I've stayed in this hotel three times now. If you're reading this, please read ALL of it and I'd highly recommend staying somewhere else - this hotel has definitely lost our business. Here are some major issues:
1. The air conditioner has only run at 60F in two of the three rooms. When set to 74F, it continues to only blow cold air at 60F. Internet is not free. Bed is hard as a rock. Several bathrooms have had mold issues as well as cracks in the wall, floor, ceiling. The door to the sink area on the bathroom side had a moist-looking brown stain at the bottom of it and another room had something that looked like blood.
2. Two of the three rooms have caused extreme allergy and asthma attacks in me due to mold and mildew. There has been a dampness to both of these rooms. Front desk manager told me after second stay there that this would be addressed and I overheard discussion of crediting us free breakfast on our third stay. This did not happen nor was it ever mentioned, plus the room had the same issues on our third stay (mildew, odor, mold, broken AC).
3. There was a "domestic violence situation" occurring on the morning of our last stay, this past weekend, which involved five police cars, an officer with four guns including a rifle, a german shephard w/ a vest led by another officer with a gun, a fire engine and an ambulance. I was locked out of my room and was told that I could not be given access to my room while this was occuring (my key wasn't working although we were still within check-out range), despite being able to show my ID and marriage license "because only your husband is registered as a guest, you aren't." I made the registration online for 2 guests. I have an email confirmation listing 2 guests. I'm not sure how the hotel would explain how that became one guest, because we even CHECKED IN at the front desk together. I find it incredibly rude that I could not be given access to my room, especially given the situation at the hotel at the time that this conversation occurred.
4. In addition to that, the front desk manager eventually did give me a key after waking my husband, who had worked a 13-hour overnight shift and just gone to bed. While handing me the key, she said to me "it's JUST domestic violence anyway." Ouch. I'm not sure when domestic violence became something that should be discounted and played off like it's nothing, but that statement and perspective has permanently lost any rapport we had with the Marriott brand. People deserve to be treated with all of the respect in the world and not in violence and what you said basically told me the complete opposite. That was not only unprofessional but also really offensive and I can only hope you realize that there's no such thing as "JUST domestic violence." What was said only promotes the continuation of a cycle of abuse that will continue until recognition that abuse and violence are both horrible, inappropriate occurrences, which should not be tolerated. This specific situation was not a minor thing, considering that number of police were there at 7:30am and still there at 2:30 when we checked out and left after my husband got a measly 5 hours of sleep. Knowing this was going on at the hotel and that none of the guests had been informed (I knew because I spoke to the policeman in the elevator area) did not contribute to the quality of his rest or comfort during this stay, either.
Remember folks, do your homework in considering a hotel and go somewhere else if you're considering this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington Dulles Marriott Suites at Worldgate Centre is one of the premier hotels near Dulles Airport. Featuring all-suite accommodations, this hotel in Herndon, VA is located 3 miles from IAD Airport and offers 253 newly renovated spacious guest rooms with high-tech business amenities and separate living areas. Both business and leisure travelers will appreciate the hotel's complimentary shuttle service to and from Dulles Airport. This Herndon hotel is walking distance to dozens of restaurants, unique shops and activities at the adjacent Worldgate Centre. Guests will also enjoy our close proximity to the National Air and Space Museum Udvar Hazy Center, Reston Town Center, Dulles Expo Center and numerous Northern Virginia wineries. For an important meeting or special occasion, our state-of-the-art event facilities and custom catering are perfect for a flawless event. When it comes to hotels near Dulles, the Washington Dulles Marriott Suites makes it easier to get things accomplished on your terms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Washington Dulles Marriott Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Dulles Marriott Hotel Herndon
- Marriott Washington Dulles
- Marriott Herndon
- Herndon Marriott