“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Johnson City
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Got a great deal thru priceline. Hotel gave two rooms across from each other; one w/ a king bed the other two Queens like we requested. The hotel was so quiet and the housekeeping had a cleaning schedule that didn't interupt our day. The pool was nice; 1st time I've ever seen a life guard on duty. I can't say enough positive things about this hotel.

Room Tip: Call ahead to request room type when booking thru a 3rd party.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Royersford, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Check in was very smooth. We liked the location as it was very close to our destination for the weekend. The lobby was quite nice and had a small bistro w/Starbucks coffee as well as snacks and small meals. Tables line the windows and each have a small TV with your own remote control.
The room was very clean, bed comfortable and a small loveseat and desk w/chair. Overall we were very satisfied with everything. The only "odd" thing we encountered on a beautiful summer evening was the lack of furniture on the balcony. We took a walk around the property and all the "interior" or pool facing rooms had patio/balcony furniture yet none of the outside rooms did. The weather was great and we would have enjoyed sitting outside. In fairness they do have a beautiful courtyard with comfortable seating,......like I said, that was the only thing we missed. We would definately return here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here when visiting the DC area on a mixed business/personal trip. It was easy to get to, check in was immediate and problem free, staff were courteous and I got a very nice clean room that was an excellent size. For the first time ever in a hotel I got a letter at my door from the marketing manager regarding business travellers and soliciting more business from my travels / company. It wasn't pushy or anything just introducing herself etc. I was actually really impressed by this, because someone had to notice I "looked" like a business client (even though it was a mixed visit) then taken it from there. This shows some initiative which is so lacking at times in this industry. At any rate while I do not travel to this area often I'll go out of my way to check availability and pricing at this location first (I was visiting on a priceline buy this time as nothing nearer my actual location was available). Checkout was equally as straightforward. I have nothing but good things to say here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
West Chester, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I'm a Marriott Platinum member, so I stay at Marriott all the time and I'm almost always satisfied with the hotel. This is one I won't go back to. First of all, I had a room on the third floor and the elevator was out of service. Okay, they told me that when I checked in and I didn't have much baggage so I thought it would be fine, but it was just the start. The room was okay, but the bathroom floor had dirt on it (chuncks of dirt and smudges). The privacy curtain on the window (I like it really dark when I sleep) had at least ten rather large holes in it. That's not okay. And I've never been in a Courtyard that didn't have a Microwave in the room, but this didn't have one. Of all the Marriott brands I find Courtyard to be the least attractive because they just are not very nice and price is usually fairly high, but they are at least clean....this one, not so much. Like I said, I won't go back....and I stay in Herndon a lot.

Room Tip: Really close to the highway and quite noisy. No really good rooms. Just pick another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I particularly enjoyed the large American breakfast buffet. The lobby is nice, but overall the rooms have a slight Motel feel. Service was excellent. Internet worked well - you get 24 hours free with iBahn.

Room Tip: I ended up with a handicap room and did not like it. Would have been better with a regular room if t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Buckhannon, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Bed bugs in room 105.My son was bitten on his legs and was very uncomfortable.Not very clean.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Morton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have now stayed at this property on numerous occasions. The facility is pretty much what you expect from a Courtyard ( clean and reasonably quiet ) but the staff here is exceptional. The comp shuttle from Dulles is a phone call and 10 minutes away. Need the shuttle for dinner in Reston Town Center (10 minutes) and just ask. Need to hold a last minute ( or poorly planned ) meeting - just ask Bob or Scott for their support. On my last trip the shuttle driver was unavailable and without a word they arranged a cab and picked up the tab! The staff has a gift for calling their guests by name. I am not crazy about business travel but this is as good a home away from home as we are going to find. I love great customer service!

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are always quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bobby B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Herndon Reston, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you so much for the glowing review! We truly believe that our guests' satisfaction is the most important priority we have. At the end of the day, with out guests like you... we would not be here!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Bobby Bellinger

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Herndon Reston? Share your experiences!