“Love the Westin!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Maryland, USA
“Love the Westin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Beautiful room. Comfortable bed. I actually bought the mattress, pillows, box spring and comforter!!!

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

397 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night and loved it so much that when we needed a hotel the second night, we decided to come back here.

The moment you step foot into this Westin hotel, you feel like you're on vacation. The atmosphere was fresh, crisp and refreshing. The hotel is clean and organized. The beds are always comfortable and the bathrooms are spacious. I absolutely loved the double shower heads!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

I would recommend this hotel for sure. The room was very nice, as were the beds. Having starbucks coffee in the room was a real perk! The restaurant/bar is very expensive, but good. My view of the parking deck was not the best, but it was nice to see a garden. Also the entire hotel is beautiful. With all the bad weather, it was VERY nice to have the parking deck. There is the option to valet, but we were completely fine parking ourselves. A lot of people complained about the free internet in the rooms. Yeah, it's slow, but it's not the worst I've ever seen. Just have a bit of patience. Otherwise, just go down into the lobby, and you can use the high speed for free. The only real issues we had were not getting our room serviced once and not receiving a wake up call twice. The first miss of a wake up call and the room not being serviced were made up for, which I was grateful for. The second missed wake up call was on check out day, which didn't turn out to be too big of a deal, but could have been. I would only say do not rely solely on the wake up call, set an alarm as well. Outside of this, if you are looking for a bit of luxury, go for it.

Room Tip: Look for the room more than a month in advance
  • Stayed May 2011
WestinDulles, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Dear bmclark2,

I think I am more concerned about your comment on missed wake-up calls than perhaps you were - thank you for your generosity in forgiving us this shortfall. I can assure you that I am taking the feedback to heart and reviewing / revamping our process to try and determine why calls were missed. For may, especially those travelling on business or with flights to catch, wake-up call are a crucial part of the experience and something we will not miss in the future!

Beyond that, I'm glad to hear was a good one and we look forward to seeing you again.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Arrived in DC late at night and needed a room close to the airport. The staff was nice, everything was new and clean, the rooms were big (we got upgraded to a suite), and the parking was free. That said, there's not much in the area. There is a decent restaurant and small cafe at the hotel, but everything was way overpriced.

Overall, a nice place to stay if you need to be in the Dulles/Herndon area. It was quiet and we got a great nights sleep before spending a couple days in Maryland and DC.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear BPK_Travel,

I'm glad you were able to leave our hotel well rested and ready to go exploring. Your feedback is appreciated - we try to cater to many varying tastes and price ranges for our guests at Padella Restaurant. Your thoughts on our pricing will definitely be taken into consideration - thank you.

State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

There were only three things I could think of that I didn't like about this hotel:

1) No free internet in the hotel rooms. I mean, if a filthy motel in Wheeling, WV can offer free wi-fi, I kind of just expect everyone to.
2) They've got a beautiful pool, but it closes at 9pm. That extra hour would've given me some nice pool time.
3) It is difficult to find! My GPS was going nuts and I probably sprouted a few grey hairs getting there.

But those things aside, I had a wonderful time! I must emphasize that the hotel restaurant is AMAZING! There are no words for the magic Chef Luca can do with chicken breast, no joke. The bartender was friendly and a master at my guilty pleasure, the Blue Hawaiian. And the crown jewel? THE BEDS! Not only were the best comfortable, the sheets just felt plush and luxurious. I rolled around in them like a little kid because it just felt so good! The bathroom also deserves an honorable mention, I loved having two showerheads and the toiletries were wonderful.

I mean, I love my internet and my pool open til 10pm, but another round with Chef Luca's creations and those beds drive a pretty hard bargain.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear eightwednesday,

Thanks for your kind words - and yes, Chef Luca and his team do know how to work magic in the kitchen! We do offer complimentary internet in the lobby and restaurant area if that helps at all on future visits. As for the pool your feedback will definitely be taken into consideration as we move forward - we are continually adjusting our operations to ensure we meed our guests needs as much as possible. The requirement in Fairfax County to have a lifeguard on duty whenever the pool is open limits us slightly but we continue to review and flex the hours to try and meet the bulk of our guests needs.

Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Overall, the hotel was a nice modern hotel. The GPS route that I got was non-obvious, and difficult to navigate. (The town of Herndon has build a bad road system where a 4 lane highway turns into a 1 lane highway in a few feet, then it goes back to a 4 lane road.) That said, most of the staff was nice, except for one rude bufete server person. (It happens in any large organization.) After the trip I called the lost and found department, and they quickly determined that the lost item was not at the hotel (which was a good thing, because we were able to locate it in our car instead.)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Property is very nice. Some staff is very friendly, some are aloof. I really liked one of the bartenders, a black male w/ dreads. He really made evenings enjoyable because of how friendly he was and genuinely interested in providing great customer service. The happy hour w/ half price small plates was a great option, and the bar was large and well lit, good for solo business travelers like myself. Breakfast could use a lot of improving, and I wouldn't even bother w/ the room service breakfast as the best part of it was the orange juice and water. But dinner and dessert at the bar were great as I stated. Rooms are very clean, and quiet as long as there aren't school groups (which I had a couple of nights). Inevitably they run up and down the halls. But I couldn't hear people in the rooms next to me. I had a workout room the first time (stayed two consecutive weeks) and that was so awesome, convenient to have a treadmill in your room, so get that if you can, though I think they told me there are only 3 in the whole hotel. Wide selection of cable channels a plus, great soap and lotion (some hotels have awful toiletries), rooms smell good (something they must use when they clean), towels are nice, gym is very nice...I'd definitely stay here again when in the Dulles/Herndon area. I will warn that the Heavenly Bed is very...use lumbar pillow they provide if you're used to a firm bed like I am.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor facing lake if you can get it.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear althotelcritic,

Thank you for your kind feedback and dedication to our hotel. The bartender you reference has been with us since opening and is truly a staple in Padella and a joy to have around - I'm always glad to see that energy and interest reflected in reviews!

Shortly after your stay with us we re-vamped our breakfast buffet and have been getting some glowing feedback on our varying specials of the day as well as some of the new presentations and options available. Perhaps you may find it more to your liking on your next visit - please don't hesitate to ask for me if you have any further suggestions or feedback if you do stay with us again.

General Manager.

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!