“Top place for indoor air quality” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #11 of 20 hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersSilver level
southern california
“Top place for indoor air quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have now stayed here several times. My only issue with the hotel before was the new carpet smell. I am happy to report that the smell has now abated and the property is really lovely for indoor air quality. The HVAC system kept the air rather dry so there was no chance of mildew in the room - often a problem in the mid-atlantic region. And the previous new carpet smell is essentially gone now. Also the hotel did not have a strong "white tea" odor as some Westin properties suffer from (too much of the signature scent). I brought my own conditioner shampoo and soap so I did not need to afflict myself with any of those white tea products. The fitness center is really lovely. Several lifefitness ellipticals, many treadmills and many other equipment.
There is also a rather long pool that one might be able to swim laps in. The staff was a bit on the clueless side but also very quick to respond to requests. They were out of gym shoes in my size but gave me a complimentary pair of socks anyway. They did not have my bed defeathered when I arrived but sent people right away to fix it as I was checking in. The staff even spotted a lightbulb out and replaced it without my asking about it. Parking was free. Overall I was quite happy with this property. In particular it was a huge improvement over the hotel I stayed at the previous night in Bethesda (you can read my review of that here). I got a room at my corporate rate of $168/night.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be quite good at this property. It is a quiet location.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

397 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Rotselaar, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We booked this hotel for 1 night after a long flight and before going to Washington DC the next day. This hotel is perfect for this purpose.

There are 2 shuttles an hour to bring you to the hotel from the airport. The hotel is near the airport, but you don't hear any airplanes here. The rooms are very quiet.

The bed is very comfortable and staff very friendly and helpful.

The next morning we took the free hotel shuttle back to the airport, where we took the metrobus straight into Washington DC (6USD one way).

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I were coming back from Germany when, after spending 2hrs on the tarmac, our flight to Miami was canceled. Anyone who's been through this knows the drill. The ticketing agent rattled off some hotels (Hampton Inn, Hilton, etc.) then said "Westin." We jumped on it and couldn't have been happier. We had to wait for the shuttle in the rain with only our carry on luggage, but what a treat when we got there. Took all of two minutes to check in and thankfully the bar was open for a couple more hours. The front desk gave us a 2pm check out (flight wasn't until 6pm) and after spending eleven days on an uncomfortable bed in Berlin with limited hot water you can only imagine how happy we were. Westin's a great chain and the staff were fantastic.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here one night with my husband and baby after getting a great deal on hotels.com. The room was nice and updated, we were offered a crib upon check-in, and the front desk was all around very accommodating. Westin beds are always "heavenly", and the indoor pool was a perk in the less than perfect weather. Overall, a good experience and would def recommend to friends staying in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Arrived quite late into Washington and planned to stay at the Westin. Shuttle bus arrives every 15 minutes at the airport and takes you to the hotel within 5-8 minutes. Located on a 'new housing and business estate' and the hotel seems to be completely new. Staff were excellent - good service and very attentive. The rooms (and the rest of the hotel) were very clean. We rooms are very quiet (we requested a room at the end of a corridor) and the beds are excellent. No wonder they call them heavenly bed - you don't want to get up the following morning! All-round a wonderful experience at the Westin - highly recommended for those staying overnight.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the corridor - away from the elevators. It doesn't matter if you ha...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear dutchman1011,

Thank you for your feedback and for your kind words about our hotel. Our shuttle actually arrives at 2H at Dulles Airport every 30 minutes at the :15 and :45 of every hour and we are one of the few hotels that actually runs overnight as well if necessary.
We have noticed many of our guests stay at this Westin and others simply for the famous Heavenly Bed. What can be more important than a good night's sleep?
Thank you once again for your feedback and please let me know if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable.

Regards,
Linda Tierney
Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I were traveling to Virginia Beach and got stuck in Washington D.C. because of a canceled flight. United put us up at the Westin and I was happy that they did. My wife and I were greeted with smiles and superb customer service. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner and a comfortable bed. They made our bad trip a little more bearable.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This Westin keeps up the tradition of nice rooms with very polite staff. Very convenient to the airport and local businesses and the Air and Space museum. The rooms are comfortable and clean my room looked over the airport and a highway but you don't notice any noise in the room. The area around the hotel is nice and there is free parking in the garage.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!