“Ideal hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Kids Eat Free
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
“Ideal hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I absolutely love this hotel and stay here every time I am in the area. The rooms are very comfortable and have very nice amenities. The hotel is also located inside a shopping center, which hosts a number of different restaurants and even a very nice movie theater. Parking is easy and free. Even the internet speed is good in this hotel, which is something I can't say about very many hotels.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I cannot say enough about how accommodating the staff has been during our stay! We got an earlier flight than planned and arrived at the hotel by noon, and they let us into our room immediately with no problems. They kept our Coldstone in their freezer, to keep it from melting while we ate our dinner. (Another great thing is this hotel is right in the middle of a complex...lots of food to choose from! Very convenient!) A pipe burst in the middle of the night and we were without water until about 11.30am. They offered passes to the spa next door to shower, and also comped us a free breakfast. We were at breakfast for about a half an hour and room service had already been in to tidy up our room by the time we got back! The rooms were very nice - modern, clean and we couldn't hear any neighbors above, below or next door. It was great to have a separate sitting room. The bed was super comfortable and I slept like a baby! Would absolutely stay here again, with no hesitation!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is my fourth or fifth time staying here now and I think that this time it seems like the staff is beginning to step up their game a little. The front desk staff was very warm and friendly. The beds seem a little fluffier than the last time I was here (maybe I got a bad one last time?). My only real complaint is the AC system in the rooms. It is on a motion sensor, which is fine for day time. But when I am sleeping, the system turns off and I have a very hard time getting a good night's sleep. I constantly wake up hot because there is no air movement from the AC or the fan unit (which I turned to ON instead of AUTO, but the motion sensor overrides it).

There is a lot of change going on with the restaurants in the mall behind the hotel, so if you stayed here before and didn't like your options ... maybe you'll find something new to like.

Green Features: On board with the motion sensor for the AC during the day, but at night its awful and really ruins my stay. I would prefer that the hotel go to a European system of having to put a key in a socket to keep the AC running instead of using motion sensors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kristen M, General Manager at Washington Dulles Marriott Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear LocalFoodieFan,

Thank you for posting a second review regarding your experiences while staying at the Washington Dulles Marriott Suites. We continually challenge ourselves to improve the level of service we provide as well as the amenities that we offer. I am glad you have noticed that effort.

I did want to let you know that our AC system is not on a motion sensor. Please let us know next time you are staying with us and we will set up your AC system to stay on throughout the night.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My first stay at this hotel left me amazed by its cleanliness and roominess: a bedroom, a bathroom, a living area with a desk off to one side and a bar set up at the other end (with mini fridge and microwave). My rate was reasonable as part of a conference contract. My only problem was the ritzy soap that irritated my skin. That and the $12.95/night wired internet fee (my wireless connection only worked in the lobby and the conference areas); I decided I didn't need to use my laptop that badly. The breakfasts were very good, with custom omelets, but each of my breakfast tabs came to $15-$20. I considered those to be my main meals of the day.

Green Features: I don't mind using the same sheets 2 nights in a row, but when I travel, I want fresh towels each day. So I threw my towels in the middle of the bathroom floor...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this location a few times. I love the location because it is so close to restaurants. The rooms stay nice and clean. However, every time I stay there I feel very uncomfortable asking some of the managers anything. They stare at me with a very intimidating look and will even roll there eyes as I'm asking ANYTHING. There once was a young child playing with a ball in the lobby and I watched as the manager snatched it out of the kids hands very aggressively without addressing the mother first. I love this hotel, but for this reason of feeling uncomfortable I will no longer stay there. Other employees are awesome! So if you can surpass a few rude ones then this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014
Kristen M, General Manager at Washington Dulles Marriott Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Annabelle55,

Thank you for making the time to write a review regarding your experience at the Washington Dulles Marriott Suites. I am glad to hear there are many things you enjoy about staying at the hotel. I am very disappointed, however, to hear about the experience you have had with one or more of the managers in the hotel. They should be setting the example of excellent customer service for our associates.

I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you in person regarding this so I can address your concern. My phone number is 703-925-5855 if you would be willing to do this.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback. I hope to hear from you.
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Staff was super friendly and accommodating. Told us about the area and warned at check-in that it would be a busy weekend. Nonetheless it was quiet and comfortable. Loved having the separate sleeping and living rooms as hubby is early riser and I'm not. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I recently spent three nights at this hotel - it is quite close to both my client office and to Dulles. While the rooms are typical Marriott rooms, they were spacious and clean. The service, however, was outstanding - everyone in this hotel was helpful, friendly, and accommodating. They even arranged, prior to my arrival, for a driver to take me to the office each day - and the driver was equally helpful, friendly, and accommodating. The hotel is adjacent to a sort of strip mall with a number of restaurant options and there are certainly others in the area. It was a great stay and I will return when I next work with this client.

Room Tip: You might ask for a room that doesn't face the main street - my original room did and it was qui...