“Pleased with this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Extended Stay
Ranked #11 of 20 hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Canada, Kentucky
“Pleased with this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have stayed in quite a few Hyatts, and this one seemed above average. The front desk staff were accomodating to our need for a quiet room, and picked one that we liked on the first try. The hallways smelled positively neutral, not stale or overly perfumed. The restaurant serves a good grilled chicken sandwich, with a bigger cucumber salad than the previous Hyatt at which I had one. The air conditioning in the hotel and the hotel ballroom was good. The bed was excellent, with lots of pillows, and the TV could be moved to see from the bed or the seating area.
One other thing I want to commend the hotel for was that the front desk staff, when prompted for a nearby Italian restaurant that would have a varied menu, were able to recommend the perfect place for us, and provided a photocopy of the driving directions there and back to the hotel. The recommendation was extremely appreciated by all in our dinner party.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

404 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Turkish first
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt for a dance weekend — joining hundreds of other dancers — so my experience won't exactly reflect everyone's at that hotel. The staff I encountered were friendly. And it was nice having a suite (I believe all the rooms are suites). Our king room had a big TV that would swivel 180 degrees from the bedroom area to the sitting-room area. And everything else was fine. The frustration was that we'd requested a double-bed room months ago, cause we weren't close friends so didn't plan to share a bed. When they gave us a king instead, my roommate-to-be obviously complained, so they nicely gave us free in-room Internet as a consolation. (So, keep that in mind: It's not free otherwise.) That helped, as I had some work to do and didn't want to traipse down to the lobby to do so (if free wifi is even available there? you might wish to ask). I slept on the pullout couch but, as might be expected, it's not a very comfortable bed. I should have left it just as a couch for sleeping. I heard the bed was quite nice! I'm sure that if you're not part of a huge crowd for an event at the Hyatt, you'd have no trouble getting the type of room you like, and then I think you'd enjoy the hotel very much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
East Norriton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Great value option but certainly felt more upscale than a value hotel. We stayed here when visiting the smithsonian at Dulles. Staff was extremely courteous and friendly. The rooms were very clean and spacious. We also had breakfast at the hotel which was also very good. The wait staff are really exceptionally attentive and pleasant. My 8 year old son asked if they had chocolate milk and though they did not, the waiter told us the chef made some for him with chocolate syrup. They clearly go above and beyond here and it shows. We'll be back and highly recommend it.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
I was happy to read your recent review posted on TripAdvisor and see that you enjoyed your stay at our Dulles Airport Hotel. I will definitely make sure to pass along all your great comments to our associates. I hope that you also enjoyed your visit to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum's Udvar-Hazy Center. We're lucky to have such a great museum within close proximity to the hotel. Please come back and visit us again.

Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel. We came back from a month in Europe and needed get our connection early the next morning to the west coast. Shuttle to hotel was extremely efficient. Check-in was easy and room service was quick. Since we had an early connection we had to get up very early (4am). In doing so, my son left a cherished stuffy behind. I called immediately from the airport and Adnan, the front desk person, did everything necessary for housekeeping to find the item. Upon my arrival in Seattle, I had a message from Maria Rocha, Assistant Executive Housekeeper, who had the stuffy and took all of my information to send it back to me. She was extremely responsive by following up with an email with a Fedex tracking number. She even was so kind as to not charge me for shipping. My son is very happy. I've left things at other hotels in the past and never have I experienced such professionalism and responsiveness. This is a great hotel! We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for your great review about our Northern Virginia Airport Hotel. I was delighted to learn about Adnan and Maria's exceptional service and how they assisted in getting the stuffed animal back to your son. I will make sure to pass along your kind words. Please be sure to visit us again when you are in town.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were stuck in D.C. when our flight was cancelled out of Dulles. I called the Hyatt at 9 pm and we were at the hotel and checked in within 1 hour. The room was very clean and sizable and at only $79, I was impressed. They brought up a crib for our 10 month only within 10 minutes and even gave us a box of bath amenities for him.

Great service, great price. Breakfast was delicious (although somewhat pricey).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I'm sorry you were visiting our Northern Virginia Airport Hotel because your flight was canceled, but I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for writing a great review about our hotel. Please come back and visit us if you find yourself back in Virginia again!

Clarksville, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Recently, the L2L conference was held at the Hyatt Dulles and it was an awesome experience all the way around. All of their conference rooms were extremely accommodating for all of the attendees of the conference. The receptions, lavish spread of food, wine, cocktails, snacks, beverages that were offered were incredible. Without a doubt, I was impressed by how the staff at the Hyatt executed all of these tasks with impeccable efficiency, quality, and utmost professionalism.

Everyone I encountered, working at the Hyatt, greets you with a warm smile, and genuinely attends to your needs. It makes all of the difference.

The rooms are tidy, comfortable, and spacious.

There was also complimentary shuttle service to the Reston Town Center and Dulles International Airport too.

I have really enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt Dulles.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We're excited to hear that you enjoyed your meeting in our Northern Virginia Conference Center!
Thank you for writing such kind words about your experience here with us at the Hyatt Dulles. I will make sure to pass along your review to our Executive Chef, Matthew Warschaw, as well as all of our associates here at the hotel. Please come back and visit us again.

braunwynn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We recently had a major power outage in the Washington DC area. The Hyatt Dulles could not have been better to the community. While the hotel is a really nice hotel...(nice comfortable rooms, great open public spaces, tasty breakfast buffet, excellent meeting space)....a major item which should not go unrecognized is that this hotel opened its doors to the greater DC community during this crisis. Not only did they offer a reduced fare but they also could not have been nicer to people at large.

Please note that we were without power for 4 + days and the temperature during this time never dipped below 100 degrees. Many people were desperate for a cool place to land and this Hyatt extended themselves to both booked guests and guests who came to lounge in their lobby.

My hat is off to them. We had a wonderful stay and could not have been happier. I will definitely recommend them as a place for visiting guests.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Braunwynn,

Thank you for the great review that you posted on TripAdvisor! We were glad to be able to keep our guests comfortable, as well as help out our local community during the storms we had in June. We will always be here to assist our local area in any way that we can.

Melanie Walent

Been to Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!