“Frying Pan Park Wonderful For Children” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 6 Attractions in Herndon
Type: Farms, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Working farm, live animals, playground, country store, tractor rides, farmer's market
Herndon, Virginia
24 attraction reviews
“Frying Pan Park Wonderful For Children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and daughter visit Frying Pan Park very frequently. Daughter enjoys to see animals, walk around making noises to attract the animals. Milking of cows is fun for children. Wish they had more petting-animals opportunities.

Visited August 2013

Reston, Virginia
16 attraction reviews
“One of my favorite diversions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I love going to Frying Pan Park and always recommend it to visitors. It is fun to walk amongst the animals. I enjoy taking my dog, who loves to sniff around like crazy. There are several fun things for families, including a farmers market, playground, horse barn, store, carousel, and farm animals. If you go in the spring, there are baby animals, which are great to see. Just go -- it's worth the trip!

Visited March 2013
Washington, DC
156 attraction reviews
“A nice change of pace in Northern VA with farms animals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I've lived in No VA for about 10 years now, and this was first time visiting the park. I really enjoyed seeing the farm animals and nice walk around the park. I could see parents with children with the kids really enjoying the experience. If you have a dog, you can also bring your dog for a walk. I loved the baby pigs and just the farm in general

Visited July 2013
Various
4 attraction reviews
“Great for Families with Young Kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family loves this place! There is so much to do and see for young children. There is a playground that has an area for toddlers (up to 3 or 4) and a separate area for young kids (up to 6 or 7). There is also a carousel and hay ride (open in late morning and early afternoon on weekends) that kids enjoy. The farm also houses several different animals and birds such as peacocks, cows, horses, pigs, sheep, goats, and chickens that you can see. I suggest looking at the frying pan website to see if there are any new additions (calves, lambs, or piglets) to see.

There are also picnic tables available if you want to bring a lunch. We recommend that you also bring your own drinks as you may end up doing some walking on the grounds.

Visited August 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This place is great solo, with a date, or with kids! They have baby farm animals, big horses and the wonderful outdoors. Last time I visited, I took my dog. He and I got some fresh air and I felt like we were in the country...but without the drive.

Visited July 2013