“great business stopover” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Dallas, Texas
“great business stopover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

These folks get it. Staff always helpful. Very clean spot. Food is good. Very convient for quick trips to Dulles area. Quiet rooms.Definetely a good value. I'll return again. This runs like a well tuned machine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear TexasCars,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and I am grateful that you enjoyed your experience here. We take pride in our helpful staff and it is good to hear you recognize our efforts. We look forward to hosting your next visit in the near future.

Yours in hospitality,
Linda Tierney
Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel

382 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Horsham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Functional, clean and spacious rooms. Very good for a brief stay as we were doing on our arrival late into the country. Business style hotel. Bar snack food was good. Nothing special and somewhat bland.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Thelighttraveller44,

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience. Please feel free to reach out to me as I would love to make your next stay special and memorable.

Yours in hospitality,
Linda Tierney
Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My better half and I stayed for an evening at the Westin as per referral from friends who stay there when they leave for trips via Dulles Airport. They met us there and we continued our visit with them in VA. The stay was very pleasant. The property clean and quiet. The staff helpful and accommodating. The bar was fun to hang out and relax after a full afternoon at the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum. We also had dinner at the restaurant, 3 of the party of 4 were chefs and a dietician and found the food to be tasty. Our waitress was a bit scattered, I figured she might have been new and just needed some more practice serving. Oh, I almost forgot, we went on a scavenger hunt for ice as none of the machines, except for 2nd floor, had ice. Would we stay there again, definitely.

Room Tip: If given a choice, I usually pick a room that is on an upper floor, away from the ice machine and el...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family and I love the Westin experience. The quality of their sheets, towels and toiletries always make the stay worthwhile. We did experience some noise issues during this stay, While the front desk did resolve the issue, it was not quite handled the way we had hoped. Nonetheless, I will always use a Westin hotel over any other.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Got a great deal from Hotwire and stayed on a Sunday for $70/night on the way to Washington DC. If we stayed Sat it would have been only $60! Prices jump up significantly during weekdays. The hotel does not charge for additional parking which is a huge plus. Hotel is close to Dulles Airport, but about 45 mins or so to Washington DC downtown.
The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. Despite not being a SPG preferred member, I asked for any upgrades since the hotel was not busy and she gave me an upgrade from double to queen beds with complimentary Wi-Fi. Normally Wi-Fi is about $11 extra so that was nice of her.
The hotel is definitely up to higher Westin Standards without the prices on weekends. Would definitely consider coming again. Thanks!

Room Tip: Ask for room with pond view if possible as much nicer.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel, while not at the airport, is very close by. I thought it was a great place to stay. Warmly greeted at check-in despite being 1AM. The room was perfect, nothing out of place. I had a 8 AM flight the next day so didn't stay long. Even though it was a short stay, it left me with such a positive impression. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I love this hotel especially on the weekends when they drop the rates significantly. I usually stay the night before I depart out of IAD which makes getting to the airport a snap. The beds are super comfortable and the breakfast it good and service was great in the morning. I would recommend trying to get the Breakfast room rate. The desk person gave me the wifi code for my room so I wouldn't have to come down to the lobby to send an email on my laptop/ipad. The fact that this hotel still tries to charge for wifi is inane.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!