the overall great ratings for room size, cleanliness, guest service at breakfast and dinner snacks and hotel atmosphere. Compared to other Staybridge Suites, Homewood Suites and Embassy Suites (extended stay facilities), I give this hotel a BIG thumbs up.

• Stayed November 2012
Zurrieq, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

It was great experience staying for a week in Staybridge Suites Dulles. It started immediately fine with the pick up at the airport, pick up in time exact after the flight. Then we were welcomed at the reception. The room was excellent and felt immediately like home with the welcoming sitting area and kitchenette. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. Both bedrooms were great with a big tv and an ensuite bathroom. All the suite was very clean. The suite welcomed us with a very nice smell. It was great to return at the suite after a long day. I cannot forget the very good breakfast every morning, and also the very good cookies they made in the evening. Keep it up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites Dulles? Share your experiences!