Decided at the last minute to zip to DC and check out the MLK monument. The weather forecast is that conditions would be good. Not quite! The Baltimore flight I booked was delayed twice because of a mechanical issue. Switched to a DC flight and it was delayed. Got to the city and the weather was overcast. It was great to see all those who'd come to see the monument though. It was magnificent.
However, I procrastinated around Baltimore too long and missed my flight home at 6pm. Always having my emergency backpack I proceeded to look for a hotel near National Airport. The prices even with help from hotels.com, expedia.com and the like were outrageous. Even the bad hotels werde expensive. So I bounced around the Beltway from Baltimore to Fairfax looking for something reasonable. Two hotels at $79 in Fairfax did not give me a comfortable vibe. So after two hours of driving and searching I settled for this one, which I'd seen on the hotels.com website.
I am pleasantly surprised.
Location: It is a good three miles or more from Dulles Airport in an office park environment, which was very quiet since this is a weekend. Other hotels are within two blocks of it, but I saw only one major restaurant. It is still more than 30 minutes from my outbound airport, National.
Outside: The front of the building and the grounds are well kept.
The Lobby: It kind of blew me away for it wasn't your standard fare. It was kind of art deco with a front desk that looked like it was on a pedestal. It had vibrant colors and was very pleasing.
The Staff: A young woman about 28 years old was very friendly and cheerful, even at 1000pm, when I checked in. She provided that matched what I saw in hotels.com (around $80).
Bed: Nice and big was a little bit plush, not on the level though of some premium properties.
The furnishing was decent and office and entertainment desk had the look of expensive cherry wood.
The room was well lit, the carpet was in good condition. The bottom line is though it wasn't my idea of a bargain, I'd gladly stay here again. It ended a day well that didn't start out too well.
Took photos, but too tired (6am flight) to insert them now.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Herndon Reston Hotel Herndon
- Courtyard By Marriott Herndon Reston Hotel
- Courtyard Herndon
- Herndon Courtyard
- Herndon Marriott
- Courtyard Herndon Reston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step out of the same old business and leisure travel routine when you step inside the Courtyard hotel in Herndon, VA. Our hotel near Reston, Virginia features our new lobby with inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect. The Bistro offers healthy choices, a variety of breakfast and dinner options, an evening bar, and specialty beverages made with Starbucks® coffee. Our guest rooms feature luxury bedding with cotton rich sheets, fluffy pillows, complimentary Wi-Fi, flat screen HD TVs with HBO and a large work desk area. Enjoy our well-equipped fitness center, indoor pool and hot tub, 24-hour business center and boarding pass printing service.Our Herndon, Virginia hotel is conveniently located near the Reston Town Center which features a variety of shopping and dining options as well as the Reston business district. The Reston Business District is home to such companies as Accenture, ComScore, Deloitte, Microsoft, NII Holding, Oracle, Quadramed, Rolls Royce and Verisign. Our hotel is also just 6 miles from the Dulles International Airport. Situated just off the Dulles Toll Road on Herndon Parkway, our hotel is also just minutes away from historic Washington, DC, Alexandria, Arlington Virginia and popular tourist attractions such as the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum, The White House, The Washington Monument, The Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials, Arlington National Cemetery and The Smithsonian family of museums.Your stay at our Herndon, VA hotel is sure to be more comfortable, more productive and more enjoyable than ever before! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Herndon Reston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.