“Great Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The photos online of this place doesn't do it justice. It was a really great place and the rooms are excellent! They are really nice and comfortable. It has everything you might need. Complimentary breakfast and the evening social is great! Complimentary shuttle was really a big convenience

All of the staff are really warm and very accommodating and really gives you a sense of home. It was overall a really great experience that I really enjoyed. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit and would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AJudy, Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Bluelilac20,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback!

I will be sure to relay to the staff that their welcoming smiles and genuine passion to make our guests feel at home does not go unnoticed! We love seeing our guests at our weekly social to welcome them to the Staybridge Suites family during their travels.

I'm happy that you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable and well equipped for all of your needs during your stay. We will be sure to update our photos very soon and include our new shuttle van in the photos!

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites Herndon Dulles. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Kind Regards,
AprilJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My family and I have become fans of Staybridge Suites. This one is no different. We got a 2 bdrm suite for a very reasonable price. In fact, it was so reasonable, that we extended our stay! The facility is super clean, the breakfast was very ample, and the evening social (free food) was quite nice... With free beer!!!!! The worst part about this one is that its like apartments, there arent common hallways (if its cold or hot outside). Back to the praises: The staff are awesome: props to April, Alex, and Myron who made our stay great. Would stay here again!!

• Stayed November 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I want to start out by saying the guest service by Myron, Evan and April were incredible. My father passed away suddenly during my 20 day stay and I immediately needed notorized forms signed (at a late weekday hour) or two witnesses to my signiature with their drivers licenses and personal information to be filled out on an additional form. Myron and April did not personally know me, but didn't hesitate to help me. Their actions were VERY kind and went WAY beyond even the best guest service. Let me add too, that Evan assisted me in finding delayed corporate packages. Their actions were the epitomy of excellent guest service. I travel nationally about 200 nights a year and their service is about the best I have seen in years. The only negative thing I can say is not everyone in their staff shows the same good service. Especially the weekend staff (except Myron) that was too busy to help guests (I witnessed this) when they were on personal phone calls or in the back office talking about what they saw on the Internet. I wish I got their names but their service was purposefully poor and their attentiveness to guests bordered upon laughable (I'm sure the hotel management knows the names of these people). However, the actions of these few shouldn't reflect the overall great ratings for room size, cleanliness, guest service at breakfast and dinner snacks and hotel atmosphere. Compared to other Staybridge Suites, Homewood Suites and Embassy Suites (extended stay facilities), I give this hotel a BIG thumbs up.

• Stayed November 2012
Zurrieq, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

It was great experience staying for a week in Staybridge Suites Dulles. It started immediately fine with the pick up at the airport, pick up in time exact after the flight. Then we were welcomed at the reception. The room was excellent and felt immediately like home with the welcoming sitting area and kitchenette. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. Both bedrooms were great with a big tv and an ensuite bathroom. All the suite was very clean. The suite welcomed us with a very nice smell. It was great to return at the suite after a long day. I cannot forget the very good breakfast every morning, and also the very good cookies they made in the evening. Keep it up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was an extended stay hotel that offered the best price for a two bedroom suite for the weekend. Everything looked new and the beds were very comfortable. The place was clean, quiet and the free breakfast was above expectations. Scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, etc. The coffee was excellent and we have made this our new place to stay when we are in the Dulles Area.

Room Tip: Three of my family rented a two bedroom suite and each bedroom has it's own bath. Usually we ha...
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

All the staff were excellent in every way. They gave us a free dinner upon check-in and also a free hot breakfast in the morning. They also offered a free shuttle over to Dulles airport and or the Air & Space Museum by the airport. The room was first class with no faults that we could see. Definitely will stay there again on next time through the area. After reading some of the other reviews it is very suprising to us that they sound somewhat negative. Perhaps these were valid issues that have been corrected. ?? Our stay was very recent 10/2012. A++++ experience!!

New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

When I made my online reservation, I requested a specific room #. Tonight, during check in, I was given a different room with no explanation. After I asked, I was told the room was unavailable. I feel that should have been disclosed with the confirmation email I received when I was charged for the room. We were also given the wrong directions for the room so we were kinda walking around the grounds with no real assistance. So, by the time we discovered the actual room was located on the 2nd floor, we had to climb upstairs with ALL of our bags...All of a sudden, the SPRINKLERS came on directly in our path. I immediately went back to the front desk/lobby. A different person came out this time. I told him about the sprinklers. He asked if they were directly in our path after I already told him they were. He said there was nothing he could do & advised that we walk around the entire complex. He never bothered to ask what room I was in, nor did he evn ask my name. He did not make any eye contact with me as if I was bothering him. I asked for a Mgr, none available he stated. He said I could come to the fr desk tomm at 8am to speak with "someone." So, I am supposed to take time from my vacation to seek out "someone." I asked for a name, then he handed me a business card for the operations manager named April. I found his demeanor to be rude, aloof, incompetent. When I am back in the area, I'll be choosing a different hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Dulles? Share your experiences!