“Awesome place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cary, NC
“Awesome place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was highly impressed with the Westin hotel. The room was extremely luxurious and clean. The staff was incredibly helpful. The bed was amazing. Neither myself or my fiancé wanted to get out of it. The dual head shower was a real treat. The final thing that made me love this hotel was the view I had from my room. It was really nice.

I do have two complaints though. How is it that I can go to a Comfort Inn or some other lesser brand hotel and get free WiFi yet here I have to pay. That seems a little backwards. I understand that this is a luxury hotel but in 2013 WiFi has become a little more that just a luxury. Please address this.

Secondly I was slightly disappointed with the breakfast. The food tasted really good but I was hoping for $15 there would be some kind of pancakes, waffles, and/or French toast. I understand the hotel tries to put forth a healthy living message but I wouldn't say bacon and sausage fits that description (both of which were present).

All in all, this was a fantastic place to stay and despite by relatively minor complaints, I would most definitely stay there again as well as recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the odd side of the hotel. You will end up with the best view.
Green Features: The hotel is rather modern so it has the features that make any modern building green.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cedartree84

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I needed a place to stay near Dulles on very short notice. I expected the Westin to be more than my budget could handle. Not true. I had an exceptional room. Experienced great service. And paid less than I'd expect for a generic brand. Spectacular value!

dar es salaam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Great airport hotel that is consistent with westin standards. Surrounding area nice peaceful overlooking small lake.

Front desk not very friendly. They didn't offer my free reward gift for being a gold member. I had to call them after checking in to recieve free internet.

Aside from the front desk, clean, modern and well run hotel.

1 Thank konyagi
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

At $180 before taxes it is quite a pricy hotel. Although it is well placed for office's in Herndon and distance from airport. I did not see any attention to customer service beyond a good morning and how was your stay.

Pain points: Westin refused to provide me rooms in corporate rate $50 more than what my team mates were staying at the same time, that too in upgraded rooms and with corporate complimentary benefits

Worse after escalating I got a cold shoulder treatment that there is nothing we can do and not even extend corporate benefits.

They had to be repeatedly reminded to give me back my clothes from Laundry after it was misplaced.

Internet was very flaky and working from hotel room might not be feasible at times.

Once it slipped my mind once in hurry to tip a waitress.To my shock I was reminded when I walked back in to provide a tip to my non-complimentary breakfast, it was pretty unprofessional to ask.

Good points: The Restro-bar waitress was pretty excellent with service, hotel is newly built and definitely has a good ambience to it..

Room Tip: Choose a lake facing view..
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Sid1404,

Thank you for your feedback. It is certainly disappointing to hear about your experience as we truly take pride in our guest service here at the Westin Dulles. Please feel free to reach out to our Corporate Transient Sales Manager, Shauna, regarding your rate as she would be more than happy to inform you of the best rate possible for you.
I promise you I will address your feedback with the rest of our staff to ensure you or any other guest do not have the same experience in the future.
If there is anything else I can do for you please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Yours in hospitality,
Linda Tierney
Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this Westin because we were attending a concert in the area. Everything was really nice and clean. The room was extremely reasonably priced. I even left my camera in our room when we checked out and they shipped it to me immediately for only $5. I will definitely stay here again!

• 5 of 5 stars
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Katie G,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with fellow travelers on TripAdvisor. Jiffy Lube Live is less than 30 minutes from out hotel and many of their patrons stay here before and/or after the concert to relax and renew themselves after a great time watching their favorite artists.
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Yours in Hospitality,
Linda Tierney
Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Have stayed at this one in 2010. Was travelling with my kids and parents in law. We had a great time , very comfortable stay. If visiting the Air and Space museum in DC this is only a short ride away. Lots of restaurants in a quick driving distance, great breakfast served in the lobby restaurant as well. All the Westin standards are met namely ambience, comfort and you will leave rejuvenated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manhasset, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at the Westin for a wedding for 2 nights. We didn't expect to get the great service we did. Hotel is beautiful, extremely clean, beds are super comfortable and rooms are spacious. We would absolutely come back, since it's so close to the heart of D.C.

We wish there was a shuttle to the closest Metro station though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Liv1889
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!