“Love this hotel. Especially with its weekend prices thru Hotwire.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Washington Dulles Airport

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Love this hotel. Especially with its weekend prices thru Hotwire.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Love the bed best. But overall I also love the bathroom. Love the shower. Love the location. I am just not a fan of the Starbucks coffee tho. Got the room for $50 on the weekend thru hotwire. What's not to love???

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Our family (my 2 year old son, daughters 10&12 and my wife and I ) were flying out of Dulles Airport last Sunday. So we booked in Friday and Saturday so we could see some of Washington DC before departing. We'd booked the Friday because we were arriving Sarurday at 11 am and check in is only from 3pm, but our little son needed a nap before we could go to town. Because the room was needed on Friday, it was cancelled free of charge, without our requesting it. How about that. Beyond that, without exception, this was amongst the friendliest hotel staff we have ever experienced anywhere in our extensive travels all over the world. Check my profile - I don't post here that often, even though I am in about 20-3o different hotels a year - it's simply too much bother to post "ok". The service here, from bellhop to reception, to exchange, to lifeguard, to bar, to room service, to housekeeping, to restaurant was friendly and engaging everywhere. Couple that with fair prices and it just makes it worth the 15 min shuttle ride (every half hour also with a friendly helpful driver) away from the airport. I will from now on always prefer Westin hotels because of the great stay we had here. And I am critical - really.

• Stayed July 2013
studio city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here because it is a Westin. We wanted to stay in a decent hotel before our long flight to Africa. And because we stayed on a Saturday night, we got the weekend special low rate. And the hotel did not disappoint us. We had a quick check-in and quick check-out. We utilized their shuttle service to Dulles Airport. This hotel has Starwood Preferred member floor, the top floor. I always requested the top floor because I am a light sleeper and hearing someone walk wakes me up. Since I am a Starwood Preferred member, I got my wish.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed with my husband for one night. Check in was simple. John at the front desk was not overly friendly but wasn't rude either. He seemed like he was having a bad day. It happens. Moving on...here is the breakdown:

Hotel: Very nice and clean hotel lobby and common areas.

Location: Tucked away but very close to Interstate 95

Service/Staff: Nice enough. Room service staff was nice but they did get both orders wrong.

Restaurant: Didn't eat there but did order room service which I believe came from Padella's (on site restaurant). We each got a cheeseburger. Mine was extremely DRY even though I asked for it medium. Breakfast was worse! Eggs were powdered, 'maple' (didn't taste like maple to me) sausage was disgusting, has browns were not edible. TERRIBLE food!

Room: The room was clean and the bed was VERY comfortable. There was a refrigerator which was nice. Bathroom has a huge shower but the ceiling in the shower had a big wet spot and looked like it was getting moldy.

Parking: Free which was a plus.

Overall, a decent place to stay for one night. Definitely not up to Westin standards though.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stumbled into this place because of their great weekend rate -- better than anyone else in the area including the cheap brand properties! Hard to believe but I'm a shopper and it's true. But then I thought "you get what you pay for" - - how wrong was I??!! From the time we checked in until the day we left (3 days later) it was bliss. So much so that I wrote the general manager of the hotel to compliment all the staff we came in contact with. We ate every meal at the hotel because we couldn't imagine a better restaurant than they had -- prices weren't excessive either.
Chef they have working there is over the top -- place is immaculate clean and staff is 5 star all the way. It's obvious they have great interviewing and hiring practices -- couldn't find a person with a sullen personality on the whole staff -- truly a fun place to stay. Bed comfort is 5 star, food is great, pool is a bit small as someone mentioned but who cares, gym is clean and modern and always available, shuttle is free to airport, breakfast is buffet and for $15 a great deal for all you get. Don't miss this one on the weekend rate -- during the week it's a business hotel and rather crowded from what the staff say . . . on weekends, it's like a boutique hotel -- quiet and a great getaway!

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeview -- nice fountain shooting up day and night.
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed here on a Friday for an early Saturday flight and it was great. The on site restaurant had a great burger and beer deal which was perfect. The hotel is in great condition and meticulously clean. One possible drawback was the small pool which was packed with kids but it dint bother us. Airport shuttle makes it easy to get to flight in ~10 mins. Everyone we talked too at the hotel was professional and friendly, especially at check-in and in the restaurant. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed here with the mister for a quick night away from home to just relax and hang out. Very nice service; check in and check out was super quick and all the staff I encountered were very polite and kind.

The beds are called "heavenly" and they are! Wish I could take it back with me.

Don't forget to order some room service!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!