“What a Great Place to Stay! Treated Like Royalty!!” 5 of 5 stars

Extended Stay
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ottawa, Canada
“What a Great Place to Stay! Treated Like Royalty!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I meant to write this review a while ago, but here it is now.
This is the second time we have stayed here, and the second great review for this hotel.
If you are coming to DC area, and looking for quality, value and service, I would highly recommend this hotel!
Here's some of the key points that will bring us back again:

1. Beds. Super comfortable, very relaxing, we got a great night's sleep.
2. Service. Incredible service all around, front desk staff, restaurant staff, a special shout out to the director of sales and marketing, who took the time to personalize our stay, spoiled us rotten, and did all the little things that made staying here so very pleasurable (thank you Ms. Walent).
3. Location. If you're travelling thru Dulles and need to overnight, this is place to stay. I had a business meeting downtown, but with the Airport expressway into the core, travel is easy to all of the Virginia and DC attractions and events.
4. Convenience. Free parking is a plus, easy access to highways, in an uncontested area.
5. Value. We got a great deal on our room, booked straight on the Hyatt website, and added breakfast to our stay (highly recommended).
6. Room. Our room was spacious, comfortable, clean, modern, yes, perfect. Included we got allergy free beds and a feeling like we were home away from home. Wonderful.
7. Quality. 4 Star Quality for 3 Star Price.
8. Overall Excellence. Hotel staff reached out to make us feel special, we got great service, a wonderful spacious clean, relaxing room, we got extra value with free parking and the breakfast added on to our stay. Really can't say enough about how well we were treated and how relaxing our stay was after a long day's travel on the road.
9. We'll be back again because we had the very best of everything at a great price.
10. Thank you very much Hyatt Dulles and staff!

Reaching a high level of customer service and quality accommodation is not easy, so I must recommend Hyatt Dulles for attaining that and making our stay special.

Room Tip: Perhaps an upper room with a view.
Green Features: in this era of environmental awareness it is comforting to know that this Hotel is making that a priority. Kudos to Delta Hyatt.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
It was such a pleasure to have you and your mother come back and stay with us again! Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review on our hotel and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to you returning next year!!

Melanie Walent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Turkish first
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Hyatt Dulles has been my Home Away From Home during recent business trips to the Washington DC area. The hotel is very modern and up-to-date. The staff is incredibly helpful (I must mention Jimmy, who went out of his way to help me). The exercise room is top notch and I enjoy the pool as well, although it can be a bit on the small side if there are a number of field trip busloads staying here.

It is also reasonably priced. I love it.

Room Tip: If you have a choice, stay on the west side of the hotel -- you get a great vista including the airp...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We were so happy to read your recent TripAdvisor review on our hotel. Thank you for leaving the review and we value the great feedback you provided. I will personally thank Jimmy for providing such great service at our Front Desk. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Northern Virginia!

Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel is in a very convenient location and overall a very nice stay. The Dulles airport shuttle only runs every 30 minutes (top and bottom of every hour). If you miss one (even by 2 minutes), calling does not help, you must wait for the next one or pay for a cab. This was frustrating at 11PM. The check-in/check-out kiosks were a welcome sight as my shuttle had 20+ passengers waiting to check-in. My check-in process using the kiosk was less than 2 minutes. Stayed in an executive king room which was nicely appointed and everything was in working order. The hotel does not offer free wi-fi in the rooms. I was told I could access free wi-fi in lobby, but really, who wants to hang out in the lobby to work at 11PM. I rated the hotel a 4 due to the room/restaurant/coffee bar/service and staff. If I factored in the shuttle schedule and wi-fi charges, I would easily rate this a 3.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Washington, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family stayed here for one night, before our flight left for Europe. The customer service was great, from check in to where we park our car for 10 days, they helped with everything. With this hotel, you have the option to park your car inside a parking garage for free. That is one of the reasons I selected this hotel, the other was the closeness to the airport, as well as the rooms can have twin beds and a sleeper sofa. Because of that, I didn't have to reserve two rooms for my family. Their breakfast buffet was superb, with almost all types of breakfast items available. We will definitely stay here again on our next flight out of Dulles.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before we flew out to florida and were incredibly impressed with the customer service. We are hyatt members and have stayed in multiple hyatts and have never had as good customer service. Jimmy checked us in and he was not only professional but was incredibly friendly. We stayed here on July 4th and without us asking he gave a room that he though we would be able to see the fireworks from the nearby towns. We were able to see fireworks from 4 or 5 towns and it was wonderful. Would recommend this hotel highly.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
La Jolla, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I will start by saying I am something of a Marriott fan when it comes to business lodging that also appeal to families. Marriott Courtyard properties are usually well located, thoughtfully furnished and include amenities like breakfast buffets and pool areas that appeal to families on vacation. So what did I think of the Hyatt property located near Dulles Airport? Well, first of all, it's a fairly new business-oriented property that includes a meeting facility and robust catering facilities. It is well maintained and has a contemporary flair with mood lighting and interesting interior materials. The lobby bar area has an open feeling with a central fountain but the environment is almost too sedate to generate any excitement. The breakfast buffet included an omelette making station (one of my personal favorites). On the downside, the indoor pool is unusually small (five adult swimmers and three kids would pretty much max it out) and the property is located in a sterile business park that makes exploration of the surrounding area by foot pointless.

Room Tip: Upper floors get you farther away from the office park setting. The east-facing rooms bring in morn...
Green Features: I didn't see one sign about recycling activities.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lyndonville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Honestly, every modern hotel on the planet needs to include free wifi. It's more important than a phone or bible. $12.95 daily charge and the hassle of connecting through pay for service. Figure out the cost, up the price and include it for free already. What's next, coin operated toilets? This is such an easy fix I just don't understand why all hotels don't make the switch into the 21st century.

$50.00 for two salads and a waffle. 60.00 with tip.
I'm glad I didn't have to spend a week at this place.

The room was relatively clean. Dust in the corners and behind the night stand but okay. The rooms are huge. If you like big rooms, don't do anything online and don't eat, this might be the place for you. I'd prefer to boycott any hotel that doesn't include wifi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I will definitely pass along your thoughts and comments about our food and beverage pricing and the charge for internet. I did want to mention that we offer complimentary internet in our lobby, bar and restaurant. We also have a complimentary state-of-the-art business center that all our guests can utilize. I apologize if this was not communicated to you during your stay with us.

Melanie Walent

Been to Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!