“Comfortable, Clean, and Courteous Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Herndon

You added HYATT house Herndon to your Saves list
HYATT house Herndon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   467 Herndon Parkway, Herndon, VA 20170 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Herndon)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
“Comfortable, Clean, and Courteous Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Sunday night stay with the family in two bedroom suite on second floor overlooking the outside pool and basketball court. My suite had a comfortable living room and kitchen, nice size refrig with ice maker, cook-top, and microwave. A nice place to relax after a long car ride and before walking around nearby Reston Town Center which has numerous stores, restaurants, movie theater and a parking deck. Nice fitness room. The hotel is clean and the staff is courteous.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I'm staying here right now - and have stayed in the past. Generally, it's not a problem - but this time there's been a huge issue with, well, the smell.

There are a few Indian families staying long term on the fourth floor, and they apparently like to cook in. The cooking odor has permeated the halls, elevator, and even my room. Seriously - in the morning I come into work smelling like an Indian buffet.

I'm not sure what the management can do about this while remaining culturally sensitive, but anyone who's lived in an apartment in Northern VA knows about this issue. In fact, I've had to change newly-rented apartments in the past due to the permanent odor due to Indian cooking - nevermind hotel rooms.

Don't get me wrong. I love Indian food and love the people as well. I just don't want to reek like it when I arrive at a 9am meeting or go to sleep on a bed that smells like it. Too bad; otherwise the hotel is great.

• Stayed July 2014
Canton, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We booked a two bedroom suite and received a very good rate. However, between the 2 bedrooms the air conditioning unit is in the larger of the two rooms. IT is VERY LOUD. Asked to changed rooms and we did. Still same problem. The toilets are VERY LOUD and will wake you up every time if used in the middle of the night. The front desk staff doesn't let you know of the area things to do unless they are asked. We had inquired about parking at the metro station nearby only to be told not to do it as the staff members car was broken into then towed and it took 3 days for him to locate his car. No other suggestions were offered other than it's too far for their shuttle to take you. They have a very small pool with an unnecessary life guard, all he did was gawk at my daughters to the point it became so uncomfortable that we left the pool area. The whirlpool would have been nice however was not working for our entire stay. The breakfast bar had the same items every morning, basic scrambled eggs, limited fruit & cereal selections. The potatoes were great! Had a problem with the elevator, the elevator company (we were told) was called and would arrive to fix the issue after 3 hours of waiting we (and a wonderful resident) had helped fixed the issue amongst ourselves. I have reason to believe that the elevator company was NEVER even called.

This property is clearly for use only for business travelers, not a family vacation. It is placed in an industrial park and every place you try to travel to is a toll road. We tried a new brand that the Hyatt was offering and it certainly did not add up to our usual Hyatt expectations. Needless to say there are plenty of choices in the Virginia/DC area, we will make another choice next time we visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Scotch Plains, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I booked a stay at this location and cancelled over a month ago. I did not receive a cancellation email nor did I receive a reservation email. I asked during booking and was told they can't send one. I looked at my bank account today to find out I had been charged. Called the hotel and spoke with Manager who gave the "we are in their rights to charge for a no show". Ansd I was also told the rate I booked was $100 less than what they could have sold it for on 6/25 and how he would have lost money. I asked why I did not receive a confirmation for the reservation or cancellation and he said he does not know and they train the staff well. He also responded it will be brought up to the staff which is the politically and corporately correct thing to say. It will be mentioned to a staffer as "he should have cancelled." Also when I asked what email was it sent to, he read back an email that was not anywhere close to mine. Needless to say I was charged, he doesn't care , although their is an accuracy issue and he also said I may want to consider booking online to ensure accuracy. Nice job, big shout to the manager. I was gonna start staying at the hyatt house with the family as I come to Herndon often but after the "CORPORATE ROBOTIC reading of the learned responses to unhappy customers" response, I will continue to stat at the Staybridege Suites, Herndon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Howard Beach, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room with full kitchen, many amenities among them gym, pool and hot tub. Unbelievable complimentary breakfast buffet, free wifi and parking. Truly outstanding hotel experience.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife and I stayed a couple nights in one of the two-bedroom suites with my in-laws for a wedding in Reston. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of this suite. We each had a big bedroom and bathroom and living room area was nice with a gas fireplace, kitchenette, etc. The hotel is extremely close to Dulles Airport though the location seemed very industrial park-esque so there's not much charm in the immediate area. However, they do have a free shuttle that will take you to certain locations if you work it out in advance which is always nice. This place also has a solid breakfast buffet as well.

The only complaints I really had about this Hyatt are pretty minor. Make sure you know where light switches are because they are in odd locations which were virtually impossible to find in the middle of the night. Also, the toilets are bizarrely loud and they woke me up every time they were used in our place. Lastly, the shower was hard to turn on to the extent that I had to do it for my wife and her 90 plus year old grandparents.. Other than that we were all very pleased with the stay. I would recommend it if you need to stay near Dulles for whatever reason.

Room Tip: Light switches in weird locations from what I recall...