The Westin is a very nice hotel. They pay attention to details and that is very important to me. The room was lovely and spacious (we got a suite) and clean. It was quiet and extremely comfortable.
The restaraunt on site is very nice and the food is quite good. And the bartenders know how to mix a great drink. I challenged one to make me a caramel martini and the young lady rose to the challenge and that was one of the best martinis I have ever had.
The staff, for the most part, was friendly. I got there earlier than expected and they were kind enough to find a suite that was available instead of making me wait. If we needed anything, they brought it up to the room for us.
I only have three small complaints. First, there was plenty of parking, but you have to walk halfway across the hotel from the parking garage to the elevators to the room. Kind of an odd set up and if you're hauling luggage it's a pain. Second, we decided it might be nice to extend our vacation by a day and asked if we could have our room for an extra night. The clerk quoted me a price that was more than twice what we had paid going through expedia.com. He made a point of mentioning that we had pre-paid as if that was a bad thing. We spent plenty in the bar, on room service, and in the restaurant. The hotel was not at full capacity and I felt that they could have cut us a break on an extra night and dispensed with the pre-paid snobbery. Third, the pool was nice but the hot tub wasn't hot becuase they don't turn it on unless you ask apparently. They are a green hotel, so I'm sure that's why, but turning it on at regular intervals to keep it hot might not be a bad idea.
I am staying there again in December. My fiancee and I have booked it for a New Years Weekend. I would reccomend this hotel to friends, family, and other travlers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel
- The Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel Herndon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the comfort of Westin, only minutes from Dulles Airport. In addition to a convenient location and comfortable hotel rooms, our hotel provides amazing meeting and event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your The Westin Washington Dulles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.