“Don't expect much” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Austin
“Don't expect much”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I am sad to say that after 8 years of staying at this hotel I am just plain done with them. As a platinum member I feel mistreated at this hotel. I am absolutely never put on a an executive level which really doesn't mean much other than they give you newspaper and a couple of bottles of water in the room. So each time I request water when I check in and each time I ask that since I am a platinum member I would appreciate if they would put water in my room so that when I return from work at 10 pm I have a cold bottle of water in mini fridge. They always assure me that they will and of course they don't. It's actually rather absurd that they can't figure this out. Since I am loyal to the Marriott brand I always stay here. From this trip forward I will be staying at the Hyatt. I would rather stay where I have no status and therefore no expectations than be continually disappointed. The management of this hotel is pathetic. If you stay here, don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Purcellville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Nice room, but you have to pay extra for internet in your room and there's no coffee in the lobby on weekends.

The room was very clean and quiet. The staff was pleasant and helpful. And there is a Starbucks near by. Maybe I'm asking too much, but internet and coffee are a necessity anymore.

Philly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Enjoyed my stay here. Then again, I usually enjoy Marriott Suites because it combines the look and feel of a Marriott with a bit more room.

Found the property to be clean and well kept. It was also very quiet – as if I was one of only a few people on the floor (maybe I was?).

Room was very comfortable. Bed was great. Nice sitting area. Awesome TV in sitting area.

Parking is free.

Attached to a small mall with movie theaters and Starbucks.

The friendly woman that checked me in honored every request I made regarding the room.

It does not have a full service kitchen like a Residence Inn but it does have a fridge, microwave, and small sink.

I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Requested a high room on the front side of the property and found it to be very quiet.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is all suites and very close to Dulles airport. It 24 hour room service, bar and a restaurant and is connected to an outdoor plaza with several restaurants (including a Starbucks).
I did not eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food.
You will see many pilots and airline staff departing from this hotel and I did see a shuttle to the airport.

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites and are large with a small kitchen, sitting room, large bedroom 2 TV's...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had a nice room with comfortable beds, good shower. Ate dinner in the bar - it was very noisy the night we departed, but very quiet on our return. Happy hour drinks are 1/2 price. Had an excellent ceasar salad, chicken ceasar salad and turkey club. Breakfast in the dining room is pricey, but good pancakes, feta, spinach and mushroom omelet (big enough for two), hashbrowns and toast. Good service and open until 11 AM. Free shuttle and can leave car for free (probably covers cost of room vs. airport parking).. We were allowed late checkout @ 2:30 so relaxed in our room instead of too much time at the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I've stayed 3 consecutive weeks and am very pleased Overall. I'm a BIG fan of mobile check in after using it for the first time here.The cleanliness of the rooms is per Marriott standard. The only employee I know by name is the bartender Nathan. He was professional and attentive to each guest but made me feel very comfortable as a frequent traveler/ business woman traveling alone. I booked a fourth week because he made it feel as though I was staying with friends.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Belcamp, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed here one night while on a business trip to Herndon and I'll admit it was a pleasant stay. I didn't stay at the hotel nor the room much however I can say my room was what I'd expect from a Marriott hotel. The rooms are actually rather big for this area so I was pleasantly surprised about that. I did go to the gym and the equipment is updated and very well kept. Besides the gym, I didn't go anywhere else in the hotel but I can say that my stay was pleasant and, if in the area, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Washington Dulles Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!