“Quick in & out visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Quick in & out visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Having stayed at this hotel on multiple occasions, I am impressed with their consistency. The staff is cordial, helpful and experienced. The rooms are always clean, fully & appropriately stocked. They are also quiet and the view is often beautiful. I do wish they had better coffee in the rooms and the wine at the bar in the hotel wasn't so expensive.

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Andover, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Rooms were nice, not super good. Location is a killer. You have access to a few good restaurants around. Their own had a buffet for breakfast, our booking price included it, so we had and it was not too bad. You get what you pay for but nothing was impressive.

Stayed April 2015
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the Dulles Marriott Suites last night after a flight disruption. The woman at the front desk was SO cheerful and welcoming. After I mentioned needing to leave before breakfast began, she offered to send complimentary breakfast to my room early. It arrived right on time. The room was great, but it was Tigist at the front desk that stood out for her cheerful attitude and going above and beyond to make the stay comfortable.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I would like to recognize a few staff members from this hotel.

Rita, The Manager; She is very professional caring and personable with her guests in addition of always making sure they received the best service by her staff as well. My wife always speaks very highly of Rita, praising her everlasting will to help and making sure my wife always has everything she needs to do her job while staying at the hotel.

Gida, Customer Service at The Front Desk; Gida is one of the best hotels staff I have ever had the pleasure to meet. She is very courteous, helpful, and always going the extra mile to help other guests and fellow employees. I an airline pilot and travel is my profession. From all the hotel staff members I have worked with, Gida is by far the best Desk Guest Associate I have ever known.

Sina, Restaurant Staff; Sina has been serving us at the restaurant for as long as I can remember, and we have been staying at this hotel for at least 15 years. As far as I can remember, Sina has been part of the staff. His exceptional service, care toward my family and kids, his attention to detail, always making sure to remember our names and above all his outstanding professional manners and demeanor makes him an asset to your organization.

Thank you kindly for having such a magnificent staff working at your hotel, taking care of the professional traveler as well as families like ours for so many years. We always feel like we are treated as family when we depart the hotel after a few days stay.

Sincerely, Captain Hans Colom
Virgin America Airlines Captain.
Tel. 703-593-0914

Room Tip: Best Staff, Excellent Service, close to Dulles Airport and downtown DC.
Green Features: Very Conscious about the Environment and water conservation.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great hotel with large rooms (for a hotel). True suites with a living room, bedroom and bath. Clean hotel, nice staff. Great location next to shopping center with numerous international and American restaraunts. 30 minutes to DC attractions. Their on-site food options are overpriced, but who cares, numerous dining options within walking distance.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've given a poor rating. I'll explain why so people who aren't bothered by the same things can make allowances. I'll also say that the rooms, furnishings and fittings are all very nice.

First negative impression however, is (a) no wired internet connector in my room and wireless security that is at a Wild West level. Pretty much the IT equivalent of a post-card. And for this they have the cheek to demand around $13 per day for their standard poor connection or $19 per day for their adequate one (they don't call it "adequate", they call it "super fast" or something like that from memory). I have stayed in cheaper hotels that just regarded Internet as a standard thing that everyone will want (which it is) and no more charged you for it than they would the tap in your room. I hate expensive hotels that try to nickel and dime you for things you need.

Food is similarly overpriced. I would not mind this if it was actually good but it's poor. And a colleague actually described it as "horrible" (their words). I'm not kidding here - not only is it middling at best but the quantities are meagre. It was a battle to actually get something worth eating out of them at breakfast. Ordering TWO servings of toast and scrambled eggs (at a cost of around $17) finally managed to net me four wafer-thin slices of bread and some scrapings of scrambled eggs. There are a few restaurants around the hotel - I suggest you avoid eating in the hotel itself. And if you have any vegetarians in the party forget it. We had a conference here and the conference food is probably best described as "adequate".

In summary, I can tell you exactly what is happening here. The hotel itself is nice, beds comfortable, etc. But somewhere in the management chain someone has been told to make more money and the result is crappy kitchens and disgusting Internet charges. But you can always distract yourself in the evening by renting a movie for $20. ;)

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Kristen M, General Manager at Washington Dulles Marriott Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Random T,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience while staying at the hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed in both the internet access as well as with the quality of the food.

There are a few options available to our guests in order to receive compliementary internet access. We do offer some room rates that include internet. Marriott Rewards members recieve complimentary internet when they book their reservation via a Marriott booking channel. Internet access is also free of charge in our lobby and business center. I apologize that you were not able to take advantage of one of these.

We do take the security of our internet connection seriously and only work with approved providers who meet our standards. I will follow up to see if there are additional safeguards we should have in place.

Be assured that I will be following up with the kitchen department regarding your concerns with the quality of the food. I will also ask them to consider adding additional vegetarian items to our offerings.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly. Thank you again for your feedback.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wish I could have stayed longer. The room is very spacious. I love the separate living room area from the bedroom. The wall-mounted TV in the bedroom is a nice touch. The bathroom is one of the largest I've seen in a standard hotel room. I like that it was accessible from the bedroom or the living room area. All of the associates I encountered were friendly and helpful. Airport shuttle was a plus!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Washington Dulles Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!