“Good airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Good airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Rooms are clean and very spacious. Service at front desk is good, though it annoys me that I always have to look for a bellhop if i stash my bag for the day. Breakfast buffet is much better than at value chains, even if its not fancy. Gym is new and clean but not huge. Room service food is only okay. Obviously very very convenient to the airport

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

1-night business stay.
Easy access. Friendly staff. Relaxing atrium. Delicious ahi tuna. Clean, fresh room. Like the layout out of king room. Initial room had a cold breeze blowing from window/wall. (After all it was 18 degrees) maintenance responded in minutes, couldn't solve problem, he personally checked on getting me in another room, returned with new room option across hall, which took all of 5 minutes. Nice to see empowered people serving well. Great AARP rate.

• Stayed January 2013
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for writing your recent review on Tripadvisor. I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize about the draft you experienced in your room, but I was happy to learn that our maintenance team took great care of you. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we hope to see you back at our hotel in the near future.

Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been here often for meetings with others flying in from around the country because it has very adequate meeting facilities and a pleasant environment for being as close as you can be to Dulles Airport. The rooms have always been pleasant with 2 large windows and a divider which separates the bed(room) from the living room area. Very nicely arranged. I've always felt comfortable here though there are other hotels not far which have nicer, wooded area. Its convenient to the airport, the higways, and other nearby restaurants. The only problem I had was with the electrical outlet this past time but that may have been due to the CGFI switch which stumped me. The food is also very good here. I rate everything as excellent here though there may be some other places where the staff are more attentive to your needs but it met all of mine for the numerous business trips I have here.

Room Tip: All are good. The north facing rooms probably have the better view as they look out towards the ai...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for recently taking the time to write a review on our Northern Virginia Airport Hotel. We appreciate you giving us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I'll make sure to have our maintenance department look into the electrical outlet and also pass along your comments regarding our staff. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in Northern Virginia.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have stayed here twice now. Both times I was very impressed. There is a free shuttle to the airport. There is also a free shuttle to a nearby shopping center with dining and cinemas. The rooms are all suites and are very spacious. The beds are comfortable. The food at the restaurant is very good. The lobby bar is a nice spot to go for happy hour and have a drink. The staff are all very friendly and helpful here. No complaints. I would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Let me start out by saying that I have had some very poor experiences at other Hyatts in the past. I try to avoid them whenever possible. However, due to a wedding we were attending at this hotel, we decided to give it a try. Upon checking in (early), the immediately gave us a room and delivered a requested pack and play. As an added touch, they gave us a full travel kit for infants, including baby shampoo, lotion and the like. If you've travelled with small children, you know how special this is. Truly a wonderful touch! Our room was very clean, very bright and highly spacious. They certainly caused me to rethink my tendency to avoid the Hyatt chain. If your travels bring you to the area, I highly recommend this hotel. As a note, the wedding was beautiful, and they did a wonderful job with it as well. I'm typically not a fan of hotel weddings but this property made it quite special!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Zeist
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

we recently stayed here with our family (3 kids). The rooms are all very large, so it's easy to add a roll-away bed. The room was clean and the staff at the reception and the restaurant were very friendly. We had a great stay

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was in Northern Virginia for a week long business trip. I initially booked all 5 nights of the trip at the Hyatt Dulles Airport. After my first night, I knew it was a poor choice. The T.V's are analog (all network channels came in incredibly fuzzy) and the rooms had peeling paint and wallpaper, and were generally poorly kept (read cleaned). Additionally, the sound proofing was shockingly bad. I could hear everything going on in the room above me, and it was almost as if the noise were amplified coming through the vents and ceiling. I cancelled the remaining 4 nights and re-booked at the nearby Hyatt Regency Reston. This property was further from my conference site, but by all accounts, significantly better situated and appointed. I'd like to point out that in all my years of travel for both business pleasure, I have never checked out of a hotel early. The management at Hyatt Dulles Airport didn't seem very concerned about my departure, and my main goal was to leave as quickly as possible.

Also of note, after checking into the nearby Hyatt Regency (2 miles away), I realized that the prices for identical items on the room service menu at the more expensive (per night standard room rate) Hyatt Regency were about $2 less, on average, than than at the Hyatt Dulles. Additionally, the service charge for room service at the Regency was 4% less than at the Hyatt Dulles ($15.00 for a Steak and Cheese sandwich at Hyatt Dulles along with a 22% service charge vice $13.00 for the same item at the Hyatt Regency along with an 18% service charge)

Two days after checking of out Hyatt Dulles, I realized that they had "Authorized" an additional $250 on my credit card. The manager on duty I spoke with attempted to explain it away by saying that they do that to make sure a guest "has enough money to pay for their room" but could not explain why it was for that specific amount. Initially she stated that they authorize $50 per day per guest for possible incidental expenses. When I asked why my card had been authorized $250 for a two night stay, she said that the people who run the cards at the end of the night "Pick an amount that seems reasonable". She was not able to explain the discrepancy between the policy she had previously stated and what was actually authorized on my card. Finally, she didn't seem to think that the fact that the charges had been "Authorized" as opposed to "Charged" was significant. Regardless of the status, two days later the $250 was still sitting on my Citi Bank card as pending. The manager of Hyatt Dulles agreed to contact my card company via fax and have the authorizations released. While she did contact the card company, and did get the majority of the authorizations released, she didn't get them all. I had to call again to have her call Citi Bank back, at which point she was able to fully rectify the issue.

My experience with Hyatt in Northern Virginia has permanently tainted my opinion of their brand and expectations they have of their staff enterprise wide.

Note: To be fair, the manager of the Hyatt Dulles that I dealt with (Kelly) was compliant, and apologetic (after the fact), but it was a case of too little too late. Had customer service and attentive staff been a priority, apologies would not have been necessary.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay at this hotel, I would request a room on the upper most floor (sound).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I was very disappointed to learn that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. I apologize about the accommodations you recieved and the noise you encountered during your stay. I understand from our Front Desk that we did try to work with you on property and assist in getting you accommodations better suited to your liking. The charge you saw on your credit card was not a charge but simply an authorization that was made for any incidental purchases you may have made during your stay with us. I apologize if our associates did not explain this correctly and I will follow-up with them to address all of the feedback you provided.

Best Regards,
Melanie Walent

Been to Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!