“Beautiful hotel, but no hot water” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Extended Stay
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Beautiful hotel, but no hot water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My two daughters (ages 16 and 5) and I stayed here overnight during a recent trip to DC. This was our first stay at Hyatt Dulles, and I was quite impressed with the overall quality of the hotel. The lobby area was beautiful, and the staff was pleasant. Check-in was a breeze! The room was spacious and the bed was quite comfortable. I had promised my five-year-old I would take her to the pool, which was a wonderful experience. The pool temperature and air temperature were both comfortably warm. The presence of the lifeguard provided an extra measure of security. Breakfast was wonderful! There was plenty of variety for every taste. My fresh-cooked omelet was delicious. Also, I'm picky about my coffee, preferring a bold, dark roast, and I found the coffee to be brewed to perfection. I would easily give the Hyatt Dulles 5 stars; however, I must give 4 stars because the water in our bathroom never got hot. It is terrible to be in such a lovely hotel and be forced to take a cold shower. Honestly, the water in the pool was warmer than the water in the shower. Upon checkout, I mentioned the lack of hot water to the clerk. She was quite nice about it, but told me that other guests had also complained that morning about the lack of hot water. She said that the hot water tanks had been checked and everything was working properly, but most likely too many people were taking a shower at the same time. She advised that if I had waited another 30 minutes, I probably would have had hot water. Well, I could not wait another 30 minutes because I needed to leave for an appointment. Additionally, my teenaged daughter had taken a shower while I was at the pool with my five-year-old, and the shower was cold then, too. By the time I got my shower, it had been well over 30 minutes, but the water was still cold. Based on her comments, it would appear that the hotel needs to increase it's hot water tanks, or this problem will continue to occur. Overall, I was happy with our stay, and I would recommend Hyall Dulles to a friend, but I would also warn about the possibility of having to take a cold shower!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Turkish first
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Traveling often means staying in a range of accommodations. What distinguishes some from others are things such as price, comfort, room size, access, associated services, location, and individual preferences. What we care about are cleanliness and service. Not just in the lobby and at the front desk, but throughout the hotel for the entire stay. This Hyatt has this down in spades. From the greeter at the curb offering to help to the cleaning and service staff making every interaction feel special this hotel makes us want to return. Yes, it is pricey, but worth it when the staff is dedicated to making you welcome and comfortable. We have stayed there in the past and can confidently state that this level of service is the norm. We will return.

Room Tip: Rooms have been upgraded and now have a small refrigerator, fortunately not stocked with overpriced...
Green Features: The room supplies are environment friendly and they encourage - but not require - multiple use of towels when appropriate.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Paul K, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review of our property, thank you very much. Top notch customer service is what all of our associates strive to delivery, and we are delighted you could experience that during your recent stay. We hope that you will return to our Hotel during your future travels to the Dulles area.
HARRAH, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Highly disappointed that when I stayed at the Hyatt Dulles with the People to People Conference that there were different rates for different reservations made by parents. We all stayed the same week and my room was approximately $50 a night higher than 2 other parents that I spoke with.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Thank god the bar stays open late and serves food late! I got stuck in IAD late and checked into another hotel to find the bar was closing at 11 and they stopped serving food at 11 so I ran over to the Hyatt and found great food and drinks. Nice looking lobby that I'm sure carries into the rooms.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Glacier National Park, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Hyatt Dulles is a great hotel. I stayed here for a night on my way through Dulles on my way home from an international assignment. The bed was super comfortable, the hotel had plenty of amenities, and the staff was amazingly helpful.

I would stay here again if I have to pass through Dulles again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bethel, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Traveled to DC for the Cherry Blossom festival and picked to stay at the Hyatt because the price was reasonable. It was very nice and clean, didn't have any problems at all. The atmosphere was nice and the staff was friendly. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Morgantown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

In my view, this hotel does things better than Hilton or Marriott.. First, the Wi-Fi is FREE....the others charge for it. Second, they have the easiest check-in service in the business. Try it out. They have both the WSJ and the Washington Post/complimentary. We felt pampered...period.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Been to Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!