“Typical Courtyard, rooms aren't as new as the renovation of the lobby” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Herndon Reston

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Cincinnati
“Typical Courtyard, rooms aren't as new as the renovation of the lobby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard in Herndon on business, and it is just what I expect from a courtyard. Although, the room was not as updated as some courtyards that I have stayed at, but they have updated the lobby a lot. Room was clean and the location is nice too, front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We love this Courtyard! We always stay on the third/top floor and request a room facing the Courtyard. Hotel employees always greet us with a smile and are very friendly. The lobby area is fantastic & very modern. There are outlets on all of the tables surrounding the seating area to plug in &/or charge all of our electronics. Very nice! There is a small snack shop in the lobby but remember to get that bottle of Corona before midnite when liquor sales end in Reston. In the morning they have complimentary coffee ~ something we really appreciate.

This hotel is located in a nice quiet location, but very near to all the action i.e. Reston Town Center, Dulles, etc. Parking is included with your room and the property is nicely landscaped. We also make good use of the hot tub in the pool area. When we get overheated we just step outside and relax in the courtyard seating. (OK, how does a rabbit get into a courtyard anyway?!?!)

We also utilized their free shuttle to Dulles to catch our flight. We arranged it with the desk earlier in the day, and the employee was there and ready to go at the scheduled time. No problems at all, except that we hated to leave!

We love this hotel! Can't wait to return next time. It's a great place to relax and unwind after a day of touring all the DC sights.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bobby B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Herndon Reston, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
We love you too! Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! It always warms our hearts when our guests can enjoy themselves as if they were at home. We truly come to work every day because we love to serve our guests.... its certainly not for the accounting paperwork!

We have officially adopted the rabbit. We have NO idea how he got in, but he is in and elusive! I have only seen him one time in the year I have been on property.... we will even have to change our flowers in the winter as he likes to eat the ones we had last year.

We look forward to your next visit with us! Have a great summer!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was great, quiet environment. Employees are nice and generous!

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words!

Have a great summer, and we will see you on your next trip to Herndon!

Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My wife and I relied on Trip Advisor's positive review of this motel and "made the plunge". It was very well maintained and the rooms were nicely furnished and the staff most pleasant.

I can't say we got a "great" deal ($84 a night strikes me as high, but perhaps that is the going rate in Northern Virginia), but we did get a Marriott property, which is important to me -- "no surprises and good quality.

We recommend this property. In my "marrow", I paid about ten bucks a night more than I should have, but it "kept the peace". :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Very friendly front desk, even gave us free bottles of water for the first night stay. Good wifi connection around the whole place. Def recommended!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your great comments! We truly appreciate your feedback and will let the staff know how happy you were!

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Herndon Area!

Have a great summer!

San Luis Obispo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

The location was good for our purposes of visiting family and one business meeting. Parking was easy right next to the door by the elevator. Housekeeping ends at 3 PM so if you work nights and it takes a couple of days to adjust you are out of luck. We were charged over $20 for 2 movies we never saw and had to go to the desk to fix the bill but they had a way to look and see that, indeed, we never watched a movie. The pillows were the best. Lots of them and very squishy. We hate over-stuffed pillows that give you a neck ache. Also, the temperature control of the room was perfect and not too noisy. The hotel itself was quiet (of well insulated) and we slept well. We would stay again as the price was right.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor in the back and was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Sheree - thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We truly appreciate it and will use it to better train our associates and praise our associates!

I am so glad that we were able to resolve the movie issue to your satisfaction and that the pillows were perfectly squishy to your liking!

Have a great summer and we will see you during your next trip to the Herndon Area!

Woodbridge, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have now stayed at this establishment twice - within a few weeks of each stay!
The customer service is beyond amazing! From the time I am warmly welcomed back to the time I leave I feel like a spoiled being! I always try to book a room on an upper floor overlooking the wonderful gardens - trust me even with the gentle sounds from the traffic on the Dulles Toll Road it is peaceful and very zenish!
The rooms are beautiful and the beds - well let's just say it's very hard to get out of them due to the fact that it's just easier to stay in them and laze about and sleep/read/watch tv/etc... The TV's are great - be ready though if you are not a sports nut - they have four ESPN channels! I would love to see maybe AMC added to the list somewhere (looking hopeful)???
The food - wow the food here, even though it is not a full time cafe (breakfast and dinner only) you will not be upset! One of these trips I will try something on the breakfast menu but I can speak on the dinner side - the caesar salad is DIVINE I mean we are talking DIVINE - almost as good as my Mom's and I grew up in Southern California where they know how to do Caesar Salad! The chicken wings yuuummm! I recommend getting the sauce on the side .. that way if you feel like licking the cup *laughing* it's okay - not that I have done that though. The market is also great for getting a late night snack as well!
The only thing I had difficulty with was the guest washing/drying area. I think maybe updating and possibly expanding the area would be great also offering liquid soap instead of powder - liquid does not leave clumps of soap. I had a bit of a fight with the washer during my last stay but everyone at the hotel went out of their way to help - Thank you everyone at the Courtyard by Marriott Reston/Herndon - I have been in hotels all over the world - and this one is one of my all time favorites.. you are so warm and welcoming even with a nut like me *laughing*.. ten stars truly!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor overlooking the gardens.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
WOW! I don't think that my words will come close to showing the appreciation we have for your kind words and feedback! We come to work every day hoping to provide every guest with the same experience you have had.... and I am so proud of my team for the great work they do each and every day!

We look forward to your future stays with us.... and hope you have a great summer!

Bobby Bellinger

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Herndon Reston? Share your experiences!