“Business trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Mons, Belgium
“Business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Friendly staff, great location, easy check-in, and airport shuttle service provided...the room was very well maintained, spacious and clean...the bed was very comfortable to include the pillows...the room was quiet...the fitness center met my needs...also took advantage of the bar/lounge for happy hour, timely service...there are also many restaurants around the hotel...over all very satisfied with the a commendations and location...would stay there again...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have stayed in this hotel every few months for the last few years and it seems to be going down hill. The staff is hit or miss with most acting like they'd rather not be there. The front desk person asked me this time if I'd ever stayed with them before. It was insulting because I had used mobile check in, giving him ample time to see in the system that I am a very frequent platinum guest. They seem to be forgetting that their primary customer is a business traveler. I've been assaulted by the chaos and noise from hoards of teenagers during several of my visits, especially in the lobby.

The morning room service staff is very friendly and accommodating, but they do frequently forget small things like to go cups for your coffee. I just bring my own travel mug now. Nate the bartender is fantastic.

This visit, the bed was uncomfortable and the fridge would barely stay cold. I like that the hotel is attached to so many restaurants, but be warned, not all of them are good. I wish this hotel would invest in a concierge lounge, that might make up for some of the annoying shortcomings. Its location is the redeeming quality for me but it can only ride on that for so long.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Kristen M, General Manager at Washington Dulles Marriott Suites, responded to this review, 5 days ago
LocalFoodieFan,

Thank you for taking the time to write another review of our hotel. I was sad to read of your latest experience as your last review had been much more positive. I appreciate your feedback regarding the front desk staff and the mobile check in process. Your Platinum Elite status along with your mobile check in provide us with two opportunities to recognize you appropriately and I am sorry we did not utilize either of them. It is also unacceptable to forget even small things when delivering a room service order. This takes away the ease and convenience that can make room service so enjoyable. I have shared your comments with all of the appropriate departments so they can take steps to ensure these concerns are addressed and do not happen in the future.

I apologize that your stay was disrupted by teenagers. We did have exchange students staying with us over the course of a month prior to traveling back home. On the limited occassions when we have students or sports teams staying in the hotel, we do try to keep their rooms together and block our guests on different floors to minimize any potential noise or other issues. I will work with my team to create additional options to eliminate any inconvenience for our other guests.

I also apoIogize that the bed was uncomfortable on this visit. I know that is a critical component to an enjoyable stay. We just replaced all of the mattresses in the hotel during the renovation of our guest rooms last year. I would like to check that particular mattress if you were willing to contact me directly and provide your room information.

I will also be sharing your request that a concierge lounge be added with the owners of the hotel. It is important for them to hear what is important to our guests.

Thank you again for sumbitting your review. Please contact me directly as I would like to ensure we provide you with the excellent customer service Marriott is known for on your next visit.
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The best part of the Dulles Marriott Suites has to be the layout of the guest rooms. Very comfortable and roomy. The sleeping and living areas are separated by French doors.

I ate the buffet breakfast twice, it is good and there is enough variety.

The airport shuttle is convenient and if you are travelling by air, it is the way to go. Although when I arrived I took a cab which was $15 including tip.

The management was excellent at resolving issues as we had a large party and with some billing mixups that were straightened out quickly.

Room Tip: there were some really nice rooms on the higher floors
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

No concierge lounge so if you have status with Marriott you'll get a free breakfast but no evening drinks and hors d'oeuvres. They should but this on their websites. Second area Marriott I've tried that doesn't have a concierge lounge. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Office chair is nice. Lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Carrollton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Older hotel however its been well maintained. The staff is fantastic and attentive to your needs. Nice bar and restaurant onsite, and they offer laundry facilities to guests. Its nice if you are there for an extended time. Lots of restaurants close by, and they offer a shuttle that departs to and from IAD every 30 min. I will stay again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a very comfortable stay at this hotel. A very good location with plenty of good restaurants literally outside of the door. Close to the freeway and local amenities, including the Udhvar Hasey aviation museum. The airport is a few minutes away and Dulles Town Center shopping area is few minutes up the road.

Room Tip: From our understanding all the rooms are good
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Powhatan, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I travel almost weekly for business and carry a Lifetime Platinum card-so I've stayed at my share of Marriott properties. The desk staff are attentive and most helpful. The rooms are all suites which offer a separate sleeping area, bathroom and sitting area and tv's in both the large sitting area/work area and bedroom area. I believe the rooms have been recently renovated so the furniture, bedding, carpet and decor is fairly new and fresh. The room was very clean and comfortable. Although there is no concierge lounge a free breakfast is provided to eligible Marriott club members. The breakfast buffet offers a wide variety of breakfast items and cook to order eggs. The dining area is quiet and well appointed with an adjoining bar. I did experience a few issues during my stay however. The music in the lobby is much to loud almost to be unbearable. I mentioned this to someone at the desk who said they would turn it down. Well, that did not happen. So, turn down the unwanted loud noise. It should only be heard quietly in the background. Some of the public areas such as the lobby, elevators and pool could be much cleaner. So, put some extra efforts here. Lastly, the new toiletries are offensive and almost noxious. All full service Marriott's have gone with this brand so I am forced to bring my own soaps and shampoo which is a absurd. Please go back to the previous brand. Stay in a higher floor, there are 11 floors and select and odd number room since the even number rooms face a major highway and you hear traffic noise. You will find a good selection of nearby restaurants as will as general shopping. The offer shuttle service to Dulles. This is a sister to the Dulles Airport Marriott. I've stayed at both on recommend the the Dulles Marriott Suites based on comfort and the proximity of local restaurants, shopping and services.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Washington Dulles Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!