“Worth it or not???” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
San Marino, California
“Worth it or not???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I frequent Dulles a lot usually overnight for my flight. I have stayed in many similar hotel but this time I got a good rate from Sheraton for $59. Worth it?
First call for shuttle, the hotel personnel put me on hold, never came back. I called again he say he is so busy that he is alone and I got to hold. Ok. Then say shuttle takes 20-30 mins....ummmm nope. 45 mins. Is a shuttle van kind not the larger hotel van.
Checkin is fast. Room decent, old decorating, bathroom good size , water pressure ok and Ac is poor, not cold even set at 65. Watch your knee when using the toilet, the toilet paper handle is so close I hit my knee few times . Bad location .
Food at the bar , not great. Wifi horrible, can't connect with my iPad. The. Enter credit card still didn't get through. Later found out they charged me for it and I will call them to dispute it.
Shuttle runs every 30 mins but I left early just in case.
Overall, nothing special , a room to sleep. For that $50 bucks yes I would stay again but more, I will choose Hyatt down the street, much much better.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Dear jt93664,

I am sorry that you had to wait 45 minutes for the shuttle van, had trouble connectind to wifi, and you did not enjoy the food at the bar. We would like to make this right. Please call us at 571-643-0950 to discuss your stay. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to speaking with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Hanover
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here to attend an International Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses and we were very pleased with this hotel!
Everything was very clean and everyone was very nice to talk to.
That being said, it seems that they want to charge you for everything. Including breakfast, the bottles of water in the room and wifi. I loved staying here though and would stay again, given the chance, despite charging for certain things.
But overall, a beautiful hotel in a nice area :)

Stayed August 2014
Dear Expedition Live,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the cleanliness, wifi, and most of all the service from our team. Thank you for staying us and look forward to seeing you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

It was my first time at this hotel as I like SPG points. I normally stay at the Westin that is close by when in the area. I informed the person at the front desk of this and he made every effort imaginable to make my stay great! Unfortunately upon getting to my room the key didn't work, it wasn't an issue with the key but the maintenance guy had to fix the actual lock on the door. I never received an invoice either under the door or via email following my stay.
They did upgrade me once my key didn't work as that was the only room free and ready. The hotel itself is nice but more outdated than the Westin. Staff was great!! super helpful for a route to go jogging and willingness to help.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear John Michel T,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am glad to read the team took great care of you and upgraded you to the club level. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Shuttle was 40 minute wait for a 5 min ride. Arrived after all day of flying and restaurant/room service closed at 10 PM. No offer to accommodate (eg order pizza, pay for our meal elsewhere). LED's in room didn't work, so dark room with low flickering light. Never ever again!

• Stayed July 2014
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Matt L,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am sorry to see that we disappointed you with the restaurant hours and the shuttle transportation. I would like to make this right. Please feel free to call me at 571-643-0950. I look forward to speaking with you and hope you will give us a second chance.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Having been travelling for the best part of 24 hours my husband and I arrived tired at the Sheraton, we were greeted very kindly by a gentleman at reception and they offered to store our excess luggage. My husband had to leave to pick up our dog from the airport and when the reception found out they kindly offered us a room on the ground floor so I don't have to take him far...very thoughtful.
I came back down to reception to ask where ice could be located, I was told by same man floor 2 and 5 but wait a moment ma'am and I will fill up yr bucket from the bar for you...very kind and later when I purchased items from the shop he again could see I was tired and called over that he would just add them to my room account.

Room service quick efficient and tasty, a lovely stay it a super friendly hotel.....thanks Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear rosieandjan,

Thank you for the great review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am very happy to see the team took such great care of you. I will post your comments for the whole team to read. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed 3 nights during our time of touring Washington DC. This is a great hotel with excellent staff in lobby, housekeeping and restaurant. The beds are awesome with great linens and pillows. Very clean and Starbucks coffee in the morning is a great perk. The pool had a lifeguard. There are several restaurants in the area but the hotel restaurant has good food at great prices. We drove into Vienna Fairfax subway stop to travel into the city for sightseeing and it was a breeze. Overall a great place for our time in this area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear dlonzo,

Thank you for the great review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the cleanliness, beds, and most of all the service from the whole team. When traveling to the Dulles area we hope you choose to stay with us again.
Danvers, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Flight was canceled, had no overnight bag and had to stay at this hotel! AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!! Took care of every need and even had the shuttle driver take me to purchase clothes at Kohl's. WOW!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear RickBenty,

Thank you for the great review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am very happy to read that Kurt and Nasir took great care of you during a cancelled flight and no luggage. I will review your comments with the whole team at the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Been to Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!