“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
NJ
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I enjoyed my single nights stay here, it was cold out and the staff and condition of this property warmed me up while in town for a nights work.

King room typical by Westin standards, clean, modern and well kept.

Gym was fantastic, used self parking around the back, plenty of spots.

Staff all very nice and accommodating, recognized status.

Hotel is close to plenty of shopping and place to dine.

Will no doubt be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your review. I was absolutely delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your complimentary comments. We do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Fallston, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed overnight to catch an early morning flight. Hotel was clean, The staff was very friendly and helpful in any way they could be. We ate dinner which was a little pricy but very Tasty. Free parking and airport transportation, we're included in room price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Westin Dulles. Many of our guests stay here just for a night before an early morning flight like yourself. We offer extremely quiet rooms throughout the hotel with our Westin Heavenly Beds to provide a very relaxing experience for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

This past week I stayed at this Westin for the first time. The location is great, if you're doing business in the Reston/Herndon/Ashburn area. The restaurant and staff are very accomodating, and the room was clean. The hallways could use a little perking up, a little worn and dated, however the room itself was great. They have valet parking for $10 overnite, which I think was great, and they were very prompt about having my car ready. I will definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for your feedback with fellow online viewers. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Dulles and your comments were wonderful to read. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

orlando, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed one night here on the third floor, in January because of a missed flight. Service was great and staff very friendly and helpful. Room was very quiet, and beautifully decorated, with 2 queen beds, excellent bathroom with big shower area. The only thing I would complain about here happens in a lot of hotels. They give 6 pillows per bed, why? Personally I think 2 is enough for anyone. Otherwise full marks.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Westin Dulles. Many of our guests stay here just for a night before a long flight, or, because of a missed flight like yourself. We offer extremely quiet rooms throughout the hotel with our Westin Heavenly Beds to provide a very relaxing experience for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Wow - reasonable price, excellent room, great room service, over-the-top amazing, friendly service. This was truly a joy - stayed here for a business trip and it was the perfect location from which to jump to DC, or to where I was working in Clifton. I wish all airport hotels were this good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Dulles. Your compliments were a pleasure to read. I am delighted to hear you were thoroughly spoiled by our team and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I booked the hotel through hotwire for 2 nights. The price is very reasonable and the room is good size, clean, quiet and beds are comfortable. I have nothing to complain about on that. But I wasn't happy with its wi-fi service,

1) hotwire deal says wi-fi and parking are free. It was confirmed when I checked-in. The guy told me that I will not be charged wi-fi
2) when loggin wi-fi, you have to agree to be charged $9.95/day. Otherwise, you won't be able to continue. I called the front-desk and the lady reassured me that I won't be charged wi-fi
3) the username/password was only good for one device, like laptop. if I want to use cell phone, ipad, I won't be able to log in. I called technical support, the guy had to set up the group policy so the username/password will work for all devices. I think by default, it's not.
4) wi-fi was down for about 5 hrs in my 2nd days of staying.
5) when I checked out, the final bill had 2 days of wi-fi charge, The guy told me wi-fi is not free and there was no notes in the system that it's free for me. He eventually waived the charge, but I would not expect this ever happened.
6) I was charged $1 for a incoming call. I know phone bill is one of the revenue sources for hotels but I wasn't expect any charge for incoming call. Maybe the rule has changed.

I stayed in many hotels. It caught me off guard this time, because for all the hotel I stayed, I wouldn't say I had great experience on all of them, but they all honor what they promised.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Westin Dulles. I was sorry to hear that our Wi-Fi service was not to your liking. I will certainly follow up with my team to address these concerns. I do hope you will reconsider and return to the Westin Dulles as I would like you to experience the Hotel as I would have liked you to on this visit. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Be Well, Be Westin,

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have arrived to the hotel last night around 1am. Check-in went smoothly, however in the room I discovered there is a damaged ceiling in the shower area, and as you can see on the photo it looks disgusting.
I walked down to the reception that I left literally 5 minutes earlier and receptionist ( the same one as 5 minutes before) asked me if I want to check-in ??? ( he must have been sleeping in a back room) I told the problem and left hotel for some time - On my return I was given new room, however no help was offered to move stuff between floors, and the only thing I heard was - I'm sorry ( like nothing never happened)

Today morning after 9am I was woke up by cleaning staff, but ok - I was to tired yesterday to think about hanging - do not disturb card outside the door...

Last think I do not like so far - at the entrance I was not offered even a small bottle of water - I have found one in the room for 5$.

Other than that - I don't know yet, I will update review when I leave this hotel, as I'm still there for another few days.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your current stay. I sincerely hope we have addressed your concerns and that you are satisfied with the corrective actions taken. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you feel that we could be of any additional assistance. We look forward to your continued patronage and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!