“Strongly Recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Herndon

You added HYATT house Herndon to your Saves list
HYATT house Herndon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   467 Herndon Parkway, Herndon, VA 20170 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Herndon)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Howard Beach, New York
“Strongly Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room with full kitchen, many amenities among them gym, pool and hot tub. Unbelievable complimentary breakfast buffet, free wifi and parking. Truly outstanding hotel experience.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife and I stayed a couple nights in one of the two-bedroom suites with my in-laws for a wedding in Reston. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of this suite. We each had a big bedroom and bathroom and living room area was nice with a gas fireplace, kitchenette, etc. The hotel is extremely close to Dulles Airport though the location seemed very industrial park-esque so there's not much charm in the immediate area. However, they do have a free shuttle that will take you to certain locations if you work it out in advance which is always nice. This place also has a solid breakfast buffet as well.

The only complaints I really had about this Hyatt are pretty minor. Make sure you know where light switches are because they are in odd locations which were virtually impossible to find in the middle of the night. Also, the toilets are bizarrely loud and they woke me up every time they were used in our place. Lastly, the shower was hard to turn on to the extent that I had to do it for my wife and her 90 plus year old grandparents.. Other than that we were all very pleased with the stay. I would recommend it if you need to stay near Dulles for whatever reason.

Room Tip: Light switches in weird locations from what I recall...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Herndon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was able to get this room last minute. I was able to get a beautiful suite at a very good rate. The location is fantastic, everything that is needed is in walking distance or a very short drive. Didn't have to go farther than 2 miles to get a good meal in the evenings.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at Hyatt House on every business trip here in the last 5 years. I really like the proximity to my office, nearby food outlets and supermarket. The free shuttle service really stands out for a short-term traveler like me, as it makes it so much easier to get around a town that is really built for cars. The hotel staff was attentive and responsive to my needs and I look forward to my next stay there. Yes, the wifi was excellent.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed at this place on more than one occasion and each time I would return back.
This place is conveniently located just of the Toll Road - 267, and only a couple of minutes from the Dulles airport. The facilities is very comfortable and clean with the helpful and accommodating staff.
The complimentary breakfast buffet has improved over the years and during my last stay they offered variety of choices.
The "Social Evening" dinner goes from Monday - Thursday and is also helpful as it offers free beer and wine with some food (pizza, salads, pasta...). On some of busy week days after you get back from work it is very convenient to have a few drinks and a quick supper in the hotel.
Oh.. and I should also mention one of the staff members, a Macedonian guy Vladimir who was very helpful and kind.

Room Tip: try to avoid room at the first floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My family & I were extremely disappointed when we arrived at the Hyatt House. I was expecting a new hotel, but instead found an old hotel with the Hyatt name on it. The hotel is badly in need of repairs and a good cleaning. The hallway carpet was bunched up everywhere creating a bit of a safety hazard, the room furniture worn and stained. The fireplace front was falling in and the kitchen floor between items and beneath cabinets had all sorts to interesting items on it. Given we had family with it, the floor plan of the rooms would have worked great. The staff was nice enough to let us leave and we moved to the Hyatt in Fair Lakes. The day I left DC, I did find the new Hyatt House. If Hyatt renovates this property, I think it could be a great place to stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bryant P, Director of Sales at HYATT house Herndon, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Hello Karla,

I want to sincerely thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share with us ways we can improve upon providing the absolute best guest experience possible.

I'm very sorry to learn that your recent stay was not everything you were expecting. Our mission at Hyatt house Herndon is to provide all the positive guest experiences you can come to expect at a Hyatt hotel while also incorporating the comforts of home. Which is why we have spacious suite accommodations and complimentary amenities you may not get elsewhere.

We take great pride in providing a safe, clean and comfortable environment to all of our guests and both our housekeeping and maintenance departments work tirelessly to deliver on these values. I will share your feedback with our team at the hotel to ensure that any appropriate property enhancements are made to ensure guest safety and overall satisfaction is met for you and all of our future guests.

I will also share the positive comments you provided regarding the service our staff was able to deliver and I thank you for recognizing the dedication of our employees who work so hard to give outstanding service.

Thank you again for your loyalty to Hyatt Hotels and please feel free to connect with me directly should there be anything else I can assist with or if you would like to further discuss your stay at Hyatt house Herndon.

Kind regards,
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. I was traveling with a friend and the luxury of having separate bedrooms and baths was awesome. The hotel was very clean, staff was friendly and we will definitely stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and were not disturbed by any outside noises.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to HYATT house Herndon? Share your experiences!