“Typical US Hyatt; good service but aged infrastructure.....” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Princeton, New Jersey
“Typical US Hyatt; good service but aged infrastructure.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

First impression on this Hyatt was a typical US Hyatt Regency hotel. Elegant entrance, good check in service, and nothing to impress when we got to the room. It was just a typical business hotel room for a fair price. We got an attractive price for less than $100 a night, so the the amount we paid, we were happy with this Hyatt. Only negatives were poor sound isolation and the reservation staff did not pay attention to the comment we left on the reservation. Overall, the staff were awesome; very attentive. We would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Turkish first
Hampton, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spend way too many nights away from home, thankfully the Hyatt Dulles takes good care of me. All the staff, Registration, Housekeeping, Restaurant and Bar are very pleasant and go out of their way to make you feel at home. All the rooms are Jr Suites with nice layouts. Best meal at the restaurant is breakfast. The bar has some good appetizers that you can make dinners of. The rooms are starting to show their age. They have redone 2 floors and they're very nice.

Room Tip: Get. Room on the airport side and you can watch them land and take off.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experiences of our Northern Virginia hotel on TripAdivsor. It sounds like you spend a lot of time on the road traveling. Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you are in the Herndon/ Dulles area. We appreciate your patronage and I will make sure to pass along your comments to all our associates. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Englewood, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Upon entering the lobby and arriving at your room, you immediately recognize this hotel as an acquisition with little money spent on the decor and corridors of the hotel. The rooms are dated, and the bathrooms not that nice with older shower curtains. The furnishings reflect a design from the past, but the there is plenty of space based upon the old AmeriSuites design. There are several other similar and newer hotels near Dulles, but it all depends on what you're willing to spend for the Washington, DC market. I had the opportunity to stay near Dupont Circle at the same brand with an equal rate, but the parking fee of $45 per day is steep!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the courtyard for less noise from the freeway and airplane take off and landin...
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stay here when in the greater Herndon/Reston area on business, and need to stay close to Dulles. Nice property, with a highly trained service staff. The restaurant (Elements) is really good, but can be pricey. I highly recommend the boneless beef ribs over grits - a signature dish, and like nothing I've had before. For corporate events, the place excels - breakfast, lunch and dinner menu's via the catering dept are very good. Not at all like other properties where they assume they have you trapped at the facility, and can get-away with mediocre meals during your conference. This place consistently prepared lovely meals for every palate, especially the lunch buffet. For a business meeting or group, this is the place to have it when around Dulles Airport.

Tokyo, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Had a 14 hour layover in DC overnight and decided to get a hotel room and get a good night of sleep before a 14 hour flight to Tokyo. Phoned the Hyatt reservation number the day prior and said to expect me late as my flight didn't get in until midnight. Got to the hotel at about 1230 am, and I was informed my reservation was cancelled. I said that was certainly a mistake. The clerk pulled up the details of my cancellation and it had a comment that the customer will be checking in late so obviously someone just pressed the wrong button and cancelled it. No big deal I thought, but then the front desk said sorry, nothing we can do. ??? - My comment - Your reservation people screwed this up not me, you need to fix it. Hotel comment - Raising their voice to me - Its not our fault, central booking screwed it up, we are fully booked and can't do anything for you...Well about this time I started to get irrate and raised my voice too. Also asked to speak with a manager. Suddenly they found a room for me. The room itself was nice and comfortable but this is just the sort of customer service that seems to more and more common as I travel through the states. Its never anyone's fault, but the customer is always the one that suffers...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
I was very disheartened to read the review that you recently posted on TripAdvisor about your stay with us here at the Hyatt Dulles. I sincerely apologize for the inconvience that you experienced, especially after your long day of travel. I did research your reservation and found that an error was made on our part. When you were kind enough to call and let us know you would be arriving late, some how by mistake your reservation was canceled. There is no excuse for our mistake and I apologize that our Front Desk associate was not more considerate of your situation. We will be addressing this with our entire team. Again, I am sorry about the mistake, but we will make sure to use your feedback so this does not happen again.

Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The rating of 15/21. I have stayed here for business several times and I have no complaints. The staff was always friendly, the room was clean and plenty of space, the business rate was great and in room dining tasty . This is my only hotel choice while I'm in Herndon.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your continued patronage of Hyatt Dulles. We appreciate you staying with us when you are in the Northern Virginia area. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to write your kind review of our property. We always love to hear from our repeat guests. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Gaithersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I needed some "me time" and the hotel is not too far away from where I live. I also got a great price on Hotwire so I decided to try it out. I am extremely happy I did. The hotel was not super easy to find but no problem with GPS. It's extremely close to the airport because when the planes come and go they are super close. Great if you're catching a flight
Check in was a breeze! It took maybe 5 minutes. The girl asked me what type of room I wanted. Normally I don't take smoking rooms, even though I smoke, but since I was alone and not sure of the area, I decided to take a smoking room. It's in the bottom floor-not ideal but OK.
When I got in the room, you could hardly tell it is a smoking room. They have air purifiers in the hallway and in the room. The pool is on the 1st floor but it wasn't musty smelling like other hotels. The rooms are HUGE with a pullout sofa and armchair in one section and a king sized bed separated by a dresser that has the tv in it. The tv is a flat screen unlike the picture on their website. It had horrible reception but I watched it very little. The bed was really comfy and the bathroom was very clean. The sink is in the room separate from the shower- nice if you need to brush your teeth and someone is in the shower!!
Breakfast was ok. They have home fries, made to order omelets, EXTRA crispy bacon, sausage, waffles…it's $20 and not worth it at all. I'm sure there's a McD's somewhere close by.
All in all it was a very nice hotel and I would stay here in a heartbeat! Quiet (mostly) even though there were 3 weddings here this weekend. Also, I could hear the planes until about 11. After that they are grounded. The mouse wasn't super loud and unless you're a light sleeper you should be fine. If you're a light sleeper, don't sleek till 11! Also, the air purifier makes a nice white noise…

• Stayed October 2012
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing our Northern Virginia hotel for your quick getaway and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know about our property. You also left some great feedback that I will make sure to address with our team and get resolved. Please come back and visit us again.

Melanie

Been to Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!