“Great Price, Clean, and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking & Wi-Fi
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan, United States
“Great Price, Clean, and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Close to hundreds of companies in Herndon, great price, clean, great breakfast options, and very helpful staff. Although it's close to the highway, it was quiet at night. Larry at the front desk, in particular, was helpful and made sure everything was perfect. There is a shuttle to Dulles and they paid for my cab fare to Dulles when the shuttle was not running.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sabrina B, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Herndon Reston, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear JimNader,

Thank you for the the feedback! We are pleased to hear that you had a nice stay at our property. We are glad you were happy with the price, cleanliness, breakfast, shuttle, location, and staff. We certainly hope to serve you again in the near future. Thanks again for sharing your experience with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here because another Marriott nearby wanted twice as much for a room that Thursday night. The room was clean, and I slept well. As for dinner, I wasn't impressed with the closest restaurants, but ventured down Spring Street past the Fairfax County Parkway onto Sunset Hills Rd, and found a choice between Carraba's and Chipotle Grill, plus a Target with a grocery section across the street. It's a good thing I picked up apples and yogurt at the Target (which I placed in the room's mini-fridge); this Marriott has a very limited quick-stop food bar (for a fee). I enjoyed the Life Fitness treadmill in the a.m. Checking out, I turned left onto Herndon Parkway and took an easy non-toll back route to the other Marriott where my conference was being held.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Flemington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had business in Herndon, so this was nice and close. I find I can typically trust the Courtyard brand to be clean and welcoming. The bed was comfortable and everything was as it should be for linens and amenities.

The TV would be my only complaint. It's minor because I don't travel on business to watch TV, but it was to the side of the bed which is strange and the channel selection was missing channels like NBC Sports, so not great for travel during the NHL Playoffs. Not major enough to keep me from staying there, but it was enough of an issue for me to give it only 4 out of 5.

It's clean, it's quiet, it's tucked in a bit so you don't worry about your car. So the majors are covered.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Over the past several years, we have stayed at this Marriott property several times and it has been consistently clean and comfortable. The staff is always friendly and accommodating no matter how late we check in. I would stay here again and recommend to my friends.

Stayed May 2014
Hull, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed at this hotel last week to attend a wedding in Reston. Found it to be clean, reasonably priced, and well located---just a few miles from Dulles Airport and the town centers of Reston and Herndon. Front end help was very accommodating and helpful. The hotel is not glitzy, with over-the-top amenities, but it is more than adequate for most travelers looking for a clean, comfortable room. I was allowed to check in early, right after my flight arrived, and I was able to print my airline boarding passes in their business lobby area on the day of my departure. Nice touches!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is a nice hotel. A little expensive, but I assume the location is the reason for this. Its withing 6-7 miles of Dulles. There isn't much around the hotel, but the friendly staff will drive you in their shuttle to locations withing a few miles of the hotel, including the airport. The rooms are nice, and fairly large. There is a coffee maker in the room, which I didn't use, since there is a 24/7 (I think) Starbucks on the property! I had breakfast at the diner downstairs, and dinner one time. The food is average, and a little on the pricey side. The staff really is what makes this hotel good! Very friendly, very accommodating.

Tip: Reston town center is a couple of miles away, and the hotel shuttle will drop you and pick you up between 7am and 11pm. There are a bunch of shops and restaurants there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sabrina B, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Herndon Reston, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear S T,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you had a pleasant experience, enjoyed the room and amenities, and liked the location. We certainly hope to serve you again in the near future. Thank you again for the response!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The Marriott is the standard for very good service and products. I have only been disappointed a few times by Marriott and this was not one of them. I will not go in dept since previous posters have cover all the ground as far as the hotel is concerned.

A quick take: It is not located near any restaurants of any note except there are some small food places, Dunket donuts, Chinese, etc down Herndon Pkwy. I would say a 5 minute walk.

My only problem was that I left my laptop charger...I called and they said they would look and call back. I called again and they said they would call back. I was hoping they would mail it...I guess not. Other than that small thing, Marriott is the best deal out there and that what we have been gold and silver members some years.....

Room Tip: I would join the rewards program...easy way to get free nights quite quicly if you are even a modera...