“Easy for business travel” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #12 of 20 hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Louisville
“Easy for business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel is in a very convenient location and overall a very nice stay. The Dulles airport shuttle only runs every 30 minutes (top and bottom of every hour). If you miss one (even by 2 minutes), calling does not help, you must wait for the next one or pay for a cab. This was frustrating at 11PM. The check-in/check-out kiosks were a welcome sight as my shuttle had 20+ passengers waiting to check-in. My check-in process using the kiosk was less than 2 minutes. Stayed in an executive king room which was nicely appointed and everything was in working order. The hotel does not offer free wi-fi in the rooms. I was told I could access free wi-fi in lobby, but really, who wants to hang out in the lobby to work at 11PM. I rated the hotel a 4 due to the room/restaurant/coffee bar/service and staff. If I factored in the shuttle schedule and wi-fi charges, I would easily rate this a 3.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
Washington, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family stayed here for one night, before our flight left for Europe. The customer service was great, from check in to where we park our car for 10 days, they helped with everything. With this hotel, you have the option to park your car inside a parking garage for free. That is one of the reasons I selected this hotel, the other was the closeness to the airport, as well as the rooms can have twin beds and a sleeper sofa. Because of that, I didn't have to reserve two rooms for my family. Their breakfast buffet was superb, with almost all types of breakfast items available. We will definitely stay here again on our next flight out of Dulles.

maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before we flew out to florida and were incredibly impressed with the customer service. We are hyatt members and have stayed in multiple hyatts and have never had as good customer service. Jimmy checked us in and he was not only professional but was incredibly friendly. We stayed here on July 4th and without us asking he gave a room that he though we would be able to see the fireworks from the nearby towns. We were able to see fireworks from 4 or 5 towns and it was wonderful. Would recommend this hotel highly.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
La Jolla, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I will start by saying I am something of a Marriott fan when it comes to business lodging that also appeal to families. Marriott Courtyard properties are usually well located, thoughtfully furnished and include amenities like breakfast buffets and pool areas that appeal to families on vacation. So what did I think of the Hyatt property located near Dulles Airport? Well, first of all, it's a fairly new business-oriented property that includes a meeting facility and robust catering facilities. It is well maintained and has a contemporary flair with mood lighting and interesting interior materials. The lobby bar area has an open feeling with a central fountain but the environment is almost too sedate to generate any excitement. The breakfast buffet included an omelette making station (one of my personal favorites). On the downside, the indoor pool is unusually small (five adult swimmers and three kids would pretty much max it out) and the property is located in a sterile business park that makes exploration of the surrounding area by foot pointless.

Room Tip: Upper floors get you farther away from the office park setting. The east-facing rooms bring in morn...
Green Features: I didn't see one sign about recycling activities.
Lyndonville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Honestly, every modern hotel on the planet needs to include free wifi. It's more important than a phone or bible. $12.95 daily charge and the hassle of connecting through pay for service. Figure out the cost, up the price and include it for free already. What's next, coin operated toilets? This is such an easy fix I just don't understand why all hotels don't make the switch into the 21st century.

$50.00 for two salads and a waffle. 60.00 with tip.
I'm glad I didn't have to spend a week at this place.

The room was relatively clean. Dust in the corners and behind the night stand but okay. The rooms are huge. If you like big rooms, don't do anything online and don't eat, this might be the place for you. I'd prefer to boycott any hotel that doesn't include wifi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I will definitely pass along your thoughts and comments about our food and beverage pricing and the charge for internet. I did want to mention that we offer complimentary internet in our lobby, bar and restaurant. We also have a complimentary state-of-the-art business center that all our guests can utilize. I apologize if this was not communicated to you during your stay with us.

Best Regards,
Melanie Walent
wild wonderful wv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked this hotel just for one night prior to visiting some attractions in the DC area. We were really only there long enough to sleep. The room was clean and spacious and seemed modern, except for the bathrooms. No complaints on the bathroom, it was tiny with a toilet and shower -- an older set up where you have to shimmy in around the door/toilet then are able to close the door for privacy. The sink/vanity is outside the bathroom.

We found this hotel via some internet search engines for the Herndon, VA area. We booked this property based on the location, price, and that it was advertised as having "free breakfast". Very important to our family when traveling with kids, having free breakfast on site is a cost saver and convenient. Much to our surprise when we went down to the lobby, there was no free breakfast! There is a restaurant on site though. I did address this with the front desk and Hyatt corporate and received a quick response, so kudos to their customer service for handling a complaint quickly and satisfactorily.

We did see a pool and fitness facility but did not have time to use them. They looked very nice though.

We were first time visitors to DC. Just wanted to spend a Sunday walking around the "mall" area with the monuments and Smithsonian. From this hotel, it was a very easy drive right into DC (about 25 minutes). We had checked into parking and riding the metro in, but decided it was too costly for just one day. I'm glad we didn't, being a Sunday there didn't appear to be any parking enforcement on the streets surrounding the mall. We parked with hundreds of other cars for free on the street in a section that said "3 hr time limit" .... well, no one else was getting tickets or towed, nor did we see any parking authority persons, so we stayed beyond the three hours with no problem. We wished we would have packed a lunch in a cooler for the car. other than mcdonalds at the Smithsonian, and some snack food carts, there weren't any close choices for lunch.

Room Tip: walls on doorway are thin, ask for a room at end of hallway so you won't be disturbed by people...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel by chance. I was given a voucher by my airline as they had me miss a connection in Dulles. I don't know the actual rates of the hotel but the voucher was less than $100 and I got a great bedroom with nice sitting area. Everything was great (but for the absence of my suitcase). Several people mention paper-thin walls, but that did not strike me as a major concern. Nor do I find that the hotel is run down and in need of repair. And I certainly know plenty of hotels that do... Breakfast was not part of the package though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!