“Beautiful Property.... sad housekeeping” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersSilver level
BOSTON
“Beautiful Property.... sad housekeeping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Front desk is mostly friendly.... Except the one young man that took my call when I complained that the Housekeeper left my room door open (4+hrs).
She was entering to clean at 2:30.... when I returned at 7... I found the door held open by the safety latch. The man at the desk seemed inconvenienced that I was disturbed by this ... The following day I opted for no service.... and only asked for towels... requested at 2..... arrived after 4 calls at 8pm..... Housekeeping keeps rooms clean, but nothing more....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Brenda R,

I am truly sorry for the issues during your stay with our housekeeping team. At the Westin Dulles we pride ourselves in our service and housekeeping standards. What you experienced concerns me a great deal and I have already met with our Executive Housekeeper and Front Office Manager to make sure this type of incident never happens again.
In the meantime I hope that you will give us another chance in the near future as I promise you we will rectify our issues. If you do please reach out to me directly so that I can welcome you back.

Linda Tierney
Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Simi Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ended up at this hotel after a missed flight from IAD. Despite the throng of upset travelers, the front desk staff was remarkably cheerful and very efficient. Good, clean rooms and a good restaurant round out the very good experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I needed a hotel near Dulles Airport for just one night. This Westin property met the usual top-notch Westin standards. It was clean, comfortable, everything worked well, and the front-desk service and wakeup call was great. The price (under $80 with a AAA discount) was so inexpensive for such an upscale property that I found it hard to believe, but it was a Saturday night and not during the week. The only issue that I had was upon arrival at the airport. I called the hotel to ask if the shuttle came on a regular schedule or if I needed to tell them that I needed a pickup. The agent (Robin) did not answer my question, but instead told me that the shuttle would be at the 2H shuttle pickup area at 8:15PM. I called at 8:05PM and rushed to get to the pickup area, but Dulles is a very large airport and I arrived at 8:23PM. I called again and this time I got the actual answer to my question. Shuttles arrive at the airport location (2H) at :15 and :45 past the hour, every hour, and leave the hotel at :00 and :30 on the hour from the hotel. I wish that Robin had simply answered my question the first time; this would have saved me from rushing, and I would have been able to spend some of my 22 minutes of waiting around for the next shuttle inside, having a coffee or relaxing rather than shivering at the shuttle stop. That's the only problem that I had and it was a minor one.

Room Tip: I asked for a room close to the elevator and on a lower floor so I could avoid long elevator waits a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We had an early morning flight out of Dulles airport (actually in Virginia) and chose this hotel that has a package rate that includes 10 days parking (on a secured covered garage) and round trip shuttle service to the airport. Since it is only four miles away it is really convenient and a great value. Since you are basically in an office park no attractions or food offerings than the hotel but the food there was good! The service was a bit pokey at dinner time but that is my only quibble. I think we caught a shift change. Front desk staff nice and helpful!

• Stayed May 2013
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear smotley,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at Westin Dulles. We offer the Westin Heavenly bed for a great night's rest and a complimentary shuttle that runs to the airport every 30 minutes around the clock to ensure a relaxing trip to wherever your destination may be.
Thank you as well for the kind words regarding our staff. Our staff takes pride in providing excellent service and does their best to make each and every guest's stay enjoyable.

Yours in Hospitality,
Linda Tierney
Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel
Orange County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This property is clean, well maintained with friendly staff. Nice gym and spa. Shuttle service to/from airport twice an hour as well as to a large local mall on a limited basis. Bathrooms are large and well appointed. Rooms have large picture window and it was actually clean and clear. Tv was a decent size flat screen and desk had ports for all of your electronics. The hotel is in a corporate park not really near any off-property dining options. This was an impressive corporate hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hudson Valley, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is the third time I have taken a large (160) group of 8th graders to this hotel for our annual Washington trip. The staff goes out of their way to welcome us and truly seem to enjoy hosting teenagers (which is relatively unusual and very refreshing). The hotel was immaculate, their organization of multiple rooms and keys was flawless, and the rooms had plenty of linens and amenities since they knew that 4 students would be in each room. The breakfast buffet was excellent, and the banquet manager remembered us from last year. The personal touches and attention to detail are commendable. We have already booked here for next year's trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I like the Westin Washington Dulles. It is a reliable hotel with modern features, and the staff do try to make one's stay comfortable. My room was on the SPG floor, with a view of the pond, where a bride and groom were taking photos. It was quiet with very little plane noise. The room features a very comfortable bed, a nice sitting chair, empty refrigerator, coffee/tea service items, iron/ironing board, desk with chair, etc.

I have rated the property very good vs excellent because there was a Lite beer top peeking out from under the bed. And, it was not my beer top. Otherwise, the room appeared to be clean and orderly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!