“A flawless stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Oakville, Canada
“A flawless stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here when visiting the DC area on a mixed business/personal trip. It was easy to get to, check in was immediate and problem free, staff were courteous and I got a very nice clean room that was an excellent size. For the first time ever in a hotel I got a letter at my door from the marketing manager regarding business travellers and soliciting more business from my travels / company. It wasn't pushy or anything just introducing herself etc. I was actually really impressed by this, because someone had to notice I "looked" like a business client (even though it was a mixed visit) then taken it from there. This shows some initiative which is so lacking at times in this industry. At any rate while I do not travel to this area often I'll go out of my way to check availability and pricing at this location first (I was visiting on a priceline buy this time as nothing nearer my actual location was available). Checkout was equally as straightforward. I have nothing but good things to say here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
West Chester, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I'm a Marriott Platinum member, so I stay at Marriott all the time and I'm almost always satisfied with the hotel. This is one I won't go back to. First of all, I had a room on the third floor and the elevator was out of service. Okay, they told me that when I checked in and I didn't have much baggage so I thought it would be fine, but it was just the start. The room was okay, but the bathroom floor had dirt on it (chuncks of dirt and smudges). The privacy curtain on the window (I like it really dark when I sleep) had at least ten rather large holes in it. That's not okay. And I've never been in a Courtyard that didn't have a Microwave in the room, but this didn't have one. Of all the Marriott brands I find Courtyard to be the least attractive because they just are not very nice and price is usually fairly high, but they are at least clean....this one, not so much. Like I said, I won't go back....and I stay in Herndon a lot.

Room Tip: Really close to the highway and quite noisy. No really good rooms. Just pick another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I particularly enjoyed the large American breakfast buffet. The lobby is nice, but overall the rooms have a slight Motel feel. Service was excellent. Internet worked well - you get 24 hours free with iBahn.

Room Tip: I ended up with a handicap room and did not like it. Would have been better with a regular room if t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Buckhannon, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Bed bugs in room 105.My son was bitten on his legs and was very uncomfortable.Not very clean.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Morton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have now stayed at this property on numerous occasions. The facility is pretty much what you expect from a Courtyard ( clean and reasonably quiet ) but the staff here is exceptional. The comp shuttle from Dulles is a phone call and 10 minutes away. Need the shuttle for dinner in Reston Town Center (10 minutes) and just ask. Need to hold a last minute ( or poorly planned ) meeting - just ask Bob or Scott for their support. On my last trip the shuttle driver was unavailable and without a word they arranged a cab and picked up the tab! The staff has a gift for calling their guests by name. I am not crazy about business travel but this is as good a home away from home as we are going to find. I love great customer service!

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are always quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bobby B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Herndon Reston, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you so much for the glowing review! We truly believe that our guests' satisfaction is the most important priority we have. At the end of the day, with out guests like you... we would not be here!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Bobby Bellinger
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard in Herndon on business, and it is just what I expect from a courtyard. Although, the room was not as updated as some courtyards that I have stayed at, but they have updated the lobby a lot. Room was clean and the location is nice too, front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We love this Courtyard! We always stay on the third/top floor and request a room facing the Courtyard. Hotel employees always greet us with a smile and are very friendly. The lobby area is fantastic & very modern. There are outlets on all of the tables surrounding the seating area to plug in &/or charge all of our electronics. Very nice! There is a small snack shop in the lobby but remember to get that bottle of Corona before midnite when liquor sales end in Reston. In the morning they have complimentary coffee ~ something we really appreciate.

This hotel is located in a nice quiet location, but very near to all the action i.e. Reston Town Center, Dulles, etc. Parking is included with your room and the property is nicely landscaped. We also make good use of the hot tub in the pool area. When we get overheated we just step outside and relax in the courtyard seating. (OK, how does a rabbit get into a courtyard anyway?!?!)

We also utilized their free shuttle to Dulles to catch our flight. We arranged it with the desk earlier in the day, and the employee was there and ready to go at the scheduled time. No problems at all, except that we hated to leave!

We love this hotel! Can't wait to return next time. It's a great place to relax and unwind after a day of touring all the DC sights.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
We love you too! Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! It always warms our hearts when our guests can enjoy themselves as if they were at home. We truly come to work every day because we love to serve our guests.... its certainly not for the accounting paperwork!

We have officially adopted the rabbit. We have NO idea how he got in, but he is in and elusive! I have only seen him one time in the year I have been on property.... we will even have to change our flowers in the winter as he likes to eat the ones we had last year.

We look forward to your next visit with us! Have a great summer!

Bobby Bellinger

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Herndon Reston? Share your experiences!