“Average....just barely ” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Average....just barely ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

The hotel was clean. I have no complaints about that at all! It suited my purpose, and the price was right. However when I checked in the first words I was greeted with were 'no free wifi and no free breakfast'. I was actually aware of those facts but it just struck me as wrong to have those negatives jammed at me immediately upon my arrival. They should have also added no room fridge (that one shocked me!!) and no information in the room about the fact that the hotel even had a pool and fitness center. Nothing. I asked at the desk to find them and to find the hours as they were not posted.

As I stated the room was spotless. There were some items that needed repaired...the sliding shower door was off the track and a knob on the bathroom was laying on the bathroom shelf when I checked in.

Parking was TIGHT! I came back from dinner and took the last spot! Meanwhile they had the whole back lot mostly empty and cordoned off with only certain vehicles allowed in. They advertise long term parking for people flying in and out of Dulles. I assume that's what that was for. In my estimation it may be better to make sure you have parking for your nightly guests before you over extend your capabilities.

All in all the price was right and I had no major complaints. Next time however I will probably spend the extra ten dollars and go somewhere else where I have more of those little things that make the stay easier.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Dear Mfclingan,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel, but disappointed that we failed your expectations at check in and during your stay. Please feel free to call me at 571-643-0950. I would like to make this right. I look forward to speaking with you and I hope you will give us another chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Herndon, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This is a great hotel! The staff is wonderful. Nasir was extremely courteous and accommodating at the front desk, as well as everyone else. My dog stayed with me for no extra charge or deposit. There was no remote control to the TV and when I called to ask where I could go to get one - they promptly brought one to my room. Wake calls were great, and the breakfast buffet that came with my room package was complete with a variety of different food choices each morning. I could not ask for more - well, actually I did ask for more. I wanted a late check out and found out the normal checkout time is 12 noon - so they offered me 2:00 pm which helped me tremendously! I will definitely be back if I should be working in the area again.

Room Tip: The wifi is not free with all packages, but comes with many! There is free wifi in the hotel lobby...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Linda W,

Thank you for the great review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, wake up calls were timely, and Nasir and the Front Office team provided you with great service. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
San Marino, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I frequent Dulles a lot usually overnight for my flight. I have stayed in many similar hotel but this time I got a good rate from Sheraton for $59. Worth it?
First call for shuttle, the hotel personnel put me on hold, never came back. I called again he say he is so busy that he is alone and I got to hold. Ok. Then say shuttle takes 20-30 mins....ummmm nope. 45 mins. Is a shuttle van kind not the larger hotel van.
Checkin is fast. Room decent, old decorating, bathroom good size , water pressure ok and Ac is poor, not cold even set at 65. Watch your knee when using the toilet, the toilet paper handle is so close I hit my knee few times . Bad location .
Food at the bar , not great. Wifi horrible, can't connect with my iPad. The. Enter credit card still didn't get through. Later found out they charged me for it and I will call them to dispute it.
Shuttle runs every 30 mins but I left early just in case.
Overall, nothing special , a room to sleep. For that $50 bucks yes I would stay again but more, I will choose Hyatt down the street, much much better.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear jt93664,

I am sorry that you had to wait 45 minutes for the shuttle van, had trouble connectind to wifi, and you did not enjoy the food at the bar. We would like to make this right. Please call us at 571-643-0950 to discuss your stay. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to speaking with you.
Hanover
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here to attend an International Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses and we were very pleased with this hotel!
Everything was very clean and everyone was very nice to talk to.
That being said, it seems that they want to charge you for everything. Including breakfast, the bottles of water in the room and wifi. I loved staying here though and would stay again, given the chance, despite charging for certain things.
But overall, a beautiful hotel in a nice area :)

Stayed August 2014
Dear Expedition Live,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the cleanliness, wifi, and most of all the service from our team. Thank you for staying us and look forward to seeing you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

It was my first time at this hotel as I like SPG points. I normally stay at the Westin that is close by when in the area. I informed the person at the front desk of this and he made every effort imaginable to make my stay great! Unfortunately upon getting to my room the key didn't work, it wasn't an issue with the key but the maintenance guy had to fix the actual lock on the door. I never received an invoice either under the door or via email following my stay.
They did upgrade me once my key didn't work as that was the only room free and ready. The hotel itself is nice but more outdated than the Westin. Staff was great!! super helpful for a route to go jogging and willingness to help.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear John Michel T,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am glad to read the team took great care of you and upgraded you to the club level. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Shuttle was 40 minute wait for a 5 min ride. Arrived after all day of flying and restaurant/room service closed at 10 PM. No offer to accommodate (eg order pizza, pay for our meal elsewhere). LED's in room didn't work, so dark room with low flickering light. Never ever again!

• Stayed July 2014
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Matt L,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am sorry to see that we disappointed you with the restaurant hours and the shuttle transportation. I would like to make this right. Please feel free to call me at 571-643-0950. I look forward to speaking with you and hope you will give us a second chance.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Having been travelling for the best part of 24 hours my husband and I arrived tired at the Sheraton, we were greeted very kindly by a gentleman at reception and they offered to store our excess luggage. My husband had to leave to pick up our dog from the airport and when the reception found out they kindly offered us a room on the ground floor so I don't have to take him far...very thoughtful.
I came back down to reception to ask where ice could be located, I was told by same man floor 2 and 5 but wait a moment ma'am and I will fill up yr bucket from the bar for you...very kind and later when I purchased items from the shop he again could see I was tired and called over that he would just add them to my room account.

Room service quick efficient and tasty, a lovely stay it a super friendly hotel.....thanks Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear rosieandjan,

Thank you for the great review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am very happy to see the team took such great care of you. I will post your comments for the whole team to read. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Been to Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!