“Peaceful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 20 hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Peaceful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights and had a great room, very spacious and well decorated. Nice lounge area which is so nice I had a king size room. Gym was nice which I used. The only thing I did not like was the elevator, they take forever to arrive and are slow. Overall stay very good and I would stay again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

375 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Me and my husband was sent to Hyatt Dulles in July due to us being stranded at Washington Dulles Airport and we were not pleased. We had a horrible day waiting in long lines and dealing with the horrible customer service we recieved at the Airport. When we arrived at Hyatt Dulles we felt right at home. The agents were so helpful and so friendly me and my husband decided that our next trip to the East Coast that we would stay at Hyatt Dulles again. I saw old faces from our first stay I was excited. My husband and I upgraded our room once we arrived to check in to a "pure room" and it was a wonderful upgrade. The breakfast is a little costly but delicous. Our server Wilson was fantastic. He was very quick on his feet and from the looks of it, he's one of the best. Henry I believe was our server while we had lunch and he was fantastic. The agents at the front desk were wonderful as well. Greg was wonderful and helpful. Another sweet person to talk with was Kelly, she was helpful to me and my husband needs. Our stay was great from check in to check out and Meliah was so polite and always welcomed us with a warm smile. She was very helpful with giving us advise on best ways to travel and helped us find things to do in the area. Everyone at Hyatt Dulles is wonderful, I wish me and my husband could take more visits to the East Coast, but whenever we plan our future trips we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Pure suite me and my husband upgraded to was worth every penny. Washington Dulles Airport is not in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for writing such a glowing and thorough review of our Northern Virginia hotel. I was so delighted to read about your experience here at the Hyatt Dulles. It was also wonderful to hear about all the associates that made your stay exceptional. I will make sure to show each of them the feedback that you provided. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay with us.

Lexington Park, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

as stated in other reviews this hotel is in need of upgrades and or repairs. The first thing that i would like to say is that my wife and I have stayed at hundreds of hotels from the east to the west, and like everyone else are trying to save money so once again we did priceline. Did great Hyatt dulles accepted my offer on fifty dollars and I felt rewarded...Until the construction continued above our room after 9 pm, continued banging and beating on whatever. Called front desk and was twice put on hold, then busy then called zero and she finally answered. This front desk woman was rude, and offered breakfast buffet in the morning to offset our dissatisfaction which would be a $ 40 dollar value. I accepted and the buffet was totally marginal allthough our server was great and tipped him very well. UNTIL TONIGHT WHILE CHECKING OUR BANK RECORDS AND FOUND $ 39.65 WAS REMOVED FROM OUR CHECKING ACCOUNT. CALLED HYATT DULLES AND THEY SHOWED NO RECORD OF FUNDS BEING REMOVED. HAVE CALL INTO SOME MANAGER AND AWAITING HIS RETURN CALL.. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE FORTY DOLLARS BUT A BUSINESS RUN LIKE THIS IS ON THAT I WILL NEVER RETURN TO...

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I was very disappointed to learn that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. Please be assured that your experience here at Hyatt Dulles had nothing to do with you booking the room on Priceline. I apologize about the noise you encountered during your stay on Friday night. We had an emergency repair that we had to make on Friday evening that was caused by Hurricane Sandy. There is no exception for any of our associates to be rude to our guests and I will follow up with our Front Desk team to address that feedback. Our Rooms Executive, Greg Hischuck, will be following up with you personally about your stay and the money that was charged to your credit card.

Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

First impression on this Hyatt was a typical US Hyatt Regency hotel. Elegant entrance, good check in service, and nothing to impress when we got to the room. It was just a typical business hotel room for a fair price. We got an attractive price for less than $100 a night, so the the amount we paid, we were happy with this Hyatt. Only negatives were poor sound isolation and the reservation staff did not pay attention to the comment we left on the reservation. Overall, the staff were awesome; very attentive. We would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spend way too many nights away from home, thankfully the Hyatt Dulles takes good care of me. All the staff, Registration, Housekeeping, Restaurant and Bar are very pleasant and go out of their way to make you feel at home. All the rooms are Jr Suites with nice layouts. Best meal at the restaurant is breakfast. The bar has some good appetizers that you can make dinners of. The rooms are starting to show their age. They have redone 2 floors and they're very nice.

Room Tip: Get. Room on the airport side and you can watch them land and take off.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experiences of our Northern Virginia hotel on TripAdivsor. It sounds like you spend a lot of time on the road traveling. Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you are in the Herndon/ Dulles area. We appreciate your patronage and I will make sure to pass along your comments to all our associates. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Englewood, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Upon entering the lobby and arriving at your room, you immediately recognize this hotel as an acquisition with little money spent on the decor and corridors of the hotel. The rooms are dated, and the bathrooms not that nice with older shower curtains. The furnishings reflect a design from the past, but the there is plenty of space based upon the old AmeriSuites design. There are several other similar and newer hotels near Dulles, but it all depends on what you're willing to spend for the Washington, DC market. I had the opportunity to stay near Dupont Circle at the same brand with an equal rate, but the parking fee of $45 per day is steep!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the courtyard for less noise from the freeway and airplane take off and landin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stay here when in the greater Herndon/Reston area on business, and need to stay close to Dulles. Nice property, with a highly trained service staff. The restaurant (Elements) is really good, but can be pricey. I highly recommend the boneless beef ribs over grits - a signature dish, and like nothing I've had before. For corporate events, the place excels - breakfast, lunch and dinner menu's via the catering dept are very good. Not at all like other properties where they assume they have you trapped at the facility, and can get-away with mediocre meals during your conference. This place consistently prepared lovely meals for every palate, especially the lunch buffet. For a business meeting or group, this is the place to have it when around Dulles Airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!