“Enjoyed My Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyed My Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

It's been about 10 years or so since I last stayed at this hotel. I liked it then and still like it. Very clean, very comfortable bed/bedding. Like the separation of the bedroom from the living room. Nice pool area. Great location. There are stores as soon as you walk out the hotel. Don't even have to cross the street. Good location to so many other places. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Salem, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel three times now. If you're reading this, please read ALL of it and I'd highly recommend staying somewhere else - this hotel has definitely lost our business. Here are some major issues:

1. The air conditioner has only run at 60F in two of the three rooms. When set to 74F, it continues to only blow cold air at 60F. Internet is not free. Bed is hard as a rock. Several bathrooms have had mold issues as well as cracks in the wall, floor, ceiling. The door to the sink area on the bathroom side had a moist-looking brown stain at the bottom of it and another room had something that looked like blood.

2. Two of the three rooms have caused extreme allergy and asthma attacks in me due to mold and mildew. There has been a dampness to both of these rooms. Front desk manager told me after second stay there that this would be addressed and I overheard discussion of crediting us free breakfast on our third stay. This did not happen nor was it ever mentioned, plus the room had the same issues on our third stay (mildew, odor, mold, broken AC).

3. There was a "domestic violence situation" occurring on the morning of our last stay, this past weekend, which involved five police cars, an officer with four guns including a rifle, a german shephard w/ a vest led by another officer with a gun, a fire engine and an ambulance. I was locked out of my room and was told that I could not be given access to my room while this was occuring (my key wasn't working although we were still within check-out range), despite being able to show my ID and marriage license "because only your husband is registered as a guest, you aren't." I made the registration online for 2 guests. I have an email confirmation listing 2 guests. I'm not sure how the hotel would explain how that became one guest, because we even CHECKED IN at the front desk together. I find it incredibly rude that I could not be given access to my room, especially given the situation at the hotel at the time that this conversation occurred.

4. In addition to that, the front desk manager eventually did give me a key after waking my husband, who had worked a 13-hour overnight shift and just gone to bed. While handing me the key, she said to me "it's JUST domestic violence anyway." Ouch. I'm not sure when domestic violence became something that should be discounted and played off like it's nothing, but that statement and perspective has permanently lost any rapport we had with the Marriott brand. People deserve to be treated with all of the respect in the world and not in violence and what you said basically told me the complete opposite. That was not only unprofessional but also really offensive and I can only hope you realize that there's no such thing as "JUST domestic violence." What was said only promotes the continuation of a cycle of abuse that will continue until recognition that abuse and violence are both horrible, inappropriate occurrences, which should not be tolerated. This specific situation was not a minor thing, considering that number of police were there at 7:30am and still there at 2:30 when we checked out and left after my husband got a measly 5 hours of sleep. Knowing this was going on at the hotel and that none of the guests had been informed (I knew because I spoke to the policeman in the elevator area) did not contribute to the quality of his rest or comfort during this stay, either.

Remember folks, do your homework in considering a hotel and go somewhere else if you're considering this one.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, or, if you have to stay here, request to stay in the half of the hotel opposite...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kristen M, General Manager at Washington Dulles Marriott Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I am so sorry for the problems you experienced during your recent stay with us. From the issues with the air conditioning to the cleanliness and condition issues you had in your room, we clearly failed to meet both your and my expectations of our hotel.

I have shared your comments with our housekeeping and engineering leaders so that they may address these issues to improve the experience for future guests. We have not had mold or mildew issues in the past so we will be investigating this immediately as well.

I am sorry for the impression that we gave you in the handling of the event which occurred in the hotel during your stay. We were very concerned for the guest and did everything possible to assist them.

Thank you for your feedback as it is the best way for us to improve what we do.
Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from June 20-23 3 nights and man I wish I had more time to stay there. The service was amazing, the hallways had this amazing clean smell to the carpets, and to top it off the room was perfect. Couldn't ask for anything more. There was a lot of near by restaurants right in the strip mall the hotel was located in and it was great to wake up and grab a Starbucks coffee to start each day. A major perk is that the hotel is located right near the National Air and Space Museum which is a must stop,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Spring, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel prior to our vacation and it is an EXCELLENT option if you are flying out of Dulles. With the Park here, fly there rate, you stay the night before your trip and you can park your car in the covered garage for up to two weeks. They also have an airport shuttle that will drop you off at the airport check-in point and they will pick you up when you return to collect your car. The rate was only $109 plus tax and I'm sure we would have paid at least $75 if we would have parked at the airport and probably more for garage parking.

Check-in / out was a breeze and the room was also very nice - clean and comfortable! We booked a suite that accommodated five persons and we couldn't have asked for a better room. The front desk staff as well as the shuttle drivers were nice and very helpful. There are also several places to eat in the hotel complex which makes this an even more attractive place to stay. We will definitely return the next time we fly from Dulles!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The reason for this stay was to pick up family members and friends who came into Dulles on a transAtlantic flight. We booked 3 suites. The beds were heavenly. Bathrooms were squeaky clean. The airport shuttle was convenient and efficient.

Many food options were available adjacent to the hotel but, since we had jet-lagged folks with us, we chose to have breakfast in the hotel. Omelettes were prepared to order. The buffet was well-stocked and cooked items were piping hot.

All 7 members of our party (from both sides of the pond) gave the entire experience an "Excellent" rating. The staff consistently exceeded expectations. This property is a good option for DC leisure travel, and a great option if Dulles airport is part of your trip agenda.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed one night, comfortable suite, clean and cozy. Delicious buffet breakfast with made to order omelet and probably organic fruits. Very friendly staff, enjoyed the stay.
Convenient courtesy van to Dulles airport.
Great location next to a small shopping center.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hattiesburg,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed here for one night and thought the hotel was very nice and rooms were spacious. It's a bit pricey considering that there aren't many amenities available (e.g. No valet). Parking is great and the location has everything you need as the hotel is adjacent to multicultural restaurants and a movie theater. There was a bit of a hiccup that I had with the room, but it was eventually resolved by the GM.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Washington Dulles Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!