“Feels like home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Zurrieq, Malta
“Feels like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

It was great experience staying for a week in Staybridge Suites Dulles. It started immediately fine with the pick up at the airport, pick up in time exact after the flight. Then we were welcomed at the reception. The room was excellent and felt immediately like home with the welcoming sitting area and kitchenette. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. Both bedrooms were great with a big tv and an ensuite bathroom. All the suite was very clean. The suite welcomed us with a very nice smell. It was great to return at the suite after a long day. I cannot forget the very good breakfast every morning, and also the very good cookies they made in the evening. Keep it up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was an extended stay hotel that offered the best price for a two bedroom suite for the weekend. Everything looked new and the beds were very comfortable. The place was clean, quiet and the free breakfast was above expectations. Scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, etc. The coffee was excellent and we have made this our new place to stay when we are in the Dulles Area.

Room Tip: Three of my family rented a two bedroom suite and each bedroom has it's own bath. Usually we ha...
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

All the staff were excellent in every way. They gave us a free dinner upon check-in and also a free hot breakfast in the morning. They also offered a free shuttle over to Dulles airport and or the Air & Space Museum by the airport. The room was first class with no faults that we could see. Definitely will stay there again on next time through the area. After reading some of the other reviews it is very suprising to us that they sound somewhat negative. Perhaps these were valid issues that have been corrected. ?? Our stay was very recent 10/2012. A++++ experience!!

New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

When I made my online reservation, I requested a specific room #. Tonight, during check in, I was given a different room with no explanation. After I asked, I was told the room was unavailable. I feel that should have been disclosed with the confirmation email I received when I was charged for the room. We were also given the wrong directions for the room so we were kinda walking around the grounds with no real assistance. So, by the time we discovered the actual room was located on the 2nd floor, we had to climb upstairs with ALL of our bags...All of a sudden, the SPRINKLERS came on directly in our path. I immediately went back to the front desk/lobby. A different person came out this time. I told him about the sprinklers. He asked if they were directly in our path after I already told him they were. He said there was nothing he could do & advised that we walk around the entire complex. He never bothered to ask what room I was in, nor did he evn ask my name. He did not make any eye contact with me as if I was bothering him. I asked for a Mgr, none available he stated. He said I could come to the fr desk tomm at 8am to speak with "someone." So, I am supposed to take time from my vacation to seek out "someone." I asked for a name, then he handed me a business card for the operations manager named April. I found his demeanor to be rude, aloof, incompetent. When I am back in the area, I'll be choosing a different hotel.

Metro DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel is nice and tucked away from the hubbub of NoVa. Despite it's proximity to the Dulles Airport, we didn't hear much air traffic. Because it's a series of small garden-apartment style buildings, there was not a lot of noise, although the walls weren't very thick and we could hear a lot of noise in our neighbor's room. My biggest complaint was the staff. We called the desk a couple of times Saturday to find out when the WiFi would be fixed and got very curt & rude responses. When we went to check out, I waited at the front desk for 5 minutes. Ultimately I left the keys on the counter and walked out. The staff alone would keep me from recommending this hotel. Also, please don't be fooled by their "hot breakfast". It's a regular motel continental breakfast with some microwaved eggs & bacon that look like they may have come from animals at some point along the way.

Room Tip: Ask to be closest to the main building so that you don't have to walk far for breakfast every mo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear meredithand,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for your staying with us. We are delighted that our location was the perfect fit for all of your needs. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the breakfast and hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Zelyn N
Salisbury, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Well the construction was not finished by September 1st. They were up working early Sunday AM. Took up lots of parking places around the entire hotel with construction materials. Overall perception was that the owners are trying to provide as little in the way of amenities as possible. Staff originally checked me into a room that was already occupied. Room and bed were comfortable. Said that all two bedroom suites were on the second floor - just something to be aware of.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear LKN4SUN,

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry you were bothered by the construction. We tried to keep the impact to guests as minimal as possible.

I hope you can come stay with us and see the finish product. Its well worth the wait.

Katie J
jacksonville,florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Hotel was very nice and clean I wish they would of told me that they were remodeling the outside when I booked the room or given me a little discount for the noise.. pool wish it was open from early morning but it dosent open til 1:30pm ..I rather have 2 queen beds in each room instead of one queen bed in each room... also the stove was horrible took me forever to cook it has 2 small electric burners that are sensitive to heat so when they get hot they turn off so you have to stand near the stove and take pots off and on the stove and it has no oven..the investors must of come in and thought this would be a good idea but it was not...I used to like it when they had a regular big stove with 4 burners and a oven this place did not have a oven but it did have a microwave which I dont ever use. they give you free newspaper which is nice... no maid service on week-ends wish the hot meals were monday thru friday,, all and all it was a nice place..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear mynona,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. I'm truly pleased you liked our clean hotel and free newspaper. However, I apologize the condition of the stove, pool services and housekeeping services received fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Been to Staybridge Suites Dulles? Share your experiences!