“Nice hotel, close to airport” 5 of 5 stars

Extended Stay
Ranked #12 of 20 hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Harvard, Massachusetts
“Nice hotel, close to airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is a great hotel to stay while on business travel and is less than 10 minutes from the airport. I stay here often for work and it's my favorite hotel in the immediate area. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff has always been friendly. The breakfast set up is great, with lots of options to choose from; the hotel restaurant is good too, but I also suggest venturing out to other restaurants in the area if you have time. I am always surprised when I see children at the hotel as it really is catering to the business traveler.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor away from the elevators. It's great to see the planes take off...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Skilroy,

Thank you so much for writing such a nice review about our hotel on TripAdvisor! We know you're busy, and we appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know about our property! We hope to see you back soon!

Melanie Walent

375 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is not a bad airport hotel, though I found it a little difficult to get to from the highway, though I suspect that may have been because I didn't try to get precise directions.

My organization recently had a small convention in this hotel. They have a fairly extensive meeting/ballroom complex off the lobby bar which my group did not even fill half of. The common spaces there were well appointed and the staff was super, super efficient and helpful. My one complaint was that there were weddings, with loud music, going on at night. I do not care to hear the boom boom boom of the base coming through the walls which otherwise seemed quite sturdy.

The room I stayed in was very large and styled a suite even though it was just a room with a counter jutting out dividing the sleeping area from the sitting area. There was a TV on the counter which rotated to face the bed or the sitting area. This struck me as cheap. My room was on the first floor, just by the gym/pool and the hall consequently smelled a little musty.

I would have no problem recommending this overwhelmingly white bread hotel.

Your 'just off the Dulles Toll Road' pal,

Davy

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Didn't know what to expect since this was an airport hotel, but it truly exceeded my expectation.. The 24 hr fitness center has a nice selection of machines, indoor pool is heated and the rooms are spacious.

Great value for $75/night. Comfortable bed, large LCD TV and clean facility. The hotel has both indoor and outdoor seating areas that you can comfortably lounge while waiting for guests or just hanging out. Few drawbacks include having to pay for wifi in the room and $20 for breakfast buffet. We had lunch there and the food wasn't that impressive either.

We were there for a wedding that took place at the conference
center. It was well organized and I can see it been an awesome location for hosting conferences/events. Again, food wasn't that impressive...

I'd definitely stay there again if I was ever in the area.

• Stayed June 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

It is as it claims, a business hotel right next to the airport. Not much more. Rooms are more spacious than a regular room which is nice. A negative is that it is right next to the airport and so there is nothing near the hotel except for office parks and more hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

I stay a lot in No Va so I have tried most of the hotels in the Reston - Dulles area. The Hyatt in Reston, this Hyatt and the Westin in Reston are the best. The Dulles Hyatt is very convenient to the airport and has great shuttle service but it is pretty remote from everything else and it is a little difficult to find even with gps. Once you are there it's a great experience. I was upgraded to a very nice suite on the 10 th floor, was there for three nights and was very comfortable. Bathroom was very good but a little dated, sink was outside shower/toilet which is convenient with two guests. Service was excellent. Gym is first class, one of the best hotel gyms I have seen in a while. Where this hotel really shines is the food. Normally I eat out on business dimners but for a combination of reasons I had three dinners at the hotel. The food was exceptional and my friends tell me that I am quite fussy. The crabcakes we Cheasapeake worthy, all steamed vegetables that I special ordered were perfect, roast chicken, soups all were first rate. Kitchen deserves kudos, most hotels could not pull this off. Did I mention the self parking is very easy with parking lot right in front of the building for easy access to your car. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear LongReach06830,

Thank you for the kind words you recently posted about your latest stay with us. It is always great to hear from guests that enjoyed our property. Our fitness center was just renovated a few months ago, so I was excited to see that you enjoyed our new workout facility. I have also passed along your glowing comments to our Executive Chef, Matthew Warschaw and his Culinary team.

Best Regards,
Melanie Walent
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Booked a 2 bed suite for 2 nights. It was basically one large room with 2 beds, sofa, chair, desk, and separate bathroom. Because it was basically one room there was no privacy that one would expect with a suite. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. Common areas of the hotel were nicely appointed and staff were helpful. I did not have to wait long for the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. However, the shuttle only runs from 5:30 am to 12:00 midnight. I had to get other transportation to the airport because I had to leave for the airport at 4:30 a.m. Our room rate included the breakfast buffet. The food was above average and the service was good. This hotel seems to be out of the main transportation route of DC area but very close to the Dulles airport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Spring, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This hotel is Filthy, We booked the reservation thinking this would be an upscale hotel as it was rated a 4 star.This is a 1 star at best. When we arrived they gave us key cards to the rooms and elevators. The hotel was overrun with children on tours. Once in the elevator children ran in and pushed the buttons, hmm where are your cards, they didn't have them or need them. The security is a joke in this hotel. The rooms are filthy and need to be cleaned and everything replaced. The walls were scuffed with black marks everywhere, the air conditioning vents were black and the curtains in front of them were black where the air hit them. The bathroom is disgusting and filthy. The beds so old they had lumps in them. I can't even begin to describe how bad this was. People were running up and down the halls screaming, having parties in different rooms until 3am. When we complained they took off the movie we watched but did nothing about the noise. We had the breakfast buffet 3 days in a row and it was good, until the last day when they took off everything for the tours and did not have anything left. I would choose another hotel in a different part of the city, one that does not cater to tours.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattDulles, Director of Sales at Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear Michele R.,

Thank you very much for the feedback that you provided on your recent stay with us. I was very disappointed to learn of all the different challenges you encountered while visiting our hotel. While we were very busy, you should not have experienced any of the cleanliness or noise items that you noted. I have addressed the issues in your review with all of our management here and we will use the feedback you provided to provide better service in the future.

Melanie Walent, Director of Sales

Been to Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!