“Excellent room!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Georgia
“Excellent room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We only stayed here for one night, but the room was FABULOUS! Extremely comfortable bed, glass door LARGE shower with quality toiletries, modern decor, including large flat screen tv. We arrived after midnight and left before 11 so didn't get to experience much else. They do take pets, got a fantastic rate, and the area was nice. My only complaint was that we requested a high floor overlooking the pond and instead were on the third floor overlooking a roof below and the parking garage. As a Starwood member, I think they could have done better with the booking. Otherwise, highly recommended. Please note it is a good 30 minute drive to DC area. Would a stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The management and staff at the Dulles Westin are extremely attentive and professional. I have stayed at this property at least 10 times and have been satisfied ALL the time. The breakfast crew is fantastic. They are cordial and really treat customers like family. The breakfast display is awesome. This place is a real getaway and it is relaxing. I would like to especially thank Alvin for ensuring I am taken care of when I stay at this property. This property focuses on standard and cleanliness. I have never been disappointed with any of my stays at this hotel. I look forward to my next stay. I highly recommend a good night stay at this property. As a platinum member service, cleanliness and standards are key.

Room Tip: All rooms were clean and service was awesome
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Cayman Brac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had to overnight in Washington, DC on our way from Canada to the Caribbean and stayed one night at the Westin. We had booked the hotel using Hotwire, so we didn't know which hotel we would be staying at until the booking was completed. The Westin was a fantastic deal for the price we paid as it would have been good value even at their published rack rates.

The common areas are spectacular and the room was large and very well-appointed. We arrived late evening after travelling all day. The dining room was closed but we were able to order from the bar menu. The bacon cheeseburger and fries was one of the best I have had. The bartender was great and the selection of wines by the glass was very good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dulles, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you come to the Washington Dulles area, this is the hotel for you. It is by far the best hotel for this area and all over the world. I am a Diamond member with Hilton, diamond with Hyatt and Platinum with Starwood, so my family and I have stayed at a lot of hotels all over the world. We live in this area and have problems with our house so we have stayed almost every single hotel in this area but this one is the best! Once you walk in the front door, the welcomed environment, the Westin Aroma, and the beautiful decoration take away all of your stresses and make you feel so fresh and inviting. On top of that is top notch service from the bellman to the front desk staffs, to the waiters, to the housekeeping staffs. The rooms are beautiful and worth every single penny from the Westin heavenly bed, Westin heavenly double shower heads, the big and spacious room and bathroom. One day I got back to the rooms and saw the housekeeping staff dried my girls’ bathing suites, folded nicely and left them on the bed. Oh, how thoughtful that is and really impressed! We all had a stressful day so that was just what we needed that day so we could go and relax in the pool. The food is excellent and so delicious that my youngest one sometimes one to come here just because they have the best grilled cheese sandwich, French fried and drink for just $6. And the chef even makes the grilled cheese at breakfast. This means a lot to my little one as she has a lot of food allergies. We left the Hilton Dulles just a couple miles away for the Westin because they refused to make grilled cheese sandwich at breakfast and if they make them, the grilled cheese is burned.
For those of you who complaint about the upgrade, it is understandable that sometimes upgrades can’t be made because the hotel has only 6 or 7 suites, one on each floor. The suite is a little bigger in size but the quality of the bed and the Heavenly double heads shower are the same in the standard room or suites. The hotel is also offered shuttle service to the Reston town center where you can a lot of choices in shopping and dining if you don’t like to eat in at the hotel.
Once a while I treat my kids a night stay at the Westin so they can enjoy the hotel, food, the pool and see everyone that they love here. You can find the prepaid rate at the Starwood hotels website. It is very reasonable and it is even better than Expedia rate.
The Westin Dulles is just like second home to us. Thank you very much everyone for working very hard to keep the hotel beautiful and always provide excellent service with a beautiful smile on your face. We love you all including Julio, Charlie, Sean H, Sean M, Bryant, the two Kevins, John, Linda, Nancy, and all of you who I don’t remember names.
Keep up the good work everyone!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally spacious and beautifully decorated with the Westin Heavenly matress and double...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Beckley, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel displays all the qualities I love about Starwood/Westin properties. Clean, modern, fresh, excellent service - beautiful functional rooms. All Westin properties should use this hotel as a model on how they should all be.

Room Tip: Suites are awesome, huge walk-in shower and separate tub - large living room, bedroom and office are...
Tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was compelled to spend the night here after I missed a connecting flight. I am a Starwood member so I am a fan of this hotel brand. Also, I spent only about 8 hours in the hotel and I was asleep for six of those hours, so my review would be limited to the fact that upon awakening, I found pen marks on the sheet. Apparently the sheets had not been changed after the last guest, or maybe even before that; who knows. All that is clear is that the sheets were not changed for my use.
Bathroom amenities were spartan, supplies sparse but the facilities were clean.
Electrical outlets were well hidden out of view, probably to deter guests from charging the numerous electronic essentials we travel with - iPad, iphone, international cell phone and laptop.
I would not deliberately seek this hotel out but if I am compelled to spend another night in DC due to flight delays, I would consider staying again just to better experience the hotel. I definitely would request for the sheets to be changed before I lie in them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear mdmbajd,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Westin Dulles. I truly apologize that your room was certainly not up to Westin standards. I can assure you that our bed sheets are absolutely changed and cleaned after every guest checks out. Although clean, the sheets should not be stained as they were and I have informed my Housekeeping Manager to more closely inspect all of the sheets before placing them on the bed.
All of our desks have electrical outlets on the outside of the desk which we hope to be more convenient to guests as opposed to the traditional outlets in the wall, which admittedly are behind desks and furniture.
Thank you once again for your feedback. We take all feedback very seriously, especially about cleanliness as we realize that cleanliness of our guest rooms and facilities is the single most important aspect to our guests. I can assure you your next stay will be much more enjoyable.

Linda Tierney
Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is definitely a nice Westin at a good price. The rooms are bigger-than-average and bathrooms OK, as well. Check-in and check-out is smooth and efficient. As other patrons have noted, food was definitely a big downside. Compared to the other Westin down the street with excellent food, this hotel is a little lacking. Even at breakfast, the food was average and the service (especially in the last couple times that I have been) is woefully inadequate - slow and not effective. Also, if working the area, a plus is your definitely leveraging the hotel shuttle to and from the airport and the surrounding environs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!