“heavenly bed lives up to its name” 5 of 5 stars

Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersSilver level
southern california
“heavenly bed lives up to its name”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

Stayed here one night after coming back from London. I was tired after the long flight. I remembered from my last visit how terrible the shuttle bus was from the airport, and since I had to go into town I rented a car and drove to the hotel. It's a bit complicated to navigate how to get to the hotel - but I had GPS on my cell phone and figured it out. Free parking at the hotel and it is close to the airport if you know how to go. My room was ready when I checked in already set up with non-feather products. I had dinner in the restaurant - it was good and a great atmosphere. Then I crashed in my Westin Heavenly Bed which lived up to its name. I slept around 10 hours and had a quiet morning with the newspaper, buffet breakfast and made my way into DC around 10am without much traffic problems. Excellent water pressure with the 2 headed shower. I'd definitely recommend this hotel for anyone with a car who does not mind a little navigation to find the place. It's a lovely quiet hotel with all the latest Westin amenities, especially the bed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

This hotel is lovely! Very trendy. The front desk is cutting edge. The room and bathroom were fantastic with a rather european feel. The bar is adjacent to the lobby and seemed to be quite active even midweek. The comfy beds and the spa shower were the best features.
The indoor pool is nice as well. The hotel kind of sits away from things but close to the airport. There are many restaurants and shopping malls withing 5-15 minutes from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
WestinDulles, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 29, 2010
Dear VacationLovercc,

I am thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy our hotel on your recent stay with us. It is nice having such a new, state of the art facility, but it is even more rewarding to know that we are meeting our goals with those who we built the hotel for! I look forward to your next visit to the area.

James McGillivray, General Manager
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

very convenient to dulles[5-10 minutes]; large comfortable modern rooms;
immaculate. stayed there 2x on consecutive weekends.........terrific weekend rates. hotel restaurant is mediocre. very pleasant staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear bolgerjohn,

Thank you for the feedback and I am glad we were able to meet your needs while in the Dulles area. Chef Luca in our restaurant has taken great pride in the growth and popularity of Padella and we have been seeing some very strong feedback on our successes. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish, as I would love to hear more about your experience and how we could improve on "mediocre". A great hotel restaurant can round out the home-away-from-home experience of our guests, and we really do wan to face any shortcoming head on and continue our strive to be the best there is!
Warren, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

This hotel is awesome! The staff is friendly and informed. The rooms are spacious and spotless. The beds are the BEST!!! We hated to leave.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
WestinDulles, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 2, 2010
Dear Blooz_Traveller5

Thank you for the kind words - we definitely stribe to be the best - it great to hear success stories! It's been a long, hot summer here in the DC area, and as our first summer in operation it has been great seeing th variety of travellers coming through the Dulles area who have had a chance to enjoy our facility.

Keep on Travelling! Yours,

James McGillivray.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I just wanted to say that I had great service at this hotel. The staff was phenomenal and very kind to me. I received excellent service from staff member, Sean. He assisted me throughout my stay to make sure I had everything I need to have the most pleasure experience possible. Because of his excellent service, I will be staying at this hotel again on my future travels!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Dear tOpqUeEn,

It's great to get feedback on associates doing what they do best - I will be sure that Sean sees your feedback, and we look forward to your return when next your travels take you this way!

James McGillivray
Lodz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Westin Dulles is good airport hotel. The hotel is located 10 minutes from the airport (IAD) and offers free transportation from/to the airport (from 5.30 to 10pm). The hotel looks like new and has modern decor. Clean and bright rooms. Large bathroom with shower. Well-equipped fitness center and indoor pool with jacuzzi. I recommend this hotel in the event of early departure or late arrival.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Dear MariaLodz,

Thank you for the feedback, and I'm glad to hear we met your needs on your recent visit. Just to clarify for other readers, our shuttle runs regularly scheduled runs from to the airport every half hour between 5:30am and 11:30pm, but we also offer on-demand shuttle service between 11:30pm and 5:30am.

Looking forward to your next visit,

James McGillivray.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

The rooms were amazing and up to date. I travel 340 days a year and this was brand new and pristine with no dust and was well laid out and beautiful. The views are amazing with cobblestone bridges. This is worth flying into Dulles vs. Regan. I know there are only two flights a day with American I would stay here alone for the food! The chef is amazing. The meal would make you salivate alone. He was the best chef I Have experienced in all the stays I have had in more then a year. The food was AMAZING! It was orgasmic. The only thing I thought was why was this not overbooked like all my flights. He is able to cook create very unique foods and menus. He is flexible and will make any changes that you would want and or need. I have to tell you that the food alone is worth staying in the hotel. Even if the room was free the food alone makes it worth the stay!!! I would stay here and drive to where I needed to go. The people you meet in the restaurant are engaging and intriguing. It is refreshing and invigorating. They have an amazing facility that includes a state of the art gym, beautiful rooms, amazing restaurant, close to Dulles airport and or all the DC/VA area attractions and or working in the DC area. This would be my first choice in the places to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
WestinDulles, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2010
Dear Geekontherun,

Thank you very much for the kind words. Chef Luca definitely loves to meet our guests, and is always trying to make sure we are able to meet the wide variety of desires for our varied travellers. We look forward to your next arrival.

Yours,

James McGillivray - General Manager.

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!