“Great rooms, marginal location.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great rooms, marginal location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This is another fine example of a SPG hotel. Parking is free. Check in was easy. The staff very accommodating. My first room was on a low floor with a view of a wall; however, with one quick call they moved me to a much nicer one. My two issues are:

This hotel is located in a pseudo commercial residential area near the airport with NO access to offsite resterants or stores. Be prepared to drive if you want anything other than food served at the hotel. It is very close to IAD.

My room was clean the first day I arrived (was there for 7) but then the cleaning service went down hill from there. The first day.. Good. Second day..I left several times for more than an hour each time and the attendant never showed up. She even saw me leave twice. At 6 pm when I got into the hotel for the night.. She knocked on my door. The last day the attendant cleaned but by that I mean she made the bed. The coffee was not replenished. The bathroom not cleaned.

Overall a good hotel that I will stay at again. They can't change the location and I'm hoping the house cleaning issue was a fluke.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Florida Panhandle, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I recently spent two nights at this hotel. It was clean, the rooms comfortable, the staff was very friendly and the breakfast they served our party was wonderful. I would definitely stay here again. We had a party of 36 (26 kids, and 10 adults) and the hotel staff was wonderful with our kids. We really had a great experience at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here one night on our way back to Louisville and we were both very impressed. The room and bathroom were lovely and it has one of the best showers i've seen in a hotel room. The location is kind of strange but the room was worth it. We will definitely be checking into staying at more Westin hotels.

• Stayed March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here for a short overnight before flying out of IAD.

Arrived around 11pm, gentleman at the front desk was indifferent and offered not a lot more than my key, with no recognition of platinum status. Room and bathroom were clean and of typical Westin standard. Needed a bottle of water so I went to the bar who stated that they "didn't have" bottled water (seriously?) and referred me to the small shop next to check-in. Grabbed a couple of small bottles of water and then waited in line for 20 minutes to pay -- not the way I wanted to spend my time given that I had an early wake-up call in the morning.

The one bright spot was the staff at the restaurant for breakfast - particularly a gentleman named Scott. He was very friendly and attentive, which was more than I could say for the bar and front desk staff the evening prior.

All in all, an average stay. Perhaps it was just an "off" night for the staff, but this wasn't the usual high Westin standard.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We only stayed here for one night, but the room was FABULOUS! Extremely comfortable bed, glass door LARGE shower with quality toiletries, modern decor, including large flat screen tv. We arrived after midnight and left before 11 so didn't get to experience much else. They do take pets, got a fantastic rate, and the area was nice. My only complaint was that we requested a high floor overlooking the pond and instead were on the third floor overlooking a roof below and the parking garage. As a Starwood member, I think they could have done better with the booking. Otherwise, highly recommended. Please note it is a good 30 minute drive to DC area. Would a stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The management and staff at the Dulles Westin are extremely attentive and professional. I have stayed at this property at least 10 times and have been satisfied ALL the time. The breakfast crew is fantastic. They are cordial and really treat customers like family. The breakfast display is awesome. This place is a real getaway and it is relaxing. I would like to especially thank Alvin for ensuring I am taken care of when I stay at this property. This property focuses on standard and cleanliness. I have never been disappointed with any of my stays at this hotel. I look forward to my next stay. I highly recommend a good night stay at this property. As a platinum member service, cleanliness and standards are key.

Room Tip: All rooms were clean and service was awesome
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Cayman Brac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had to overnight in Washington, DC on our way from Canada to the Caribbean and stayed one night at the Westin. We had booked the hotel using Hotwire, so we didn't know which hotel we would be staying at until the booking was completed. The Westin was a fantastic deal for the price we paid as it would have been good value even at their published rack rates.

The common areas are spectacular and the room was large and very well-appointed. We arrived late evening after travelling all day. The dining room was closed but we were able to order from the bar menu. The bacon cheeseburger and fries was one of the best I have had. The bartender was great and the selection of wines by the glass was very good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!