“A Wonderful Community Citizen” 5 of 5 stars

Extended Stay
Ranked #12 of 20 hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersBronze level
braunwynn
“A Wonderful Community Citizen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We recently had a major power outage in the Washington DC area. The Hyatt Dulles could not have been better to the community. While the hotel is a really nice hotel...(nice comfortable rooms, great open public spaces, tasty breakfast buffet, excellent meeting space)....a major item which should not go unrecognized is that this hotel opened its doors to the greater DC community during this crisis. Not only did they offer a reduced fare but they also could not have been nicer to people at large.

Please note that we were without power for 4 + days and the temperature during this time never dipped below 100 degrees. Many people were desperate for a cool place to land and this Hyatt extended themselves to both booked guests and guests who came to lounge in their lobby.

My hat is off to them. We had a wonderful stay and could not have been happier. I will definitely recommend them as a place for visiting guests.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Braunwynn,

Thank you for the great review that you posted on TripAdvisor! We were glad to be able to keep our guests comfortable, as well as help out our local community during the storms we had in June. We will always be here to assist our local area in any way that we can.

391 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had a wonderful stay here for 2 days while we were in DC returning from Florida. We had wonderful service and super comfortable accomodation here at the Hyatt Dulles.
These are the things that impressed us about this hotel.
1. Management gave us advance care after we asked for a special request, they responded quickly and professionalism and attentiveness.
2. We also received recommendations on local activities when I explained I was travelling with my 88 year old mother, which was very thoughtful.
3. We booked a few extras that included an airport view room, a larger room and got a couple of other nice treats such as free interent provided, a nice touch.
4. Something that is a value added feature is that many downtown and Washington area hotels charge extra to the bill for parking, whereas here it is free.
5. Rooms were a nice size, well furnished and very comfortable and modern, definitely 4 star quality.
6. For added value we purchased a breakfast with our accomodation, an excellent choice, and a varied buffet style menu, tasty too! I recommend this option.
7. I had work to do in DC while we were staying here, and the highway from the airport made for a quick easy commute, not crazy busy either.
8. One of the hidden gems of DC is the Udvar-Hazy Aviation Museum located at Dulles Airport, management suggested prior to our stay to visit it, and they had a great idea, absolutely the best aviation museum I have ever seen, in a word FANTASTIC.
9. There`s an amazing number of choices of places to stay in the DC area, I am sure that many if not most would do their very best to make their client`s stay a pleasant one. We got extra personal attention, pleasant and efficient front desk staff, very comfortable clean rooms of a superior quality, free parking and real service, a word you don`t hear of too often any more. Simply put we were very impressed.
10. And the most important thing of all when you are sleeping in a strange bed, an extremely comfortable bed and a great night`s sleep. Thank you very much to the staff and management at the Hyatt Dulles.

Service, Quality, Comfort, Price, Care and Attention, what more could you ask for?

Room Tip: I recommend buying the breakfast in advance and if you have AAA you know to use it to get a better p...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bleuemoon2,

Thank you for your glowing review about our hotel during your recent stay with us. We were so happy to see that we made you and your mother's stay so pleasant! It’s not often that we receive positive reviews such as yours, and we appreciate the thoroughness in which you gave your review. Please come back and visit us again.

Harvard, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is a great hotel to stay while on business travel and is less than 10 minutes from the airport. I stay here often for work and it's my favorite hotel in the immediate area. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff has always been friendly. The breakfast set up is great, with lots of options to choose from; the hotel restaurant is good too, but I also suggest venturing out to other restaurants in the area if you have time. I am always surprised when I see children at the hotel as it really is catering to the business traveler.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor away from the elevators. It's great to see the planes take off...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Skilroy,

Thank you so much for writing such a nice review about our hotel on TripAdvisor! We know you're busy, and we appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know about our property! We hope to see you back soon!

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is not a bad airport hotel, though I found it a little difficult to get to from the highway, though I suspect that may have been because I didn't try to get precise directions.

My organization recently had a small convention in this hotel. They have a fairly extensive meeting/ballroom complex off the lobby bar which my group did not even fill half of. The common spaces there were well appointed and the staff was super, super efficient and helpful. My one complaint was that there were weddings, with loud music, going on at night. I do not care to hear the boom boom boom of the base coming through the walls which otherwise seemed quite sturdy.

The room I stayed in was very large and styled a suite even though it was just a room with a counter jutting out dividing the sleeping area from the sitting area. There was a TV on the counter which rotated to face the bed or the sitting area. This struck me as cheap. My room was on the first floor, just by the gym/pool and the hall consequently smelled a little musty.

I would have no problem recommending this overwhelmingly white bread hotel.

Your 'just off the Dulles Toll Road' pal,

Davy

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Didn't know what to expect since this was an airport hotel, but it truly exceeded my expectation.. The 24 hr fitness center has a nice selection of machines, indoor pool is heated and the rooms are spacious.

Great value for $75/night. Comfortable bed, large LCD TV and clean facility. The hotel has both indoor and outdoor seating areas that you can comfortably lounge while waiting for guests or just hanging out. Few drawbacks include having to pay for wifi in the room and $20 for breakfast buffet. We had lunch there and the food wasn't that impressive either.

We were there for a wedding that took place at the conference
center. It was well organized and I can see it been an awesome location for hosting conferences/events. Again, food wasn't that impressive...

I'd definitely stay there again if I was ever in the area.

• Stayed June 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

It is as it claims, a business hotel right next to the airport. Not much more. Rooms are more spacious than a regular room which is nice. A negative is that it is right next to the airport and so there is nothing near the hotel except for office parks and more hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

I stay a lot in No Va so I have tried most of the hotels in the Reston - Dulles area. The Hyatt in Reston, this Hyatt and the Westin in Reston are the best. The Dulles Hyatt is very convenient to the airport and has great shuttle service but it is pretty remote from everything else and it is a little difficult to find even with gps. Once you are there it's a great experience. I was upgraded to a very nice suite on the 10 th floor, was there for three nights and was very comfortable. Bathroom was very good but a little dated, sink was outside shower/toilet which is convenient with two guests. Service was excellent. Gym is first class, one of the best hotel gyms I have seen in a while. Where this hotel really shines is the food. Normally I eat out on business dimners but for a combination of reasons I had three dinners at the hotel. The food was exceptional and my friends tell me that I am quite fussy. The crabcakes we Cheasapeake worthy, all steamed vegetables that I special ordered were perfect, roast chicken, soups all were first rate. Kitchen deserves kudos, most hotels could not pull this off. Did I mention the self parking is very easy with parking lot right in front of the building for easy access to your car. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear LongReach06830,

Thank you for the kind words you recently posted about your latest stay with us. It is always great to hear from guests that enjoyed our property. Our fitness center was just renovated a few months ago, so I was excited to see that you enjoyed our new workout facility. I have also passed along your glowing comments to our Executive Chef, Matthew Warschaw and his Culinary team.

Melanie Walent

Been to Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!