“Fancy, very confortable and homey” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Fancy, very confortable and homey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Rooms were awesome, for American standards they were out of this world. The shower was so nice, I was looking forward to taking a shower as many times as I can.
Starbucks coffee in the room.
When we checked in, the front desk assistant from Jordan gave us free breakfast because we had just gotten married and were stopping over for a couple of nights.
Breakfast was very good, fresh juice and coffee never ran out with the waiters coming around.
BAR FOOD WAS HORRIBLE!!!!!!! I ordered a $10 disgrace of a burger, the bread was soo stale! and it was really small, it just tasted reallly really bad!
But its an awesome hotel

Room Tip: Choose one that doesn't come with a stale burger bun
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelMngerGM, Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Dulles. Your compliments were a pleasure to read. I am delighted to hear you were thoroughly spoiled by Jordan. Congratulations on your marriage! We do also apologize that you were disappointed with your burger. I will personally inquire with our culinary team to ensure this is corrected for future guest and we hope that you will be on of them. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We value our guests feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at this Westin prior to an early flight out of Dulles. We were pleased at the low rate for a weekend stay. The hotel was clean and quiet, my top two requirements. The bed was the Westin bed. The hotel is in a neighborhood where you can walk around if you need to stretch your legs before or after a flight, which we enjoyed. We were surprised that the restaurant was not open for dinner on the weekends, but dinner was served in the bar. Other dining options required a car. We ended up having room service, which was fine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelMngerGM, Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent trip to the Washington DC area and surroundings of Westin Dulles Hotel. I was absolutely delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your complimentary comments. We apologize if our restaurant closure caused any inconvenience, as that is never our intentions. We do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times for business in the area. It is a very nice Westin. Rooms are always clean and comfortable. Beds at Westins are great. This one is in a nice location off the highway in an office/apartment area but very close to nice restaurants. Their own restaurant on site is also very good. Parking is convenient and free under the hotel. It has become many of my colleagues place to stay on trips to the company location nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelMngerGM, Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback with fellow TripAdvisors. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Dulles and your comments were wonderful to read. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Close proximity to Dulles, and convenient airport shuttle. New, clean hotel with starbucks in lobby, good conference facilities, and quality staff.
Notable positives: westin workout room. Had requested treadmill but got bike. Not bad overall bc good yoga and other equipment in room. Really nice amenity. Good sized, quiet room.
Negatives: conference enter restrooms could use a little sprucing.

Overall, solid conference center hotel and very nice facilities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. I was absolutely delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your complimentary comments. Our guests always appreciate having us located just by the airport. We do also offer complimentary shuttle to and from the airport for your convenience should you need it on your next visit. We do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have a tendency to work on the road in one location for long periods of time. I travel out to the client location on Monday and return home on Friday. When I travel like this I like to find one hotel that treats me like I am home and I am a member of their family. The Westin Washington Dulles Airport is a hotel that treats me as I want and need when doing this week in and week out. The rooms a very comfortable, the food in the restaurant is very good, and the bar is always a lot of fun. When in the Herndon area there will never be any place else I will stay.

Green Features: This hotels environmental practices are part of its everyday operation and looks to the future of saving the world for all of us even when we do not keep an eye on those matters.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jason H, Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
"Thank you for your review and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Dulles. Your compliments were a pleasure to read. I am delighted to hear you were thoroughly spoiled by our team and we look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Linda Tierney
Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel"
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed at this Westin twice in October on business, and had two completely different experiences. My first visit was very pleasant, as I was greeted by a kind front desk agent who provided me with a good recommendation to have dinner at the hotel restaurant – which was delicious!

My second “visit” was marred by a horrible front desk agent named Ronald. I e-mailed my concerns regarding Ronald to Ms. Tierney on October 16th, and have yet to receive a reply – it is November 1st.

Here is text from my e-mail:

"I arrived on a business trip today from Los Angeles and noticed that my boxes of materials had already arrived at your hotel. As such, I decided to pick up my boxes on my way to Arlington to ensure that they would not get lost amongst other packages. I walked to the check-in counter and spoke with Ronald who said that he would assist me. On our way to the storage room, Ronald asked if I had a ticket number. I responded that I had an e-mail confirming that my materials had been delivered. He then proceeded to question if I was even a guest at the hotel to which I told him that I would be checking in on Monday. He did not seem pleased with my response, but entered the storage room to look for my packages. He came out a minute later and said that he had looked at every single package in the storage room and did not find my box. I told him that I had an e-mail confirming that GKirkwood had signed for my boxes. He said that packages that arrived today would need to be retrieved from a different location, but that the one that arrived on Saturday was not there. I insisted that it was, and Ronald told me that I could check for myself - he was quite rude and condescending. I walked into the storage room and located my box within ten seconds. He did not apologize and simply escorted me out. Ronald was extremely professional and respectful to the businessmen and women that he assisted before me. I am not sure if my appearance having just gotten off a plane compelled him to believe that he could speak and act rudely. Perhaps it may have been that I was younger than many of the other guests he was serving. He was simply unprofessional."

As a guest at this Westin hotel, I had hoped to have a much better experience. As an SPG Platinum member who switched from Hilton, I was appalled by the service here – and frankly disappointed that Ms. Tierney did not see fit to reply to my message. I see that other guests have experienced similar issues at this hotel. With such a convenient location, it is unfortunate that I will be unable to stay here in the future. Their service is frankly abysmal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

The Westin Washington Dulles Airport is a beautiful hotel. It is well maintained, comfortable and has EXCELLENT food. It's biggest drawback is the location, it's tucked away near some apartment complexes and is a bit of a drive to get anywhere. But if you don't need to be within walking distance of restaurants and other destinations, this really isn't a big deal. I encountered 3 employees while I was there. The attendant that checked me in, a waiter at the restaurant for breakfast and the gentleman that checked me out. In a nice hotel like this, I would expect all of these interactions to be top notch, but unfortunately my check in experience was terrible. The check in attendant made me feel unworthy to be in his hotel from the moment we started talking. He was cold and very snooty. Additionally, when he ran my credit card for incidentals, it was declined. At which point he blurted out very loudly and with a nearly mocking tone of voice "The card is declined." He did not handle this situation with any tact or discretion. It was quite embarrassing. I later checked my phone to see that AmEx had texted me to check and make sure that I was actually in Washington, DC before approving any charges there. After giving him a different card and getting my room keys, he gave me no instructions. He did not tell me what time to check out on Sunday or anything about the restaurant or other amenities. He simply pointed towards the elevators. My interactions with the other employees at the Westin were both very pleasant, but this employee really ruined my stay. The hotel is great besides that experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Mr. Baril,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Westin Dulles. I am sorry to hear that one of our Front Desk employees soured your otherwise great experience here. I have already spoken with that associate directly about how every guest who walks through our doors must be welcomed with open arms. He was truly apologetic for the mistake, admitting he was "off his game" and will make sure it never happens again to yourself or any other guest.
I am truly proud of my staff here at the Westin and the standards we upheld in our guest service so I will take it upon myself to ensure this is an isolated incident. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will give us another chance in the near future.

Be Well, Be Westin.

Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!